take your UTV, or dirt bikes, to CROOM?

Started by mulerider, May 04, 2009, 02:23:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mulerider

This post is probably in the wrong place, but....  Does anyone know if you can take your UTV, or dirt bikes, to CROOM?
(Kawasaki Mule)

mrbones

Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

dodgefsu

absoultly no UTV's in croom..  dirt bikes are good....

Johnny Rotten

Does anybody know the reason why no UTVs? Will they ever let them in? Is it no UTV because of being able to take multiple passengers? Or maybe even the chance of a ATV / UTV accident being the UTV weighs so much more? Or is there even a reason?

I don't know if this is already answered on another thread, I used the search and came up with this one..? 

Thanks,
2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

dj_pizzim

There is talk that they will let UTV's in sometime but i dont think it will be anytime soon.   The reason for them not letting them in now is the overall width and that fact that you dont straddle the seat ... both of which are in the rules from many moons ago
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

HolyLandMan

you wont be able to fit between the trees with your utv
06' Raptor 700r
GYTR pipe, air filter and billet stack
Rear HD's
Front GNCC
GYTR- a-arm and, chassis skids
PC3
White Maier Plastic
GYTR Blue drip Graphics
G-Force axle
GTT XC linkage

2002 Chevy Silveraldo(5.3L)
True dual Flowmaster super 44s, Chipped, K&N Cold air intake. More to come

Johnny Rotten

Quote from: HolyLandMan on March 19, 2010, 07:58:10 PM
you wont be able to fit between the trees with your utv

I have heard that before. Is that everywhere? There's noway around?

Still there might be some people out there with a stock RZR that would like to hit the trails. Stock RZRs are 50". With my long travel and aftermarket tires and wheels I'm out to 65".  I'm definitely not going back to a skinny RZR though.. >:D
2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

Andy9933

Quote from: Johnny Rotten on March 19, 2010, 08:59:53 PM
Quote from: HolyLandMan on March 19, 2010, 07:58:10 PM
you wont be able to fit between the trees with your utv

I have heard that before. Is that everywhere? There's noway around?

Still there might be some people out there with a stock RZR that would like to hit the trails. Stock RZRs are 50". With my long travel and aftermarket tires and wheels I'm out to 65".  I'm definitely not going back to a skinny RZR though.. >:D

You would be able to fit down all the main trails
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

HolyLandMan

yea but that would get boring after a whole 10min. i mean theres places it would fit but u would have to go 1mph if you like those a-arms and tires you have lol.
06' Raptor 700r
GYTR pipe, air filter and billet stack
Rear HD's
Front GNCC
GYTR- a-arm and, chassis skids
PC3
White Maier Plastic
GYTR Blue drip Graphics
G-Force axle
GTT XC linkage

2002 Chevy Silveraldo(5.3L)
True dual Flowmaster super 44s, Chipped, K&N Cold air intake. More to come

Johnny Rotten

Well, like most of everyone else here in Florida I'm just looking for more places to ride. I would like to at least get the chance to check out Croom. From the pics and the videos it looks like fun... 

One day...

Maybe...  :-\
2009 RZR
26x9x14/26x11x14 terra cross on ss 212's,
Rancho 6" long travel...

"I started out with nothing,
I still have most of it..."

HolyLandMan

06' Raptor 700r
GYTR pipe, air filter and billet stack
Rear HD's
Front GNCC
GYTR- a-arm and, chassis skids
PC3
White Maier Plastic
GYTR Blue drip Graphics
G-Force axle
GTT XC linkage

2002 Chevy Silveraldo(5.3L)
True dual Flowmaster super 44s, Chipped, K&N Cold air intake. More to come