What A Game!!

Started by digginfool, October 22, 2009, 11:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

digginfool

I don't know how many baseball fans are on here but if you didn't watch the Yankees-Angels game tonight, you missed what baseball is all about.  Fantastic effort by the Yankees and give the Angels credit.  Imagine this; it was the game childhood dreams are made of:  You're the Yankees.  Down by one, bases loaded, two outs, full count, Pennant on the line, make the hit, go to the Series.  Yankees were denied, Angels fight for another chance to win the Pennant and go to the Series.  I love October!!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

mrbones

Yeah, it was one worth watching!
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Da_Mtg_Man

It was a great game, The only part I missed was around 10pm, Halos were up 4 - 0. I come out of the shower and the Yankme's were up 6-4. Never fails, Get up for a few minutes and miss some great hitting.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

mrbones

I missed that part, too. Luckily, was able to hit rewind on the DVR and watch it.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

digginfool

The seventh was a great inning!  The ninth was the real nail biter, though.  I thought for certain the Angel's reliever was going to walk the tie run.  He was really struggling.  Back in the seventh, I thought Lackey was robbed.  That last ball before they pulled him was absolutely a strike.  That's when the Yankee's fireworks began.  I was glad to see the Angel's pull out the win.  Anytime Steinbrenner gets slapped around is alright by me.   ;D  Speaking of overpaid ballplayers... You guys are from the Tampa area.  Did you see the spread they did on the home Jeter is building up there?  OMG!  That is sick money.  
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

mrbones

I heard about it. Very sick.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com