WHAT HAPPENED TO QUADS ONLY!

Started by quads_only, December 04, 2008, 07:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quads_only

He guys and gals!    Ive been gettin e-mails asking what happened to me. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm doing O.k. but I'm in a wheelchair for a little while.

I was practicing for a show that was coming up and I made a pretty substantial mistake. We had set up to our portable landing wwith a new ramp. It is a different design than the old quads only ramp. It throws you twice as high and further at the same distance.    example ( both ramps at 60 ft. gap the new one youll be 30 ft. up and go 75ft distance, at the same speed on the old one itll throw you half the height and youll land at 65 ft. distance)

Well, first practice in I hit the ramp and as soon as I left the end I new I was in trouble. I was so high and I was going long.  Do I bail or just flat land?  god help me,  well I chose to stay on. I hate bailing. When I hit I couldnt feel my feet, and I slammed so hard my face hit the bar pad and dang near ripped my lip off.

12 stitches to hold my lower lip together, two shattered heels, left ankle damage.  Left foot took 10 screws and a plate   Right foot took 5 screws and a plate. 


thanks for everybodys prayers.

heres a couple of pics.  not for the weak stomach.  I was pretty medicated in this pic


LEFT FOOT

couple of swelled up sausages

dang pegs

Right foot

left foot
[url="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg"]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg[/url]

SlowJoeRacing

dang man thats y i stay on the gound as much as possible
~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~
JOSEPH#992 - HONDA 450R - RACER
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R - MACHANIC/PIT CREW

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS

TRX450R_Racer

Heal up fast!! No offense but you don't look like no spring chicken. ;) Maybe it's time to train younger people.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

quads_only

no offense taken, Im a winter turkey.  LOL     I love doing what I do. (PASSION)


[url="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg"]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg[/url]

Busta Nutt

guess you won't be on dancing with the stars any time soon.  trim them dam toenails!

trx#9

Good luck recovering.  By the way, how did the quad fair?
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

SlowJoeRacing

did u tell the doc u fell off the lader putting up christmas lights
~~~SLOW-JOE-RACING~~~
JOSEPH#992 - HONDA 450R - RACER
FRED#192 - HONDA 450R - MACHANIC/PIT CREW

THANKS: MY DAD WITH ALL-TECH - SCOTT USA - GT~THUNDER - Cycle Gear - KLOTZ SYNTHETIC LUBRICANTS

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: fsterthanmydad92 on December 04, 2008, 09:28:08 PM
did u tell the doc u fell off the lader putting up christmas lights

Nice one Joe!!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

quads_only

actually I told them I fell off my roof.
[url="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg"]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg[/url]

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: quads_only on December 04, 2008, 10:30:22 PM
actually I told them I fell off my roof.

When I seperated my shoulder 3 months ago I told the doctor I fell off a ladder while on the roof also.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

quads_only

#10
Didnt want to be another statistic.

Ohh and the quad faired great my face and ankles softened the blow.  seriously not a scratch on it. I never crashed just hit very very hard.

got short on money for the bills and I sold it two days ago.   Hopefully I can pick up the new yfz450r not to long after I recover. probably 6 mths or a little less from what Ive been told.
[url="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg"]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/quadsonly/l_6c3989854e8bf52cc1bed12446b3ad5dW.jpg[/url]

B. Graves

that sucks man. hope you heal up fast.

Da_Mtg_Man

Wow Fred, That sucks. I hope you heal quickly
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

neysnumber

sorry to hear what happened.  hope you have a speedy recovery.

Zecura

Not to try and sensationalize your injury but, was there video of the jump? It may be invaluable in adjusting things so you can nail it next time.

Hope you get up and about soon.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com