Polaris Outlaw questions/help?

Started by bigAl300ex, December 16, 2008, 03:45:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigAl300ex

I'm thinking about purchasing a 2006 Polaris Outlaw (independent rear suspension) quad from a co-worker.  Does anyone in this forum own one or knows someone personally that does?  I have heard good things about the IRS system from some other people that have rode or own one.  Any advice or opinions (good or bad) would be greatly appreciated.  Is it worth my money even at a cheap price?  Help me out guys! 

yfz122

I have ownwd one for almost two years. I love it. If it is not KTM powered I would stay away.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

bigAl300ex

Why, what is wrong with the regular Outlaw 500?  Is something wrong with that type of motor or transmission?  Not enough torque?  Please, let me know.

Bigscrb15

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

bigAl300ex


yfz122

Quote from: bigAl300ex on December 16, 2008, 07:47:14 PM
Why, what is wrong with the regular Outlaw 500?  Is something wrong with that type of motor or transmission?  Not enough torque?  Please, let me know.
I am not a real big polaris fan. Just my biased opinion.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

Jacob Fort

nothing wrong with polaris motors they run strong. just alot of closed minded people out there.

have fun

bigAl300ex

Thanks for the info.  I am trying to be open-minded about this.  I never been a Polaris fan, but I know some people who have own them and they never had any problems (even the 4x4s).  I've always owned Hondas because of reliability.  The Outlaw I saw is very clean and I do like that IRS set-up with a sport bike. 

klutchbuster400

I don't like the polaris. Every one I've known has had problems that other brands dont.

bigAl300ex

What are the specific problems these Polaris owners had that other quads don't?

Da_Mtg_Man

They've had problems with the doofilator valves going bad, I've also heard that the flux capacitor is under powered.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

yfz122

Quote from: Jacob Fort on December 16, 2008, 11:23:21 PM
nothing wrong with polaris motors they run strong. just alot of closed minded people out there.

have fun
Not closed minded. Just experienced!!!


Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

Scramdaddy

I say buy it, I love my Polaris. But by all means, never buy a KLR 650.
2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  [url="//gen3usa.com"]Gen3usa.com[/url]

PREDOCROSS

The Fuji motor in the Outlaw 500 is manufactured in Japan. It is a very reliable motor. It responds well to simple mods, but has a poorly designed air intake. Go to www.predatorowners.com to find out everything you would ever want to know about it. Sounds like a good price to me.

yfz122

For that price I might even change my mind.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

bigAl300ex

Just wondering if the Outlaw 525 has a lot more bottom end than the Outlaw 500?

yfz122

Quote from: bigAl300ex on December 18, 2008, 10:59:38 PM
Just wondering if the Outlaw 525 has a lot more bottom end than the Outlaw 500?
More power on bottom, mid, and top. The 525 also has a lighter chassis.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com