The T-Bowl track drag is completed and ready for delivery!!!

Started by 2 wheeled flat tracker, January 30, 2010, 04:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 wheeled flat tracker

Here is the pictures of the T-Bowl track drag, you are looking at the bottom of it, My Dad and I just finished welding 51' of 1-3/8" rebar to the bottom of it. The other dilemma is I will be leaving for California on Feb 6 and we need to have this implement picked up from my Dad's house in Clearwater and delivered to T-Bowl ASAP to allow them to fine tune the weight settings and start using it. If we need to add weight we can use logs or 55 gallon drums cut in half and fill them with dirt or concrete. This things is heavy, I estimate it to weigh 450lbs as it sits but the more wieght the faster it will work.

I'm not sure how well this is going to work but trying something is better than whining & complaining.

Any volunteers for picking this up and dropping it off to T-Bowl on your way to Jasper next wkend or any time this wk?

Shawn

psycomicro

Shawn,
You ROCK!!!  It's so nice to have your support.  I do not have words to thank you for your efforts.  I wish I could go pick it up by my man is in south fla working, and I cannot leave to do so but hopfully someone will step up and deliver the device. Something so positive is refreshing.
God Bless you.
Linda

derek330

thats hot shawn... slightly ghetto but should work great none the less. LOL 8)  good job man! ;D
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

WJDTRI

Very Well Done Sir.

You are now deserving of a new title......."Track Drag Queen"  rolback1

WJ  8)
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

2 wheeled flat tracker


WJDTRI

You and Donnie can color coordinate with each other.  rolback1
This is just too easy..... :)

Yes I have a "Q" on my bike number plate and it does stand for "Queen" in honor of my wife....Sir..... comments?  ;)

be careful......my wife is from Detroit and can hurt you :)


8)
WJ

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

WJDTRI

I have been informed that the track drag has mobilized. Barring any enemy attacks, it should arrive at its destination very soon.

Many Many Thanks to Shawn, Gary (Shawn's Dad) and to Mr. Gulley who procured the equipment for delivery

WJ

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

jennifer~at~thunderbowl

Dear Mr. Track Drag Queen... (LOL you sure did not think I was not gonna address that did ya)

Teddy says that this will work, however he suggested you adding spikes. Get the creative juices flowing....

wish ya luck! Be safe going out of State! ::)

2 wheeled flat tracker

Thanks Jennifer,
I expected nothing less than some chop busting from you, it's good to hear from you guys and it would be great to see you at the track again, we are racing on feb 20 can you guys come out?

Tell Teddy I welded 51' of 1&3/8" rebar to the bottom and it will be delivered tomorrow, we may need to add some weight to make it more effective and if we need to add spikes I will bring it back home and do just that.

Shawn

derek330

we made a track dragger for our little track and weight was key. it wouldnt catch any dirt without weight. so we put a utility quad with my BIG friend matt and it worked like a charm. :ThumbsUp.gif
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

WJDTRI

Quote from: derek330 on February 03, 2010, 11:52:24 PM
we made a track dragger for our little track and weight was key. it wouldnt catch any dirt without weight. so we put a utility quad with my BIG friend matt and it worked like a charm. :ThumbsUp.gif

Thats funny.....I didn t know Matt Sibbick had a quad.........or are all guys named Matt....BIG GUYS.....  rolback1

WJ
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

Rflattrackmatt

Dude... your killin me.. You know if I ride a quad I'll put my foot down when I go into the corner and that will be the end of my flat trackin days. I don't think I'm BIG.
But since you brought it up Mr. Whipped??? I hope you are thinking about us tue flat trackers on Saturday while you are primping for your date. O0

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com