How would you like to see the next endurance race?

Started by Paul_S, October 19, 2009, 09:00:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_S

The date is set for 30th January 2010

Trying to fine tune the format a little and would like some suggestions.

I am torn between how long and how many riders.

I am pretty open to anything, I was leaning towards 2 man teams - 6 hours, eg ride a lap, sit a lap, ride a lap and so on.

Thoughts?

Shawn

I like a 2 man team for 6hrs. This way each rider has time to make repairs, adjustments and fuel just in time to head back out. Plus it should make it easier to get a teammate. And with the shorter time it will allow for those to make the drive up in the morning thus saving $ on a hotel or the effort of camping.

It will be cold
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

TLittle

I think just some minor fine tuning cause it went very well, I only heard compliments on how excellent the course was.... everyone I talked to said it was about the best they've ever ran.... maybe in the newly cleared section section open it up more for some easier passing??? and I did notice that the sections that had 2 lanes nobody used the 2nd lane?? just timing maybe
2010 Camaro SS
Flowmaster exhaust
Cold air intake
Diablo sport Programmer
BBK Headers
503 HP

New members worst nightmare

Paul_S

Quote from: Shawn on October 19, 2009, 11:07:08 AM
It will be cold

Last Jan was mostly in the high 60's and low 70's, but the average daytime high in Madison in Jan is 64 degrees.

Shawn

Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

john450r


Andy9933

[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]WWW.TAMPABAYRIDINDIRTY.COM[/url]

dale-quad

some confusion paulie, your event schedule says jan 30 is the team relay  can you please clearify :ThumbsUp.gif

Shawn

Quote from: dale-quad on October 19, 2009, 10:45:00 PM
some confusion paulie, your event schedule says jan 30 is the team relay  can you please clearify :ThumbsUp.gif


Its another race just like the one we just did but with possible changes if people want to. Like instead of a 4 man 8 hr it can be a 2 man 6hr or a 3 man 6 hr. Paul needs to hear from all of us that raced to let him know what we would like.
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

Paul_S

Shawn is right.

I am trying to get away from the endurance race term. It's not really much endurance to run for 35 mins then rest for 1 hour and 45 mins. Fun but not endurance.

Many people I mentioned the race to, said, I am not fit enough to run an 8 hour endurance (even when we used the term "Team") until we explained they ran a lap, sat for 3.

That is why I am trying to change the terminology to Team Relay Race. It gets a little confusing with the Ultimate ATV Challenge race (being held in April) though, so I would welcome some better name suggestions.

And again, like Shawn said, would you guys prefer 2, 3 or 4 man teams.

I wanted to go with 2 racers per team to both cut the costs for smaller teams ($50 per team) and decrease downtime for sitting racers. Is one lap on, one lap off enough time to get your breath back? 

You would be riding for ~3 hours each, so you still get plenty of seat time, but plenty of rest too.

Please let us know, even if you don't mind either way.

john450r

They both sound great to me paul i will be there eather way

dale-quad

i got ya, yeah, i thought the "relay" was the mx,xc,mud race

Shawn

I like the 2 man team idea until one quad goes down and then the other rider has to finish the race on his or her own or let the other teammate ride his quad. No offense to anyone but i will not be letting someone else race my quad. I learned the hard way of the legalities (sp) of what can happen if the rider gets hurt. Right Anoriginal. So if a quad goes down then it will be a test of endurance for real!
Sponsored by
OUT OF CONTROL POWERSPORTS located in
St. Lucie County
772-429-0206

svtbolt04

I am confused to this whole thing because of the way people are trying to change it up every new race. I know that I will be attending these races because I have always wanted to do a long race. But I dont think you get the full effect of it if you are doing what Paul was explaining.

I would like to see a minimum amount of laps per rider before you pull over to let the next rider go. Not something drastic, but maybe 2 or 3 laps. This gives you time to feel out the course, test yourself and your machines durability.

If people complain about it being too long.. What is the word endurance thrown in there for anyways? 

I understand we are not all paid athletes and don't have the time to work out or build up endurance, but I also don't try to turn sh*t into gold in my free time either.

823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

Chillinthemost

Quote from: Shawn on October 21, 2009, 12:53:22 PM
I like the 2 man team idea until one quad goes down and then the other rider has to finish the race on his or her own or let the other teammate ride his quad. No offense to anyone but i will not be letting someone else race my quad. I learned the hard way of the legalities (sp) of what can happen if the rider gets hurt. Right Anoriginal. So if a quad goes down then it will be a test of endurance for real!
I'd rather push my Yammy than ride your Hondont anyway :M
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Chillinthemost

Quote from: svtbolt04 on October 21, 2009, 02:32:07 PM
I am confused to this whole thing because of the way people are trying to change it up every new race. I know that I will be attending these races because I have always wanted to do a long race. But I dont think you get the full effect of it if you are doing what Paul was explaining.

I would like to see a minimum amount of laps per rider before you pull over to let the next rider go. Not something drastic, but maybe 2 or 3 laps. This gives you time to feel out the course, test yourself and your machines durability.

If people complain about it being too long.. What is the word endurance thrown in there for anyways? 

I understand we are not all paid athletes and don't have the time to work out or build up endurance, but I also don't try to turn sh*t into gold in my free time either.


I think his last race the laps were around 25 miles. You would be lucky to finish 2 laps on a tank. FTR laps are usually 7 or 8 miles.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

bseckel

the last race the laps were not 25 miles. I belive more like 13-15 maybe. With the fastest lap at 30 min and something seconds.

Mik__808

I think Brian is right, i rode my ute through the trail on Sunday morning after the race and came up with 12 to 13 miles, the old xc course was only 5 miles that included the old mx track.

Mik__808

As far as what i would like to see is the 2 man team and run at least 2 to 3 laps before changing riders

Paul_S

We actually ended up cutting out a lot of the course, the next one will be longer.

Even with a lot cut out, we clocked it the night before on Dreths Rhino at 19.8 miles. Come race day it turned out that the average (it changed depending on who was telling you) was ~13 miles.

Just FYI you will be able to run as many laps as you like, if we go 2 man teams, nothing stopping you running 3 laps and changing out.

They had to drag Chris Borich off his bike last Feb, lol. He just kept on doing laps.

DALEQUAD

Quote from: Paul_S on October 21, 2009, 08:56:33 PM
We actually ended up cutting out a lot of the course, the next one will be longer.

Even with a lot cut out, we clocked it the night before on Dreths Rhino at 19.8 miles. Come race day it turned out that the average (it changed depending on who was telling you) was ~13 miles.

Just FYI you will be able to run as many laps as you like, if we go 2 man teams, nothing stopping you running 3 laps and changing out.

They had to drag Chris Borich off his bike last Feb, lol. He just kept on doing laps.


um yeah .....thats why he is the gncc champion.   ;)
[url="//floridaatvriders.com"]FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM[/url]

Paul_S

Quote from: DALEQUAD on October 21, 2009, 09:27:03 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on October 21, 2009, 08:56:33 PM
We actually ended up cutting out a lot of the course, the next one will be longer.

Even with a lot cut out, we clocked it the night before on Dreths Rhino at 19.8 miles. Come race day it turned out that the average (it changed depending on who was telling you) was ~13 miles.

Just FYI you will be able to run as many laps as you like, if we go 2 man teams, nothing stopping you running 3 laps and changing out.

They had to drag Chris Borich off his bike last Feb, lol. He just kept on doing laps.


um yeah .....thats why he is the gncc champion.   ;)

Incorrect sir. He is GNCC champion because I was too busy to race.

DALEQUAD

Quote from: Paul_S on October 21, 2009, 09:30:03 PM
Quote from: DALEQUAD on October 21, 2009, 09:27:03 PM
Quote from: Paul_S on October 21, 2009, 08:56:33 PM
We actually ended up cutting out a lot of the course, the next one will be longer.

Even with a lot cut out, we clocked it the night before on Dreths Rhino at 19.8 miles. Come race day it turned out that the average (it changed depending on who was telling you) was ~13 miles.

Just FYI you will be able to run as many laps as you like, if we go 2 man teams, nothing stopping you running 3 laps and changing out.

They had to drag Chris Borich off his bike last Feb, lol. He just kept on doing laps.


um yeah .....thats why he is the gncc champion.   ;)

Incorrect sir. He is GNCC champion because I was too busy to race.

oh, is that what it was :o
[url="//floridaatvriders.com"]FLORIDAATVRIDERS.COM[/url]

ocalamike.

Hey Paul, I was wondering if you told Borich the only reason he won the gncc is because you were too busy to race? :dunno.gif :G :G
05 trx 450r

Paul_S

Quote from: ocalamike. on October 21, 2009, 11:29:05 PM
Hey Paul, I was wondering if you told Borich the only reason he won the gncc is because you were too busy to race? :dunno.gif :G :G

No sir I have not. But in fairness to me, I haven't seen him since he won.  :-\

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com