Auburndale Pictures

Started by stgsali, January 22, 2009, 09:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stgsali

Here are a couple of pics from the race in Auburndale this past weekend. For those that didn't make it, it was a good time. I don't have the numbers, I'm sure Shawn does, but I do know that Vintage was the largest class with 13 riders in it! We had 2 rows on the start! Plus they combined the finishes from both heat races to determine starting position for the main. It was a gas to say the least. Expert had 8 entries, maybe more.
Shawn, do you have numbers for total turn out and broken down by class?
Here you go for the moment. I'll put more up later.
Richard.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

stgsali

Auburndale Raceway was the site for the Polk County fair. There are a couple of shots from the ferris wheel that look ok. The rest are some sweet racing shots and some of just individuals. Enjoy, Richard.




















Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

stgsali

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

stgsali

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

stgsali

Hey Nate, you missed out! And it was in your backyard!
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

supervcycle

 :( i know both me and chuck were on the short end of deposible income. looks like it was a great race. should be at the thunderbowl. we've tightened the rubberbands a little bit. see ya there

nate#38
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

WJDTRI

13 total Nate......with you and Chuck would have made 15. Did you see the Vintage starting grid. Awesome, Maybe good thing you didn t show.......I might not have qualified.

VINTAGE RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8)
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

supervcycle

 ;) ya saw a lot of bikes i've never seen before! hope these guys start racing all the time , you know the more the merryier!  you know a starting grid like that seems very intimidating going into turn one!

nate#38
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

stgsali

Trust me Nate, there were some tip-toeing into it. It was a hoot though. I don't think Ward, and I know I didn't, take a ride through the grass.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

WJDTRI

no grass mow'n. Racing was close...I have tire marks all over the left side of rear seat..........thats close. I did end up laying it down coming to the finish line........lost a cylinder when a plug came loose, pulled  into the infield and lost it in some slick sh!t. Ended up 4th....... As usual.....chasing Asycue. 
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com