2007 eiger manual trans funky issue when wet

Started by cheapthrills, April 21, 2009, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheapthrills

My sons eiger SOMETIMES seems to have a slipping clutch when wet, 1 minute out of the water then its fine and strangely it very occasional even when getting wet all day. Anyone have any thoughts about why?

crom A zone

is it in all gears?  or just 1 or 2nd?   if its manule that clutch is going bad or check the oil could be cuasing it too
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

cheapthrills

certainly first and reverse, don't know about the rest. Even in 4x4 front and rear barely move when this happens.

crom A zone

check other gears sounds like  clutch is going bad
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

EIGER-MUDDER

my did it befor   it the clutch is going out   there are 2 in the bike.  the 1st one alway.
well thats what the shop told me lol
THE DEEPER I GO THE MORE SHE LIKE'S IT


suzuki eiger
08 grizzly 700  6' lift with 30''shoes

danfl

I have an automatic EIGER. When it gets really wet the belt slips. I have had water go down my vent pipe that is under my seat into the belt area. I would check all those connections to make sure there is no way water can get in. I have to run it if it gets wet and if it is bad I have to let is dry out a little. It could be that or the belt getting old and jumping teeth when wet. Sorry I know nothing about clutches. I would think if it works when dry then it would not be the clutch. Not sure. How many mile or hours on it? Hope this helps. Just me experience with mine.