Ocala National Forest - A Few Questions

Started by orlandobaseball5050, February 03, 2009, 06:32:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpeedQuest

Quote from: stacktester on June 08, 2009, 06:12:07 AM
I never felt too safe in the campgrounds. I'd wake up at night to hear people doing donuts in front of scrub, shooting guns in the air or just sitting there talking loud not giving a damn. Where the hell were the dumbazz rangers then?

The type of activity you are speaking of is exactly why the Rangers and volunteers tend to treat people with a 'guilt by association' attitude.  It's sort of like if you drive a lowered vehicle with 24" wheels through the ghetto on a Saturday night at 3 AM.  If you get pulled over by a cop, you probably aren't going to be treated the same as somebody driving a Mercedes through a golf-community at 4 PM on a Sunday.

The actions of people in the past have affected the way that you and I will be treated on our ATV's now and in the future.

jjamesbar

the 88 store is on forrest road 88 just south of hwy 316. 316 heads west towards Ft.McCoy from Salt Springs.

if i end up getting treated unfairly or talked down to by the trail police people then i'll be pissed like some of the other people that have posted on this site. more especially if i was riding on an unmarked illegal trail unintentionally. l definitely would complain to somebody whether it did any good or not. until that happens i'll keep an open mind and be respectful to the trail police.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

Quote from: Chillinthemost on June 06, 2009, 08:39:33 PM
Jeff, you can park at my place anytime. Probably wont run into any rangers that way.
  When we went up on spring break a few months ago I took my bike just to go across the street an take a peek. Did about a 20 mile loop and came back and pulled my bike into the trailer and thats the last time I'll ride it there.
I was kinda dissapointed with not running into any of the fun prevention task force, wasn't planning on slowing down for a visit >:D.

thanks, i just might take you up on that matt. BTW how much are the tickets for riding off the trails anyway?  >:D

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

SpeedQuest

I believe they start at $100 and go up from there very rapidly...

The kicker?  It's a Federal Offense since you're in the National Forest.  So if you decide to not pay it...  It can get REAL UGLY.

Busta Nutt

we should meet at Matt's place for a ride, hit up the pig pen after.

jjamesbar

Quote from: Busta Nutt on June 10, 2009, 05:24:05 PM
we should meet at Matt's place for a ride, hit up the pig pen after.

id be up for that. just have to finish up my carb and get some new front tires. oh yea, i need to pic up a sticker.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Chillinthemost

I'll be up there for july 4th and a few days before. Probably not riding though. The kids want to go pick bluberries, go to the springs, eat at the Outback crabshack, and watch the fireworks in Palatka.  I was planning on just bringing the lawnmower but I could bring a bike if someone wants to ride, I might at least bring the Rhino.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

D33411

A friend of mine got a ticket for riding on 88 and I think it was $150.  He tried to explain why he was riding on the road, but she didn't want to hear it.  I hear the female ranger is a real hard ass.  But it was okay to follow her on that road for a few miles back to her ranger station to write the ticket so she didn't have to get out in the pouring rain. 

jjamesbar

#33
Quote from: Chillinthemost on June 10, 2009, 09:06:41 PM
I'll be up there for july 4th and a few days before.
matt if you take the boat to the crab shack from palatka you have to go right past our place on the river. if you end up driving stop by anyway, most likely my grand kids will be down. i'll have the jet ski in, we'll pull the kids on the raft. i bet little matt has got big since i last saw him. we'll hook up either at the river or in the forest.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

Quote from: D33411 on June 11, 2009, 09:50:04 AM
A friend of mine got a ticket for riding on 88 and I think it was $150. But it was okay to follow her on that road for a few miles back to her ranger station to write the ticket so she didn't have to get out in the pouring rain. 

i have a slow 4-wheeler but i have never been caught by those geen trucks. not that i would try to run of course.  ;)

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Busta Nutt

I think I am going to be up there the weekend of the 27th. What's the deal with the fireworks in Palatka? matt you can cruise around on the rhino and toss back a few cold ones can't you?

Chillinthemost

We watched the fireworks in Palatka last year. They are on the waterfront down by the boat ramp. They had a couple of concerts going on and we spent the afternoon there last year.  I can ALWAYS drink beer.
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12

Busta Nutt

I guess there is not 5 million people and you have to walk 5 miles to get there because there is nowhere to park then

D33411

We were heading up to Ocala tomorrow, but just had to cancel the trip.  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.   :'(  I need a clone!
I will say that the work they have done in the campground at Delancy sure looks awesome.  I think they have done a great job!  Much improved from when we first started going there.  Have a great weekend!  Dawn

Ida_Mann

you know there's also another place to stop if you are in the Salt Springs area ;-)

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jjamesbar

Quote from: Ida_Mann on June 17, 2009, 04:03:36 PM
you know there's also another place to stop if you are in the Salt Springs area ;-)



i drove by your place a few months ago ida.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Ida_Mann

Quote from: jjamesbar on June 17, 2009, 08:15:59 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on June 17, 2009, 04:03:36 PM
you know there's also another place to stop if you are in the Salt Springs area ;-)



i drove by your place a few months ago ida.

jeff


I know I know, I need to mow  8)
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jjamesbar

ida,

you need to talk to the trail police and get those trails south of your cabin legal again. some of the best riding in the forest was in those woods. very few whoops. do you ever sneak out once in a while for a night ride?

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Ida_Mann

Quote from: jjamesbar on June 17, 2009, 08:33:10 PM
ida,

you need to talk to the trail police and get those trails south of your cabin legal again. some of the best riding in the forest was in those woods. very few whoops. do you ever sneak out once in a while for a night ride?

jeff

I don't hear anything from the association anymore, nor do I go up there much,,,,both of my quads are illegal in the eyes of the rangers up there and they know me so well it's impossible to claim ignorance anymore.

but to the question of do I sneak through and ride up there,,,,of course not, I would never skirt the law or break any rules  b:r

by the way, it's freaky on those trails now,,,they are all covered by pine needles and leaves so it's sometimes hard to tell where the trail is and where the rest of the forest is.

I've done 95% of my riding at a park in North Florida on feature weekends with my second family,,,,,,it's crazy, the little group rides that we used to do, we now have with tons more people who all care for each other and ride a much smaller area,,,,but it's great.

You seriously would fit in rather well, and it's just a jog over on I-10 to Madison for you.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

jjamesbar



I've done 95% of my riding at a park in North Florida on feature weekends with my second family,,,,,,it's crazy, the little group rides that we used to do, we now have with tons more people who all care for each other and ride a much smaller area,,,,but it's great.

You seriously would fit in rather well, and it's just a jog over on I-10 to Madison for you.

Id@
[/quote]

let me know when your going again. are you talking about the place south of Lee?

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Mars

Quote from: D33411 on June 17, 2009, 02:08:24 PM
We were heading up to Ocala tomorrow, but just had to cancel the trip.  Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.   :'(  I need a clone!
I will say that the work they have done in the campground at Delancy sure looks awesome.  I think they have done a great job!  Much improved from when we first started going there.  Have a great weekend!  Dawn

What's new/improved? Have not been there in a year or so...
04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com