going to delancy this saturday

Started by adrian, September 01, 2009, 12:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adrian

Wife and I have not been riding in 3 years due to bones or acl's so it is time to attack the forest
We will be staying in salt springs put could use some other riders  if anyone wants to.  Like I said we have not been to the forest in at least 3 years
KDX200 (mine) , KFX400 (wife's bike)

D33411

Hey, Adrian.  Hubby and I are debating whether to come up to Ocala to ride this weekend.  We will decide tomorrow.  If we do, we are early riders before the one-armed bandits get to tooling around and while it is still cool.  I am talking 8ish.  Might be too early for most though.  I will drop you a line tomorrow and let you know.  Dawn

adrian

No problem , we plan on leaving kissimmee about 6 am , it takes us 2 hours for sure.
We could use the company. What do the 2 of you ride?
KDX200 (mine) , KFX400 (wife's bike)

D33411

I ride a Yamaha Wolverine 450.  Rick rides a Susuki Eiger.  This trip will depend on if there is a check in the mailbox this afternoon for me so keep your fingers crossed.  haha  I will keep you posted.

adrian

ok that would be great.  I ride a bike and the wife rides a sport qaud but we are out of shape and have not been there riding before.
We defintly need the guidence for sure
KDX200 (mine) , KFX400 (wife's bike)

D33411

Hey, sorry to say, but we have decided to skip the forest this weekend.  Unless we change our minds tomorrow.  I am pacing like a caged animal.  I want to ride so much, but I am really broke as hell so we are trying to be adult about it and stay home.  ugh.

D33411

When you head out, make sure you grab a map or 2 off the board.  You can always give one to a lost rider if you have a spare.  It will show you which trails you are allowed to have motorcycles on.  That is also where you pay for and get the tags you are supposed to wear while you ride for your 3 days.  The maps are pretty easy to follow.  Most trails are just big circles. There are also some of "you are here" signs on the trails and the trails are well marked.  If you are trying to get back to the trailhead where you parked, just look for the "TH" on the color trail you parked on.  I also when I go out will write the numbers of the roads that we are crossing in a black sharpie on the back of stop signs at the road crossings so if you are not sure where you are you can check posts and back of signs for hints as to whether you are crossing 88 or 75 or whatever.  The Yellow Trail is like the I95 of the park.  Tons of people on it.  Yellow will always take you back to the Delancy campground.  A big circle.  If you park at the campground, you will have to pay the $10 for 3 days riding, which you will have to pay where ever you park, but you will also have to pay for a day pass for the campground, which I think it is $6. There is an entrance just north of the road to the Delancy entrance on the road between Salt Springs and Palatka.  It brings you in on the purple trails.  It would save you the $6 a day and it isn't much farther north of the main entrance.  It is a windy trail that will bring you to yellow and you can go where ever you want from there.  We prefer to start at the brown trail, which is by Eureka Springs, which is just east of Salt Springs.  There are less people on it and it goes into the red and a little yellow and blue trails and back to brown.  I think if you google Ocala National Park and it will take you to the national park website and then go to the OHV section it should show you the different locations of the entrances and what is where.  Good luck! 

pywacket1955

Thanks for the information D33411. We have alway stayed at the Scrub,
thinking about the Lake end this weekend.
Mine: Camo 2010 Honda Rincon   
Son's: Yellow 2003 Honda, Foreman ES
Husband's:Yellow 2004 Honda, Foreman ES

adrian

Thank you for the help for sure. It for us will uncharted territory.
I printed the trail loop maps
KDX200 (mine) , KFX400 (wife's bike)

D33411

WHATEVER YOU DO...don't ride your atvs on the roads.  Get a ticket for sure.

If you get mixed up, just ask the next person to come along.  Don't be shy.  I help lost riders out there all the time.  The cowboys that head out without a map.   haha  There should be plenty of people out there for Labor Day weekend.  It really is one big circle so just go out and have fun.  Wish we were joining you!  Let me know how you liked it.  I love that place.  Dawn