HS #13 SEFTR-Okeechobee March 27th/28th

Started by mudnuri, February 11, 2010, 12:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudnuri

Well, we finally got our date changed from Mothers day to the last weekend in March. Talk about one happy club and happy racers, too. Hold on now! The AMA Supercross series has a race scheduled for Saturday night and we get word that several clubs have decided to attend this instead of our event. What to do?? Change the event date for the few(estimates are 100-200) that aren't coming or keep our date and host a great event for the many who are planning on attending our event??
We chose to promote the heck out of it as best we can and make up for the folks who chose to skip our event with new people.

We have decided to offer any CARD HOLDING SSQSA MEMBER THAT IS NOT CURRENTLY A FTR MEMBER 50% off the race entry. This is $25 that the racer can use to join FTR which is $50 for the year and I believe our event gives a new card purchase the rest of this season and all of next.
I was called by Brett to see if FTR would do something for the racers in SSQSA. Since that isn't happening, our club stepped up to offer this.
Here is a link to our race flier and website. http://www.seftr.org/razorback.html
We are also hosting a Charity Fun-Run Saturday after the races. You do not have to be a member of anything. All we ask is that you wear a helmet and stay on the trail.
We will have food and live music, too.
We hope you don't have anything better to do and come to our event for some fun!
Brian
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Andy9933

[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

crom A zone

always wanted to do a race might have to check it out   
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

duroc825

Way to go Brian! Great idea. Just gotta find a way to get you back to racin! Our class is gettin bigger every race and got some FAST ole guys in it this year! Gonna try my best to get down there.

miker


bseckel

Great Idea Brian and Thank you for trying to help the SSQSA racers. I already joined FTR and have been racing but I will be at your race. I'm sure that the TBRD racing team will be there to support you guys also.

LostCause

Thanks Brian for doing this for the SSQSA Members.  I hate that we have not been able to get our XC series running strong but figured if we could do something for them to help that would be great.  By the way, If I am correct this FTR membership is good for next year correct?
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

ScooterB

Quote from: LostCause on February 14, 2010, 11:14:45 PM
Thanks Brian for doing this for the SSQSA Members.  I hate that we have not been able to get our XC series running strong but figured if we could do something for them to help that would be great.  By the way, If I am correct this FTR membership is good for next year correct?


As posted on the FTR Site

ALL  FTR MEMBERSHIPS EXPIRE ON
June 30, 2010
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

LostCause

Taken from the FTR Membership Application

MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
ALL MEMBERSHIPS EXPIRE ON JUNE 30th OF EACH YEAR
NEW MEMBERS JOINING MARCH 1st - JUNE 30th WILL HAVE THEIR
MEMBERSHIP EXTENDED TO JUNE 30TH OF THE FOLLOWING YEAR
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

ScooterB

06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

mudnuri

LOL! It's all good!
Daylight savings will be in effect for this event, too!! So we have some extra daylight for the fun-run!
Also the FTR sanction meeting will be at sign-up at 7pm Saturday night.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

mudnuri

Thank you to everyone for coming out this weekend! You quad racers are an awesome bunch!
Doing these races has truly been a great experience in my life. I lead a dual life. My friends at home and family do not get it and never will. I have made so many new friends each year in FTR I cannot count. I have so many of you on speed dial and know I could call on you any time.

Putting on these races takes an enormous amount of planning and dedication. Many of you know that to get together and put one of these on is hard. Getting enough people to see everything through until after everyone is gone Sunday night is not easy. Getting enough people who know the rules and how it works is even harder. What you have left is short of an ego battle at times. I am so over it I can't stand it.  ;) AFter everything is going smooth you wind up  :-*

My section was entrance, camping, club parking, sign-up, vendors, band, start/finish, section 1 going all the way to the fence and coming out of the fence all the way back to the finish.
Wednesday morning at 8am that whole pasture was full of cows. My little dog and I herded them out and 1 guy and I, Darrell Martin, beat and pounded most every stick and stake to make up that section. I used satellite imagery to make a loose picture of what would work and went with it. I studied how the GNCC does it and made it a goal not to use double green posts all over the pasture and use the 20ft rule with creative placement of the arrows and 30 feet of stakes and ribbon for turns or guidance. Sure makes for an easier teardown Sunday night.
It was very much fun and very much rewarding seeing everyone go the way intended and not be confused.
Practice shows any weaknesses or re-routes that may be needed. SEFTR is lucky enough to have some really great members who were there to see this through and make it as safe for you and fun as possible.
I have spent the last three months out there, fishing, hunting, and riding. Working, too. I am sure other clubs and their members reap the same rewards for belonging and being a part. I encourage you to seek out a club near you or one that maybe isn't so near but, you jive with the people better. Whatever the case, just try it. Thats how this whole thing keeps going.
Ok, I am 3/4 dead and going to bed.
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Andy9933

Thanks to you and everyone else that put it on. Track was nice and I had a blast
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

zman03

Anyway of bringing this type of event farther south florida like Lcross or farther south even? We have more than 50000+ registered off-road vehicles from key west to palm beach and this type of event could  expose many more people to this type of fun.I have been to some events in the past and it is truly great family fun. Its a shame this only seems to be prevelent north of Lake Okeechobee. 
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

ScooterB

Quote from: zman03 on March 29, 2010, 02:49:13 AM
Anyway of bringing this type of event farther south florida like Lcross or farther south even? We have more than 50000+ registered off-road vehicles from key west to palm beach and this type of event could  expose many more people to this type of fun.I have been to some events in the past and it is truly great family fun. Its a shame this only seems to be prevelent north of Lake Okeechobee. 

All you need is 800 to 1200 acres of land with wooded areas
and a willing land owner and Im sure one of the south clubs would put on an event.

The biggest challange with hosting on of these races is the land and as we all know the further south you go the less "usable"and we have to work with. 
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

zman03

I am working on 60 acres ,hoping to start something really small but very managable.
Youve gotta pin it to win it!