Alone at Croom

Started by NYRAPTOR, March 13, 2009, 05:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYRAPTOR

once i went to croom and it started raining. of course nobody showed so i figured i would ride anyway. 20 minutes into my trail ride and i'm lost as usual. i finally find the fence and start following it back towards the front pit. i'm really enjoying my ride through the woods when all of a sudden WHACK! a friggin spider the size of a baseball glove hits me square in the chest!!!!! coming from new york this was a first for me. this thing was staring me down with all eight of it's kooky eye balls! so what do i do? i try to hit it off my chest and let go of the handle bars and WHAMMO! i crash into the fence! i don't see the spider so i go to re-start my quad and EEEEGGAADDSS! the spider is on my hand!!!! at this point i'm off the quad and running around like a maniac smashing my hand on anything i could find. the spider finally goes sailing off my hand and i took a slow ride back to my truck! it was actually pretty funny when i thought about it later on. Thank you and good night.

Keeter

WOW!!   That poor fence..did you fix it when you were done hyperventilating? 
Very funny story. Thanks for sharing Raptor.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

sykolincoln

I got a good spider story.

while flying through the river trails at the sandpits, I saw a GINORMOUS nana spider.. no biggie I duck and keep flying along... well only a short way down the trail.... I thought a stick was stuck on my visor... as I went to go move it....... I realiezed I didnt duck quite low enough... HOLY S*#T!!!  this mf'er was huge and crawling under my visor, and look liked he was saying "IM GUNNA BITE YOUR EYBALLS OUT BOY"  I jumped off my quad (in motion) managed to get my helmet undone and did my best Bret Varve inpersonation and chunked my helmet through the woods!! lmfao!  the quad almost went into the river thankfully a tree stoped it. I went and picked up my helmet scored it for any signs of the demon and rode back to my truck slowely and with my eyes buggin out looking for any more suprises. :o
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

MadMudder

LOL i hate those bastards. Thats why my dad always goes first.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

NYRAPTOR

#4
Good stuff! i found a similar spider by the anclote river behind my house and took a few pics. this was the creature.

sykolincoln

Quote from: NYRAPTOR on March 13, 2009, 09:22:03 PM
Good stuff! i found a similar spider by the anclote river behind my house and took a few pics. this was the creature.

yea just like that, but the one that got on my could take down mothera!  :o
3 wheelers are like parapalegic girls....you know you want to ride it!

www.3wheelerworldforums.com

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/SOUTHGACUSTOMS

NYRAPTOR


m0n0x1d3

Lcross has a trail that goes up an old rockpile.Well its grown over with trees and i kept ducking and ducking the spiders but each web got lower and the spiders got bigger.
Fianly i took 1 in the googles and needless to say I bailed off the bike and threw my
helmet down the trail.My buds all thought it was funny so i let them laugh and talk sh*t,
few minutes later i covered them in cowshit and had the last laugh >:D

shawnley1222

07 Rhino With Lots Of Goodies!

FL SxS Riders
[url="http://flsxsriders.forumotion.com/"]http://flsxsriders.forumotion.com/[/url]

miassmaro98

but are these big spyders venumous?
2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

ilovehondas

they are nicknamed "banana spiders" but they are not the poisonous banana spider that everyone thinks. The REAL big ones are the females... but their bite is no worse than a bee sting. When I first started riding @ croom I discovered them and then I did my research. I took one to the goggles once also...my neck hurt for a week from jerking my helmet off so quick! lol!
Blue, Yellow, Green, or Red...as long as its a Honda.

MedicMudder

SPIDERS SUCK !!!!!!! I wud Rather run up a snake!!
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

miassmaro98

2006 wolverine 450 4x4
25 maxxis mudbugs
2k lb winch

----OFF ROAD DIESEL (RED)FOR SALE 3.50 A GALLON----

FoxHondaRider

yeah those bannana or silk spiders always get me on the trails usually taking the trails that havent been ridden on in quite some time.  Had one hit me in the face I ripped off my helmet and threw it and started running around slapping my face and head if it was on me.  Freaked me out but I know they dont hurt anything, I just hate spiders I dont care how big or small they are i'm just not a fan.  Oh the times I wish i had a video camera someone recording me for everything.  The crashes and moments like that I could make one hilarious video.  I flipped my 2 week old quad doing something stupid, tried to jump up a cliff with it litterally a rock wall straight up and not so smooth.  Dumb idea there had to be a reason why nobody would hit it and gave me the your crazy look when i'm lining up for it.  Worked out 4 times...  Then I had to go to the bathroom as soon as I suited up and got on the quad 1st thing in the morning.  So I figured I would just boost across the pit and go piss in the woods over there.  Its always a bad idea to fly into whoops without having crossed them before.  Turns out there was a small berm made by dirtbikes ride near the end.  Right before it was a big arse whoop so the front dipped right into this berm and end over end front flipped.  I only remember holding on for my dear life and thinking oh sh*t theres not way i'm making it through this one and then laying on the ground opening my eyes seeing my quad come back down from a flip.  Not even a minute into riding and i'm laying on the ground.  Ruined the day pretty much I layed on the trailer for a couple hours because my back hurt a rediculous amount.  Then I decided I cant let this ruin my day so I attempted to ride to the back of Croom, ended up taking the road back it hurt even going down the road. 
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

06RAPPY

Took one to the goggles at croom a couple of months ago. Scared the $h!t out of me.
2008 crf50f
2008 Yz450f
2006 Trx450r

NYRAPTOR


gearhead400

Same thing happened to me at croom raptor! Ran into the web, big ass spider was on me, totally let go of the handle bars, slammed into a tree, though it was gone and got off my quad, then it was on the back of my hand!! once I got it off I looked around and there were three trees around me, all with giant webs surrounding me FULL of these damn things! Meanwhile, atvtrailer was on the trail laughing his ass off at me. He led the trip the rest of the day  ;)

They are actually called Orb Spiders, heres a link. http://www.omba.org/images/stories/2003/Spiders/spiders.htm

I don't care about snakes, bears, none of it. But SPIDERS....I cant stand!!
Bury your fear, and hold fast to life!!

Mansfield
   #14
       Feeling generous?
Support/Sponsor me =] via paypal
  [email]gearhead400ex@hotmail.com[/email]

NYRAPTOR

thats classic! i never lead the way anymore ;)

hatchdemon89

Thought this was funny allmost has a similar story I to am also from NY new to this area theres some freaky sh*t in the woods
09 trx450r
06 ltr450
03 ltz400---sold

BamaGirl

I NEVER GO FIRST for this VERY reason!! I have enjoyed everyone's stories though. LOL!!
2006 700 Arctic Cat
Radiator up'd
Custom BSk Snorkel
HMF Exhaust
28" Laws

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com