300 EX Wont Start?!

Started by chadlogan112, November 10, 2008, 02:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadlogan112

So I took my 00' 300ex to a buddies track for the first time and hit a few jumps. Then I went down a long dirt road close to WOT and finally hit a small trail. While going down the trail the bike was trying to back fire or sounded as if I was hitting a rev limiter. And finally I shut it off when talking to a friend and it just wont start. When I hit the button I get no power to anything. If I take a scewdriver and cross connections at the selinoid the starter will turn it but it appears I have to spark when I test it. Anyone have a clue? Also, I've tried to push start it, and it just wont fire. Battery is charged, fuse good, getting gas, etc. Thanks!

kawasakimojaverider


TRX450R_Racer

You need there things to make it run, spark, fuel and compression. I would start by checking the compression.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

chadlogan112

Ha, I'm not new to mechanics. Im not getting power period like I should, I can't properly turn over the starter. It has gas an compression. No handlebar controls will work, and no spark when turned over manually.

scrimmy

then i would say its your solenoid

kawasakimojaverider

#5
Quote from: chadlogan112 on November 10, 2008, 06:47:28 PM
Ha, I'm not new to mechanics. Im not getting power period like I should, I can't properly turn over the starter. It has gas an compression. No handlebar controls will work, and no spark when turned over manually.
were just trying to help you out

svtbolt04

No need to call him anything.

Obviously your problem is something electrical. You could have popped, sliced or crimped a ground wire. Break out the shop manual and find the electrical schematics and start tracing.
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.