2010 GNCC Racing

Started by gearhead400, December 15, 2009, 08:23:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gearhead400

March will be here before you know it which brings the biggest XC event to FL every year. Who all is going to be racing RD-1? Anyone planning on going up to GA for RD-2?

I'm going to stay down at river ranch that weekend to watch the racing so post up your class and # and i'll try and get some good action shots.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

gearhead400

No one is I take it lol. Money is tight for sure, looks like Borich might not even have a factory ride next year! thats crazy
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

Andy9933

[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

Turboderf

Quote from: gearhead400 on December 21, 2009, 10:06:31 AM
No one is I take it lol. Money is tight for sure, looks like Borich might not even have a factory ride next year! thats crazy
where did u hear that about chris?

gearhead400

Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

bseckel

I will be racing in the 36+C class Number 93. I run a white and red Honda 450R with the Tampabayridindirty.com racing team grafics on it.. I will be racing in Ga. also same class.

Shawn

I will also be there racing the red and blue #23 in the "A" class if no one else has taken my number ;)

I heard that there might be 2 florida races and no georgia  race this year.........anyone else here this??
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Andy9933

Quote from: bseckel on December 21, 2009, 04:51:45 PM
I will be racing in the 36+C class Number 93. I run a white and red Honda 450R with the Tampabayridindirty.com racing team grafics on it.. I will be racing in Ga. also same class.

Oooops wrong name sorry.
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

Paul_S

#8
Quote from: Shawn on December 21, 2009, 04:57:58 PM
I will also be there racing the red and blue #23 in the "A" class if no one else has taken my number ;)

I heard that there might be 2 florida races and no georgia  race this year.........anyone else here this??

We were talking to them about getting a race at the Motoplex, but it's not going to be this year.  :-\

If everyone keeps putting pressure on them we might get one in 2011. Everyone who races at the plex says it's the primo xc course in the state, I also have additional acres on the plex, I can develop for virgin trails..if I got a big race, I also have access to many more acres for camping and parking if need be.


mudnuri

Quote from: Paul_S on December 21, 2009, 06:52:03 PM

We were talking to them about getting a race at the Motoplex, but it's not going to be this year.  :-\

If everyone keeps putting pressure on them we might get one in 2011. Everyone who races at the plex says it's the primo xc course in the state, I also have additional acres on the plex, I can develop for virgin trails..if I got a big race, I also have access to many more acres for camping and parking if need be.




;D ;D ;D
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

bseckel

go paul; go!!! you da MAN!!!

DALEQUAD

Quote from: Shawn on December 21, 2009, 04:57:58 PM
I will also be there racing the red and blue #23 in the "A" class if no one else has taken my number ;)

I heard that there might be 2 florida races and no georgia  race this year.........anyone else here this??

the second race is in washington, ga at Aonia pass mx,
http://www.gnccracing.com/pages/gncc-event-information/the-maxxis-general

Shawn, you will love that course very fast and a couple mx tracks to hit
[url="//floridaatvriders.com"]FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM[/url]

Shawn

Quote from: DALEQUAD on December 21, 2009, 11:20:26 PM
Quote from: Shawn on December 21, 2009, 04:57:58 PM


Shawn, you will love that course very fast and a couple mx tracks to hit



Actually Dale Id rather not have the track as part of the course. MX kills my elbows and knees for weeks after as apposed to XC im all healed in less than 2 days ;) But i will do what i have to do and pray that it does not rain :D


Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

mudnuri

Shawn, the MX part is so minor and there is only tables and a couple rollers. Some big berms and you are back in the woods. It is well worth the drive. You are right about it not raining. They will race in it and it would suck!!
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

tony pitts


you haven't lived till you have raced in north ga in the rain its a blast....
[url="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png"]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

DALEQUAD

Quote from: tony pitts on December 22, 2009, 08:00:16 AM

you haven't lived till you have raced in north ga in the rain its a blast....

your quad will be orange for weeks, seems like everytime i go it rains, i typically enjoy wet races, but that clay turns to slop, i went from 7th to 23rd on the last lap a few yrs ago after getting stuck, and that is some tough stufff to get unstuck from
[url="//floridaatvriders.com"]FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM[/url]

Shawn

i have had my bout with georgia clay at durhamtown and i hated it but i know its part of gncc racing so i will do what i have to do to race.
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

tony pitts

when you can do 360's without trying its always a blast.
[url="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png"]http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m292/motoxroads/Rally_Signature.png[/url]

duroc825

Quote from: DALEQUAD on December 22, 2009, 04:10:00 PM
Quote from: tony pitts on December 22, 2009, 08:00:16 AM

you haven't lived till you have raced in north ga in the rain its a blast....

your quad will be orange for weeks, seems like everytime i go it rains, i typically enjoy wet races, but that clay turns to slop, i went from 7th to 23rd on the last lap a few yrs ago after getting stuck, and that is some tough stufff to get unstuck from

Dude that happens to ya every race you do! When ya gonna get a new excuse...... er uh reason I mean?
As far as Borich!?! Don't believe everything ya read Gearhead! Things aint that bad. But ya never know do ya????

gearhead400

well they didn't say it's confirmed, so he could have a ride, but at the time of the banquet no one had signed him. Worse case, I'm sure he's got enough $$$ to race at least 1 season without a factory ride though. After all he does have other sponsors and the bikes he raced last year as well.
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

mudnuri

I raced the GA race twice and both times it was raining or wet. I spun out in the first tun like a circus clown in the little cars. Felt like such an idiot, LOL!  :D  Right in front of everybody, including my family who drove to watch  ???
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

Shawn

Quote from: mudnuri on December 24, 2009, 08:43:24 AM
I raced the GA race twice and both times it was raining or wet. I spun out in the first tun like a circus clown in the little cars. Felt like such an idiot, LOL!  :D  Right in front of everybody, including my family who drove to watch  ???


And if you were riding the yamaha you had the same amount of power as the clown car too ;) So you went all the way around before the others made it int the woods...........man your fast 8)
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Will be racing a full 2hrs plus 1 lap or is it just like the SSQSA and FTR where you must finish your last lap inside of the 2hrs? Or 1 1/2 hrs for the FTR? In other words......if i come in at 1hr and 55min and it is taking me 20min per lap, will i do another lap?
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Special Info: This opening GNCC round is held in conjunction with the world famous "Daytona Bike Week" and features a modified event schedule for practice and racing. The practice fee is $20/person.
Gates open at 9 a.m. on Friday for sponsors and vendors, and noon Friday for racers and spectators. The gate fee is $15 for a Friday/Sat/Sun pass, and $15 for a Monday/Tuesday pass.
Saturday Youth ATV Sign Up 10 a.m. - Noon
ATV Sign Up Noon
Youth ATV practice 12:30- 2 p.m.
ATV Practice 2-5 p.m.
Rodeo 7:30 p.m.
Sunday ATV Racing 
Monday Youth Bike Sign Up 10 a.m.-Noon
Bike Sign Up Noon
Youth Bike Practice 12:30-2 p.m.
Bike Practice 2-5 p.m.
Tuesday Bike Racing 



Directions:

Westgate River Ranch

3200 River Ranch Blvd. River Ranch Fl 33867
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Shawn

Quote from: Shawn on December 28, 2009, 07:19:52 AM
Will be racing a full 2hrs plus 1 lap or is it just like the SSQSA and FTR where you must finish your last lap inside of the 2hrs? Or 1 1/2 hrs for the FTR? In other words......if i come in at 1hr and 55min and it is taking me 20min per lap, will i do another lap?


I found the answer in last years results page for the GNCC. If you come through the final check point before the 2hr mark you go out for another lap. Some racers did as much as 2hrs 32 min.
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com