Contacting origional owner of ATV...

Started by trey82, March 04, 2009, 12:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trey82

I recently purchased an ATV with no title from the 2nd owner. I think he bought the bike with a title but then lost it and never had it registered so he couldn't apply for a lost title. For the price I got the bike for it wasn't really worth it to the 2nd owner to make an effort to try and aquire the title for it. I didn't really care because I was able to verify it was not stolen or had any leins against it. Its just shy younger than 2001 so I cant walk into the tax collectors office with a bill of sale and get a title. If I ever wanted to sell the bike a title would be nice to have. I think I need to contact the origional owner (last registered owner) and see if I can get him to apply for a lost title and then sign it over to me. How would I go about doing that? Or any ideas on how else to go about this? I know for a fact it is not stolen or has any leins against it, there should be a way. Thanks
Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six

trey82

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six

trx#9

Just tell the DMV you lost the title and would like a new one issued and show them your bill of sale.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

trey82

I dont think that will work if its never been registered in my name.

I really just need to find out how to contact the last registered owner.
Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six

craigdieselmac

Let me know if you figure that out because I have a dirt bike that is titled in FL but got sold to someone in AL. That guy sold it to someone in Georgia, and I got hold of it from its second GA owner making me the third. I ran the VIN and it is not stolen, and it does have a FL title, I just don't have it. In Georgia it makes no difference but it is a pain being so close to FL and trying to sell something.
87 Big Bear.. yeah.. its 20 but it rocks
00 King Quad 4x4
06 Kazuma 110
07 Kazuma 90

trey82

Yeah my bike was originally purchased in Georgia.
Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com