yamaha big bear 400 cooling fan

Started by cheapthrills, November 09, 2009, 09:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheapthrills

Mine is on the blitz, don't know why yet. was difficult to turn by hand at first, lots of crud but now it moves freely. I don't see any fuse or relay for this which is real hard to believe one isn't in line somewhere. Anyone know if ones hiding or does the fan just toast up?



Thanks in advance

OPowersports

I thought the Big Bear was Air Cooled..I have never seen an Air Cooled bike with a cooling fan before..I guess you learn something new everyday.. :-\
750 King Quad, VDI, M109R injector, HMF swamp series, Custom Front Sheave, 2mm shim, lime green spring, 20 gram rollers, 27" swamplites, Fully Snorkeled.

cheapthrills

It has an oil cooler even though the majority of the cooling is done by design, lots of fins and a lack of plastic around the engine.