Rhino Performance

Started by digginfool, April 21, 2009, 03:07:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digginfool

Now that I've put a few hundred miles on the Rhino, I can say that it definitely needs more power.  I'm not looking to race it but stock just isn't working.  I know I'm going to need an after-market ignition/fuel box since the 41 mph speed limit is ridiculous.  You can feel the power going flat around 36-38 mph and then it starts bouncing off the rev limiter.  I also know they work best when matched with an intake and exhaust.  I definitely don't want something much louder than stock and it must be NFS approved.  Any suggestions?  Also, anybody have experience with changing the shocks?  The stock units aren't exactly up to the task.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Chillinthemost

Take the time to look at this site. It has a lot of good info. Read the tech articles.  This guy has done a lot of testing and some common mods dont give the claimed results.
http://www.hunterworks.com/yamaha_rhino__accessories
YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12