ATV Safety Institute

Started by CAOSPOP, May 04, 2005, 10:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CAOSPOP

I signed up for an ATV safety course in the CROOM ATV AREA I was wondering if anyone would like to give me feed back as to any expeirences that they may have had with a safety course. It was free and i get to get out of Miami for a while anyway, at least two to three days. YIPEEE. All comments are welcome.

Honda328i

Took this class a long time ago.  If you have been riding a long time, you will be bored going in circles on a small track, but the instructor was excellent.  The best part is that you can usually get your money rebated if you have recently purchased a new ATV, and you get to meet new people.  Be sure to tell them about ATVFlorida.  --H
[url="http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg"]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y162/Chuck_Norris/WANNARIDE.jpg[/url]

Bigscrb15

I have gotten 3 prerecorded calls to my cellphone saying to signup and it is free for purchasing my new atv's. I decided not to do it, but I also read somewhere that suzuki will give you $100 if you take it, anyone know about that?
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

apkkfx400

Suzuki, Kawasaki and Yahama-possibly a few others will give you a $100 rebate.  However, I took it a couple months ago, the one I went to was in Apopka but have not seen the check-so if you're planning on the money shortly after you take the course-don't.  
It was a decent course, went over the basics like stopping,
weight distribution.  I would say if they are offering you $100 its worth the time-and heck you may even learn something.  There is a short trail run after the course and that was cool.
While I was in the course I did mention the website to the others who were unaware-I believe I've seen a few of the people who took the course on the site!!

CAOSPOP


PBSO_ATV_Deputy_4

CAOSPOP, Check out the below links. Not sure if Metro-Dade has an ATV Unit that could benefit from the training.  

  
http://www.snowmobilesafety.com/apoc.htm
 
http://www.snowmobilesafety.com/schedule.htm
 

CAOSPOP

Thanks PBSO sounds cool its a lil expensive but def. worth it.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com