Recipe Round-up

Started by kawGIRL, April 06, 2005, 08:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudluvn14

Anyone have any good chili recipes?  Mmmmm..that would have been good to have out at MSG when it was cold out!  

qt314nfla

I grew up in Texas w/ my family entering chili cookoffs.  I'd love to offer a recipe.  Unfortunately, the first rule of serious chili makers is: I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you.  LOL ;D.  Serously I'd love to share but then my dad would shoot me for sharing his secret recipe.

Chuck_Norris

#27
QuoteDoes anyone know of any good spicy boiled peanut recipies? I have been searching the internet, but all I seem to find are plain old boiled peanuts :(
I make a great batch of boild peanuts. for any recipes check here:http://foodtv.com/
I take a large freezer bag(ziplock) between 2-3 pounds of peanuts,washed , when still wet throw in 1cup of salt(kosher). 1cp of Joes seasons spices and a container  of red pepper flakes. shake vigoruosly util all spices are blended and and then allow 24 hours to marinade. I have a huge turkey Fryer (5gallon) I boil mine in so adjust the sale content accoringly. Keep in mine that you are putting them into water and it weaken the taste, I will have to bring some on the next ride   boil for 1-3 hours

kawGIRL

#28
OK I got a GREAT one... ;D I make this all the time, it's AWESOME  ;D

Corned Beef you can eat all year

1 Corned Beef Brisket
1 box of Light Brown Sugar
10? Baby Red Potatos
10? Baby Carrots

Use a crock pot and place corned beef (fat side up, or I remove the fat ;)) in the bottom with about 1/4 inch of water.

Cover the entire piece of meat with the box of brown sugar

Add the potatos and carrots on top

Cover and cook on high for about 30-60 minutes and then turn to low and cook all day  ;D

If using a oven cover with foil and cook at 250-300 degrees and cook 2-4 hours? Keep and eye on it  ;)

Enjoy!
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

enniehall

Santa Fe muffin

1 english muffin
2 slices of any kind of cheese you like (provalone or mozzarela is best)
1 can of chicken (in same asile as canned tuna, trust me it good)
1 avocado
2 tomato slices

Cut the muffin in half and put it in the toaster until crispy, cut the avocado and spread on the muffin, put a slice of tomato on each muffin, put the chicken on next and then add the cheese.  Put under a broiler, until cheese is melted and enjoy.  WARNING cheese is very hot when straight from oven, let cool unless you want to burn the top of your mouth and all your tasebuds off.

Takes like ten minutes to make.
Mud-It's like whiskey to a drunk or poker to a gambler.

MrsPureLogic

Suzi I don't want to post your recipe......but it IS the holidays....RUM BALLS...POST IT...POST IT.....POST IT!!  LOL 

:Y :Y :bow.gif

qt314nfla

Heck I'm just looking forward to trying them for New Years.  Thanks Suzi for sharing them at least once.  They are getting legendary on the site.

kawGIRL

OK you twisted my arm  ;)

Rum Balls:

2 boxes Vanilla Wafers crushed into flour (Very Fine!)  :( This is the hardest part
2 cups of Cocoa (baking kind)
4 cups of Powdered Sugar
8 tbls of Corn Syrup
pinch of salt
1 cup Dark Rum
1 cup Canadian Whiskey
(I use 2 cups of Mount Gay Rum instead...it's smoother ;D )
Optional add 1 cup of pecans ground in a coffee grounder.

Mix all dry ingredients first then add syrup and rum
let rest till it thickens a bit, then roll into balls into more powdered sugar.

Warning! it takes awhile to roll all these balls and you have to taste them as you go to make sure their OK ;)
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com