Mortgage Rates

Started by Da_Mtg_Man, December 17, 2008, 11:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Da_Mtg_Man

The 30 yr fixed rate opened today at 4.875%. If you are anywhere in the 6's or higher then it may be in your best interest to contact me NOW.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

superstar

#1
was told that it could drop to around 4.5 by early next week.   :o :o :o. My question is,,, how long will they keep it there.

Da_Mtg_Man

I don't see it staying this low for to long and it can't go much lower or else the fed would be giving money away at a loss. My professional opinion is that it won't go below 4 1/2. Then again, I knew the housing market would drop drastically but never thought it would get this bad.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

550superquad

what is the average % for a loan orig fee ??
mortage broker fee ??
processing fee ??


for a $ 170,000 re-finance ???

i'm confused as hell  :dunno.gif
1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

Turboderf

Whoo Hoo   drop baby drop    <nanaparty>

gery350

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on December 17, 2008, 12:07:00 PM
or else the fed would be giving money away at a loss.

yeah they dont have a problem doing that. just look at all the bailouts and govt programs.
i may just be a candidate for a refi.
waiting for them to "give money away at a loss" to me. ;D
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

cheropride

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on December 17, 2008, 11:17:14 AM
The 30 yr fixed rate opened today at 4.875%. If you are anywhere in the 6's or higher then it may be in your best interest to contact me NOW.

All I can say, is damn!!! Never heard of...  I really didn't think the rates would fall, hoping they would, but wow that has to be a record low, has to be....
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: cheropride on December 17, 2008, 04:13:48 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on December 17, 2008, 11:17:14 AM
The 30 yr fixed rate opened today at 4.875%. If you are anywhere in the 6's or higher then it may be in your best interest to contact me NOW.

All I can say, is damn!!! Never heard of...  I really didn't think the rates would fall, hoping they would, but wow that has to be a record low, has to be....

During the refi boom in 03 they got down to 4.875 but the 10 yr yield never got as low as it is today.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Da_Mtg_Man

Either you bought the rate down or it's an adjustable and you would have got that mortgage sometime in 2003.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

TRX450R_Racer

Mine fixed and I got it in the mid 90s.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

trx#9

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on December 17, 2008, 09:25:44 PM
Mine fixed and I got it in the mid 90s.

Check your papers, There's never been a fixed rate in the 3's. I'm curious to know what you've got. Call, or PM me
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on December 18, 2008, 05:40:20 AM
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on December 17, 2008, 09:25:44 PM
Mine fixed and I got it in the mid 90s.

Check your papers, There's never been a fixed rate in the 3's. I'm curious to know what you've got. Call, or PM me

K
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

550superquad

Quote from: 550superquad on December 17, 2008, 12:16:05 PM
what is the average % for a loan orig fee ??
mortage broker fee ??
processing fee ??


for a $ 170,000 re-finance ???

i'm confused as hell  :dunno.gif
nobody can help  :o
1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

Bleedsblue

Quote from: 550superquad on December 17, 2008, 12:16:05 PM
what is the average % for a loan orig fee ??
mortage broker fee ??
processing fee ??


for a $ 170,000 re-finance ???

i'm confused as hell  :dunno.gif

I'd be curious to see this as well. Over the past few months I've tried and was looking at $10k in closing costs due to lenders advertising lower rates that included paying down points.

Bill
2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs

550superquad

yea i was hoping damtgman would chime in  ;D
1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: 550superquad on December 19, 2008, 01:15:09 PM
Quote from: 550superquad on December 17, 2008, 12:16:05 PM
what is the average % for a loan orig fee ??
mortage broker fee ??
processing fee ??


for a $ 170,000 re-finance ???

i'm confused as hell  :dunno.gif
nobody can help  :o

Somethings going on here. I replied to this just minutes after you posted it and it's not there. In a nutshell what i said is that alot of loans can be done with no origination or broker fee. Most lenders have a processing fee of around $395, I've seen them as high as $750 but thats not common. I'll PM you my number and we can talk about it in detail.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: Bleedsblue on December 19, 2008, 01:46:32 PM
Quote from: 550superquad on December 17, 2008, 12:16:05 PM
what is the average % for a loan orig fee ??
mortage broker fee ??
processing fee ??


for a $ 170,000 re-finance ???

i'm confused as hell  :dunno.gif


I'd be curious to see this as well. Over the past few months I've tried and was looking at $10k in closing costs due to lenders advertising lower rates that included paying down points.

Bill

The rate I mentioned is the rate that is posted every morning on the local news. Now, closing costs will fluctuate depending on the loan amount. 10k is outrageous unless you have a 500k + loan amount. Shoot me your number and we'll figure it out.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

garym

hope your business is picking up...I have heard things are clicking agin!!

BeReasonable

I have heard that even people with great credit are having trouble getting mortgages. Is this true?

Da_Mtg_Man

guidelines have definitely tighten up but there are still loans up to 97% ltv (FHA)  and 95% (Fannie Mae) on a primary residence.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com