Ballance and Kiser enter the fray

Started by Paul_S, January 03, 2010, 07:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_S

Hopefully if we try hard, we can get the 2011 GNCC, give a few of our guys home field advantage.  ;)

duroc825

Shawn, ya finally named the biggest hurdle. $$$$$$$$$$$$$
I actually think it would be cool for ya to get that far cause then my shocks would be FAMOUS!  ;)

Shawn

Quote from: duroc825 on January 04, 2010, 05:42:14 PM
Shawn, ya finally named the biggest hurdle. $$$$$$$$$$$$$
I actually think it would be cool for ya to get that far cause then my shocks would be FAMOUS!  ;)



I know this all to well! If I had the cash or if the FTR would have had a better 1st time racer plan I  would have been racing XC a few years ago. And if i had the cash now to be able to abort my electrician job and train everyday like the pros do I could keep up with them in 1 year. Not beat all of them mind you but i have full confidence that i could run mid pack.

If you watch the whole Chris Borich video you would have heard him say that they are building 2 new bikes for the last 4 races...................use a quad for 2 races and build a new one..........that must be nice.
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Quote from: DALEQUAD on January 04, 2010, 12:26:16 PM
john natalie has run some gncc's an has lead the pro class at times, but lap 3-4 is where the xc guys make you pay with their training, i think shawn has the ability to run with them on the first couple laps and with some physical training and with a reliable machine or two he could compete for some wins


eNDURANCE = Speed
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Quote from: Ride1Rob on January 04, 2010, 12:57:28 PM
We've been saying for years if we ever wondered if we could keep up with those guys (Pros). I remember back in the day when there were very skilled FTR riders that would show up on our Speed rides and couldn't keep up. Dreth, you've been in training for the last few years. Although some of the trails are alot tighter the only thing you need is the race experience on that level. Every time we rode it was a race lol. Good luck buddy  ;) .


We did some good riding but we have never rode our full pace for 2 solid hours. And with my shoulder injury and the bad economy we really have not rode all that much. To be on that pro level you must ride at least 4 times per week and race at least 1 time per month. This is where the $$$$$$ comes in play. Rob, if you had the cash and desire with your talent you could easy make it to the top. But it is a lot of seat time and most of which is alone so it gets boring. Thanks and i wont forget yall when im at the top ;)
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

SlowJoeRacing

they ride every day except for 2 weeks out of the year when they go on vocation.
~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~
JOSEPH#992 - HONDA 450R - RACER
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R - MACHANIC/PIT CREW

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS

Chillinthemost

Shawn, I think you'll make it to the top about the same time Anoriginal becomes a porn star.  ;D
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

oldest

paul i see you have an event this week end is it possible to ride the trail you had the 8 hour event on need to train for 6 hour please respond before thurs thanks

Ride1Rob

Quote from: Shawn on January 04, 2010, 07:05:01 PM
We did some good riding but we have never rode our full pace for 2 solid hours. And with my shoulder injury and the bad economy we really have not rode all that much. To be on that pro level you must ride at least 4 times per week and race at least 1 time per month. This is where the $$$$$$ comes in play. Rob, if you had the cash and desire with your talent you could easy make it to the top. But it is a lot of seat time and most of which is alone so it gets boring. Thanks and i wont forget yall when im at the top ;)

Wasn't speaking at all in terms of endurance. Was talking about the atmosphere of a "Flat out race" for however long we went. The majority of the reasons we stopped was so the rest of the pack could catch up. Enudurance is alot easier to build than talent or skill and you've been building talent and skill over the last 4-5 years ;) . Now with that being said I don't see you running with the big named guys at all on inferior equipment. But I do see you doing well in the field. ALL OF THOSE GUYS WILL BE JUST AS FAST AND FASTER THAN YOU!
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

oldest

shawn call me at 850 516 2301 thanks

Anoriginal

Quote from: Chillinthemost on January 04, 2010, 10:15:44 PM
Shawn, I think you'll make it to the top about the same time Anoriginal becomes a porn star.  ;D

Hey now. I am not appearing in any of that gay stuff you're always after me to do. You big fairy.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

trx#9

Quote from: Anoriginal on January 05, 2010, 01:08:50 PM
Quote from: Chillinthemost on January 04, 2010, 10:15:44 PM
Shawn, I think you'll make it to the top about the same time Anoriginal becomes a porn star.  ;D

Hey now. I am not appearing in any of that gay stuff you're always after me to do. You big fairy.
Don't be lieing now, I have the pictures from the Key west trip.... :o
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Paul_S

Quote from: oldest on January 05, 2010, 08:40:00 AM
paul i see you have an event this week end is it possible to ride the trail you had the 8 hour event on need to train for 6 hour please respond before thurs thanks

Not really, the trail will be open this weekend, but it is reverting back to a 2 way - for this weekend only, no speed riding.  :(

Shawn


Wasn't speaking at all in terms of endurance. Was talking about the atmosphere of a "Flat out race" for however long we went. The majority of the reasons we stopped was so the rest of the pack could catch up. Enudurance is alot easier to build than talent or skill and you've been building talent and skill over the last 4-5 years ;) . Now with that being said I don't see you running with the big named guys at all on inferior equipment. But I do see you doing well in the field. ALL OF THOSE GUYS WILL BE JUST AS FAST AND FASTER THAN YOU!
[/quote]


Im hoping that i will impress someone enough to help out so i wont have inferior equipment ;). I just want to get fast enough to place in the top 30 overall in the GNCC bythe end of the 2011 season. That will put me around mid pack of the pro am class and that i can live with knowing dont have the big money to fall back on. Worst case is i will have raced with the best, traveled the eastern time zone and should be the fastest in florida 8)



Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Shawn on January 05, 2010, 06:04:03 PM

Im hoping that i will impress someone enough to help out so i wont have inferior equipment ;). I just want to get fast enough to place in the top 30 overall in the GNCC bythe end of the 2011 season. That will put me around mid pack of the pro am class and that i can live with knowing dont have the big money to fall back on. Worst case is i will have raced with the best, traveled the eastern time zone and should be the fastest in florida 8)


Shawn, 
  Ride with Chuck Piper that will gauge if you have a chance. 2 or 3 years ago (I can't remember when) he finished 20th overall in the Florida GNCC afternoon race. He beat half the pros. He is faaaaaaaaaaaasssssssttttttttt!!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

greenmachine

Shawn, I got faith in ya man. You can do it! Only thing that worries me is those linebacker pads getting you caught between some tight tree branches and throwing you back off the quad....... ;)

Shawn

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on January 05, 2010, 07:28:19 PM
Quote from: Shawn on January 05, 2010, 06:04:03 PM

Im hoping that i will impress someone enough to help out so i wont have inferior equipment ;). I just want to get fast enough to place in the top 30 overall in the GNCC bythe end of the 2011 season. That will put me around mid pack of the pro am class and that i can live with knowing dont have the big money to fall back on. Worst case is i will have raced with the best, traveled the eastern time zone and should be the fastest in florida 8)


Shawn, 
  Ride with Chuck Piper that will gauge if you have a chance. 2 or 3 years ago (I can't remember when) he finished 20th overall in the Florida GNCC afternoon race. He beat half the pros. He is faaaaaaaaaaaasssssssttttttttt!!



He is faster than me but not by much. I need a little more endurance to run with him. He has been racing for years and I have 3 races to my name. All i can do is try.
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

bseckel

You are lucky that you hooked up with me going to the GNCC's this season then. I am a OK racer but I am a great Mechanic!! and I have all the tools we will need for any repairs needed at the track.

dirtslinger

Quote from: bseckel on January 05, 2010, 08:14:12 PM
You are lucky that you hooked up with me going to the GNCC's this season then. I am a OK racer but I am a great Mechanic!! and I have all the tools we will need for any repairs needed at the track.

sweet!!!!! i need the tranny thats getting rebuilt in feb put in my lincoln lolol :-*
Josh Rogers
#70
10-11 Sponsors:
MotoOption Clothing
Rocky Mountain Roastery
EVS Sports
Steel MX
ODI Grips

bseckel


Paul_S

Quote from: bseckel on January 05, 2010, 08:24:10 PM
I only work on Honda's---- lol  :P

I guess you've had plenty of practice then  ;)

bseckel

Yes I have thats why I said I am a really good Mechanic. After the trouble I had with my bike. That happens to like to blow up at the Motoplex BTW. I can rebuild the engine and trans With my eyes closed.

Ride1Rob

Quote from: greenmachine on January 05, 2010, 07:56:21 PM
Shawn, I got faith in ya man. You can do it! Only thing that worries me is those linebacker pads getting you caught between some tight tree branches and throwing you back off the quad....... ;)


LMAO!!! Goodeone!
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

oldest

shawn there are continues for first place (tires gas ect.) so sign up in a class you might win this year that way you get to build endu & rider wisdom you being  :New to gncc try 30 + / 36c /vet b  these guys are good and will give you a work out good luck ride with god you will need help. 

Shawn

Quote from: oldest on January 06, 2010, 06:52:20 AM
shawn there are continues for first place (tires gas ect.) so sign up in a class you might win this year that way you get to build endu & rider wisdom you being  :New to gncc try 30 + / 36c /vet b  these guys are good and will give you a work out good luck ride with god you will need help. 


Thanks Oldest, I am gonna try vet 30+ "A" class. I might not win this class but i feel i will do pretty good. But like you said, being able to afford new tires and sprockets every few races might prove challenging on my budget this season. I thank you for your giving of knowledge ;)
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com