XC Racers please read

Started by Paul_S, November 14, 2009, 09:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_S

I was thinking of adding more classes to the endurance race, but having bikes, quads, bike quad combos is getting ridiculous, soon we will be having a class for people riding 2 blue quads who think it's unfair to race against a team with one blue quad with a red quad (sounds like some of our peewee feature races lololololololololol)  ;D  ;) ;) ;) ;) j/k

OK, so my question is, how fair is it to race the bikes and quads together, ie the a class is just a riders, whatever they ride and so on. Are the quads faster, are the bikes faster...I know everyone here is going to say the bikes have a great advantage, but none of the endurance races I have held (2  :D) would hold that theory out.

If we remove the vehicle and just have the skill level of the racer, I can have many more classes.

Last race, a quad posted the fastest lap time. The first race, quads dominated.

Not trying to rob anyone of a trohpy, but wouldn't you rather win against a larger field...just asking.

Shawn

#1
I dont think that bikes have an advantage so im all for what ever brings more competition. The only thing I think is for the starts all vehicles need to bee the same. Its not safe to have a 400lb quad going into the same corner with a 250lb bike. I say bringem on..............they better get up pretty early in the morning to beat my team 8)

pro am
Open
intermediate
beginner
utility
Thats all you need.
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

TLittle

I gotta agree with Shawn.... the bike may gain on the quads in the straight-aways and whoops, but they loose alot in the corners where the quads will fly right around a tight 180 degree turn.... just classes, no specific bike/quads
2010 Camaro SS
Flowmaster exhaust
Cold air intake
Diablo sport Programmer
BBK Headers
503 HP

New members worst nightmare

400exhonda

SHAWN YOUR RIGHT ON CLASSES SOUNDS LIKE IT WILL BE PERFECT FOR SKILL LEVEL

DALEQUAD

i strongy disagree, a ligitimate A or AA bike guy will def. beat a A-AA quad guy, if i could ever get my nephew to come to the plex, you could see what a fast AA xc bike guy can do, i have tried to get him to race up there but he works for KTM north america and is out of town everytime there is a race
[url="//floridaatvriders.com"]FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM[/url]

Paul_S

Quote from: DALEQUAD on November 15, 2009, 10:08:15 PM
i strongy disagree, a ligitimate A or AA bike guy will def. beat a A-AA quad guy, if i could ever get my nephew to come to the plex, you could see what a fast AA xc bike guy can do, i have tried to get him to race up there but he works for KTM north america and is out of town everytime there is a race

I have decided to have both bike and quad classes.

Look for a posting of the classes by tomorrow.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com