Foreman hub/spindle removal help.

Started by Fox17, October 22, 2008, 07:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox17

Ok, we got this Foreman and Im replacing the right front wheel bearing. As far as I can tell, I need to take the whole spindle off to push the old one out and push the new one in. If not, please tell me how to do this so I dont have to worry about my problem.

Anyway, if I do have to remove the spindle, how the heck do I get the 2 bolts out of the a-arms. I removed the nuts from the bottom of the bolts and I took some snap rings off the top of the ball joint (dont see how they affect anything but I did just in case) but they wont come out. I tried beating the bolt up from the bottom and nothing doing. Is there something that I just missed and am not seeing? I disconnected the shock, tie rod, Ive removed all the brake stuff, and I cant see anything Im missing. I know someone on here has got to have done this before so let me in on the secret please.

TRX450R_Racer

Did you go to www.mrcycles.com or some other website and look at the microfiche?
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Fox17

Thanks very much. I didnt even think of that. I usually do look at that. I see how it works now. Thanks again. It comes out the opposite way I thought.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Fox17 on October 22, 2008, 07:37:02 PM
Thanks very much. I didnt even think of that. I usually do look at that. I see how it works now. Thanks again. It comes out the opposite way I thought.

You're welcome.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.