Looking for a business to build a short block

Started by IXIswamperIXI, February 22, 2010, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

I know this is mainly ATV site but I thought I would ask.  I was dealing with an out of state company to buy a short block motor for my buggy and they have jerked me around long enough.  I personally can not stand to beg someone to let me buy something from them.  Anyway, I am looking for a V6 2.8L Chevy short block for my buggy.  Specifically now I am looking local (south Florida) (east or west coast) I don't mind paying good I just want a shop that has a good reputation.  I was hoping someone on here might have had some good luck with a good shop. 

Thanks for any info! 
IXIswamperIXI
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Mudneck

[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

IXIswamperIXI

I am on there (more as a lurker with a few comments here and there) but I am not sure if they seem to be more about racing around (I just want a stock short block).  But there is something about that forum makes me a little uncomfortable to post in.  So I just read.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Sleazy_Rider78

I used to have a '93 Chevy S-10 that had that same exact motor in it.  Its a great engine.  Maybe try looking at some junk yards for that engine? 
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

Bandit350

Are you looking for a race type build or just a stock short block?

IXIswamperIXI

Just stock low end.  I have heads already machined, edelbrock makes a intake and cam, then I will throw headers on it.  Thats all I am doing thats not stock.  Oh and HEI distributor.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Chevy1500z71

go to www.car-parts.com, it searches all the salvage yards if florida or out of state if you wish. just plug in what you looking for and you can see what the salvage yards have, how many miles are on the parts your buying, ect. you can find anything from high mileage cheep crap or low miles nice stuff. most of the time they have a 90 day warranty and ship for free to businesses.

i used to search craigslist and ebay for hours until somebody told me about this site. the transmission, transfer case, and rear drive shaft in my truck are all from various salvage yards found on that site. my trans came from Kentucky i believe, got the trans with transfer case, crossmember, slave cylinder, clutch pedal, everything to swap from an automatic to a stick for 900 bucks shipped, and that for a pretty hard to find transmission, there was none in Florida, there was no way i could have located one of these without the help if that site.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com