Red Skelton Pledge of Allegiance

Started by IXIswamperIXI, October 09, 2009, 08:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

digginfool

I may be giving my age away but I actually remember that night.  God Bless him.  He truly was an American Icon.  For anybody old enough to remember that show, there were lots of laughs that went along with it and always a recognition of God and Country.  That was truly a different world back then but in many ways, not much different from what we have now.  We had an extremely unpopular war, an unpopular president had just been replaced and the world generally did not trust or respect the United States.  It's funny how history repeats itself, only with different players and it always seems different stakes.  No matter what, some how, our country always pulled itself up and overcame the odds.  Is it possible it will happen again?  Personally, I have my doubts but I haven't given up hope.  God Bless and Good Night.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

IXIswamperIXI

It was before my time, but my grandfather loved him, and we use to sit down and watch reruns of Red.  I found this and I had to show my grandfather.  :) (and yall)
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

AintSkeered

More good stuff! Can you whipper-snappers(under 40) tell me which two states were the last added to our union?
2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

digginfool

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

buythisatvstuff

Quote from: AintSkeered on October 12, 2009, 11:42:53 AM
More good stuff! Can you whipper-snappers(under 40) tell me which two states were the last added to our union?

Surprisingly I remembered one of the two. Alaska and Hawaii. (had to google the other 1)
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

Backwoods Racin

Hey isn't Hawaii the state where anyone can get an AMERICAN birth certificate?  ;)
Backwoods Racin!
'05 YFZ 450
Travis #6
2007 Thunderbowl Intermediate Champion
2007 SFTL Intermediate Champion
Meghan #6
'04 YFZ 450
www.outlawracin.com
Sponsored by:
Ray's Septic Naples,FL

buythisatvstuff

Good post swamper, I enjoyed watching that clip.
"Our government is too big, and it spends too much".......Ronald Reagan

Anything resulting in more government control is unacceptable.

Looking forward to change...........in 2010 and then in 2012 !

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com