ATV Dyno in Central Florida

Started by XFactor, January 05, 2009, 07:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XFactor

My neighbor is one of the VP's for a performance company in the Sanford, Florida area. We spoke and he told me he has access to an ATV dyno. The catch is it is in Utah now. He told me that if there is enough interest to warrant shipping costs and the initial set up they would be more than happy to bring it down. The fees for its usage will be reasonable and all of that will be worked out by he and I.

I know there is not a dyno for ATV's anywhere in this area so I thought I would post and see what kind of interest is generated. Please post and let me know if you would be interested. If there is enough interest we can have this thing down here, up and running very soon!



X

Team BuckedUp Mud Racing #86

assbandit


XFactor

That was my point exactly......the closest one is 79 miles from where this will be. I personally dont want to drive to PSL or the Ocala or Tampa area.


X
Team BuckedUp Mud Racing #86

Turboderf

Why do you need to dyno your atv just go race it

XFactor

Quote from: Turboderf on January 07, 2009, 03:49:06 AM
Why do you need to dyno your atv just go race it

I use it to properly tune the carbs and the clutch. I want the most power on the grund at a certain time. Tuning a clutch is a big deal in mud racing.

X
Team BuckedUp Mud Racing #86

bigbirdh

I agree with xfactor i would damn sure use it if it was close bring it on

hellrazr

an atv properly tuned on a dyno came gain 2-3 more horsepower, have a better powerband, and more snap to the throttle.  Then you go race it ;)

XFactor

Quote from: hellrazr on January 08, 2009, 11:58:19 PM
an atv properly tuned on a dyno came gain 2-3 more horsepower, have a better powerband, and more snap to the throttle.  Then you go race it ;)

Thank you well said! 8) I'm not making any money on this deal. It is not my machine. However I would like to see one in our area where it doesn't cost the same amount in fuel to get there as the dyno fees. If no one has interest this will go away and I will forget about it. I am just trying to see if I can help some people out. ;)

X
Team BuckedUp Mud Racing #86

backinsaddle

question for you guys.  how do you tune the carbs and clutches separately on a dyno?  do you have a separate crank and wheel dyno?  or some kind of exhaust air/fuel or temp meter?

XFactor

A lot of people use the LM1 with bungs welded to the exhaust to the readings. You get your air/fuel ratio there. you also watch the dyno graph and see where the hp and torque start to drop off at a certain speed. From there you can tune the clutch with different springs and weights for optimal hp through out the power band avoiding the shift out. I hope I explained it well enough. There is a lot that goes into tuning a bike.

X
Team BuckedUp Mud Racing #86