Dade Collier Airport

Started by stonny9, October 12, 2009, 07:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stonny9

I went there the other day with a friend cause we were going to the 1 mile race there but his friend told us the wrong date.  I know it is in discussion to make 1,600 acres there a recreational area and there is a sign at the entrance about the meetings.

There were several trailers there where people had parked and went out in their buggie's and maybe 15 more parked in what looked like a storage area.  On google earth you can see the tracks and what looks like a "camp" with two white roofs but the pic is probably a few years old.

What makes them able to ride there?  Do they "know someone"?  Have buggies always been allowed?

I have searched but here and the internet but couldnt find an answer.
Sold
2005 Brute Force 750 IRS w/mud bitches


2006 Sportsman 500 EFI w/mud bitches

EigerGuy

i went out the those races and noticed the small trackers and trucks, I'm wondering what i can do to go ride out there with my Jeep...
02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254[/url]

Anoriginal

You have to have a permitted buggy and a ORV operator's license. In addition, you have to follow VERY strict rules, stay on the designated trails and you can't go over 15mph.
Very soon, no 2-wheel drive bikes will be allowed.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

AintSkeered

NPS has already mailed-out and has already received lottery applications for the 2010 permits, which are limited to 2,000.
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

Anoriginal

I understand the applications were already over 1500 at the beginning of this month. Thank God I am exempt!
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

foreman1

Quote from: Anoriginal on October 22, 2009, 10:49:11 AM
I understand the applications were already over 1500 at the beginning of this month. Thank God I am exempt!
Inholders . :ThumbsUp.gif
NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com