Scout Ride II

Started by jjamesbar, May 05, 2005, 06:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjamesbar

with the trail system being established as early as october in ocala, i was thinking about doing a ride similar to the scout ride we did last august. it was a long ride with a fuel drop and people carried fuel as well. it would be kinda like a farewell tour so to speak, taking advantage of what legal trails that are still open to us. we rode 165 miles on the first scout ride. sometime in june or july would be good as the days are longer then. as far as the starting point, the best place would be somewhere between rodman and big scrub but the number of riders may influence that. the reason for the centralized starting point is we could loop north, come back to our meeting point & refuel then head south. also, people that wanted out could drop off then.

jeff  
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

CAOSPOP

Sounds really neat james. I checked with elite and its all booked . Id like to go got any ideas on where to stay ?

jbbj220

Sounds good, I would like to make a ride like that, that is if I can last on such a long ride. It would be fun to try. Pick a date and let me know or I will watch for post.
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

Da_Mtg_Man

Depending on the date, I would love to be in on it.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Moose

My son and I also, as long as I don't have to work.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

CA650

I'm in, but need a date because I work weekends.

wilburz

Sounds like fun.

Let me know the date. How about the same weekend as ms&g? Hard to get more than one weekend a month for a camping trip for me.  
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

Qdawg76

Hey Jeff you can count me in. Just need to know the date. Maybe another hurricane ride ;)
05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525

LakeMaryKid

what kinda pace is this ride?
2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft

jjamesbar

we'll throw a few date out there and get a consensus. it will take me a few days before i know mine. what works for ya'll?


jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

big-daddy

james, any day other then the 4 of july weekend
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

MuddyGurl101

Love to go.... Let us know when!
2005 Red Arctic Cat 400
Ram Cup Holder
26x10 Mud Lites

DaKota

I would also like to go! I got all weekends off in june and july. Wilburz I would have to follow you there or something I would get lost.  :-/

GSPKurt



Quoteit would be kinda like a farewell tour so to speak, taking advantage of what legal trails that are still open to us
[/u]

Am I missing something here?
Kurt Hargarten
2005 Suzuki Eiger 4X4 5 speed
Warn Winch

racemanfl

I think he meant because of this    (with the trail system being established as early as october in ocala)   that what it says a beginning of this thread, I myself havnt heard of this
but wouldnt be suprized   Jerry

bigscrub79

Let me know what dates. I would love to go
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

CAOSPOP

QuoteLet me know what dates. I would love to go


 Yeah,teah, James the date is very highly overrated. Who needs to know when we're gonna go anyway.

jjamesbar

QuoteYeah,teah, James the date is very highly overrated. Who needs to know when we're gonna go anyway.

thats funny, i should know by the end of this week what weekend would work best for me. the end of june would be best as july is full of commitments for me.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

Quote


Am I missing something here?

its not a matter of "if" but "when" they will restrict the entire forest except for a designated trail system that is being planned as we speak. several members of this site have been told it could happen in october. boy will that ever be crowded.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

wilburz

is the designated trail system for atv's only? Do the trucks and jeeps etc. have to adhere to a set of trails too?
1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler

sk8r_dude

It is my understanding that all OHV will be restricted to a relatively small trail system in ONF. From what we are being told a couple thousand miles of trails now used will turn into less than a couple hundred miles of trails. Can you say ATV rush hour.

I predict the same thing that happend with boaters will happen with us. Restrictions were placed with overwhelming "No Wake" and "Manatee" zones that made the sport less enjoyable and reduced the number of recreational boaters. That was one of their goals.

Restricting our riding areas will make it less enjoyable and reduce the number of riders. This reduces the Government's problems in manageing us. Think about it.

Sorry to rant on your post Jeff, providing I have no other commitments on the date I will be their.
05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunkĀ 

[url="http://www.beachinlineskates.com/"]http://www.beachinlineskates.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.123skate.com/"]http://www.123skate.com/[/url]
[url="http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/"]http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/[/url]
[url="http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com"]http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com[/url]

CAOSPOP

QuoteIt is my understanding that all OHV will be restricted to a relatively small trail system in ONF. From what we are being told a couple thousand miles of trails now used will turn into less than a couple hundred miles of trails. Can you say ATV rush hour.

I predict the same thing that happend with boaters will happen with us. Restrictions were placed with overwhelming "No Wake" and "Manatee" zones that made the sport less enjoyable and reduced the number of recreational boaters. That was one of their goals.

Restricting our riding areas will make it less enjoyable and reduce the number of riders. This reduces the Government's problems in manageing us. Think about it.

Sorry to rant on your post Jeff, providing I have no other commitments on the date I will be their.


I would love to see a manatee wooble through the woops !!!!

I wont mind the NO WAKE ZONE!!!!
got it Cory...

dreth

depending on the date i would be up for it as well!.

as for your rant sk8terdude, your right but they will never stop me! i will ride in a donut pit till i hit china! if we dont give up then they will have to conform to our needs ;)

DaKota

I shall ride till the day I die. THey aint taking the sport from me. Lets make a date to do this im ready!!  ;D

Bigscrb15

During the rodman ride, the ranger at Rodman said they will be building a facility there with parking, bathrooms, washdown, and it will have 3 or 4 trails leading out of there all marked on different loops, I believe he said they will still be 2way trails and it will be marked through the whole system, he said the entire forest will be like that soon. I just hope they still allow us to ride wherever and add the marked trails for the more inexperienced riders and families. He also said they will maintain trails every week with heavy equipment and get rid of whoops, he said one reason they are gettin upset about the trails is atv riders try to go around whoops and the trails just get wider and wider and tear up more forest floor.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com