How 'Bout Those Rays?!?!

Started by digginfool, July 02, 2008, 02:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

digginfool

Just finished watching the Rays kick Boston's butt again.  They are hot!  Any bets on who's going to the Series for the AL?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

asmart82

I hope they don't do anything.  It's gonna drive me crazy to see Rays "fans" if they do.

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

I am happy for them. They are a "for real" team. A complete team effort. I have been a Rays fan since the beginning. So I'm pulling for them!
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

digginfool

I think it would be awesome to see the Rays and Marlins in the Series.  Marlins have a long way to go but it's not inconceivable.  Hopefully, the Rays won't pull an A-Rod and choke in October.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

Da_Mtg_Man

As long as they stay healthy then they won't choke.
I was at the game last night and there were as many if not more Rays fans than Bo Sox fans. That was great to see.
Now, we're 2 1/2 games ahead of Boston. How freakin cool is that? Go Rays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

686RAPTOR

I hate those rays, they embarrased my Marlins. Im glad they beat the Sox though because im not a Sox fan either. If the Marlins dont make it no where the rays will eventually be my next team to go for due to being in Florida.

Da_Mtg_Man

How about that sweep.......
These guys are kicking a$$ and taking names.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

digginfool

Rays won last night?  Awesome!!  They were behind 4-1 I think top of the 6th and I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so I didn't see the end.  I just looked at the scores; figures the bottom of the seventh would be where all the action was.  Anyway, Rays are hot right now!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

yfz122

I hate baseball, but it's great to see them doing well.
Next thing you know they'll take my thoughts away

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: digginfool on July 03, 2008, 12:01:52 PM
Rays won last night?  Awesome!!  They were behind 4-1 I think top of the 6th and I just couldn't keep my eyes open anymore so I didn't see the end.  I just looked at the scores; figures the bottom of the seventh would be where all the action was.  Anyway, Rays are hot right now!

Yeah, we had a 6 run 7th inning to make it 7-4 then the sox scored 2 more but Wheeler shut'm down.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Smoknbanshee

I am routing for the Rays.  Would love to see them win the division that has been sewed up by Bos or NY for a many of years.
Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!

686RAPTOR

they swept almost every team they played. they swept the marlins, yankees and red sox and thats only off the top of my head im sure they swept more than that.

Da_Mtg_Man

Well, It's the bottom of the 7th and we have just put one of the biggest ass whoopins on the Bo Sox that they have ever had in a series. In the last 4 games we have scored 38 runs to their 5. What a schlackin' These Rays are just on fire.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Da_Mtg_Man

WOW,Did I speak to soon or what? It's now 7-6 in the bottom of the eighth. what a come back by the Sox
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

I think we all spoke to soon on this one. This is ridiculous.
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

Da_Mtg_Man

Yeah, Thats alright. Now the Rays can win in front of their home crowd.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

digginfool

I'll tear whatever hair I have left out if they blow this.    ;)   I hope they can hang in there and win one more.  One thing for sure, it's going to end in Tampa.  It would be a shame to let the home town down. 
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

trx#9

I tried to watch the last 2 innings that took 2 hours to play, how ficken boring can you get. Baseball is a little girls sport, I rather watch golf, ping pong, Frisbee throwing, dog gymnastics, underwater basketweaving and a spelling bee before that garbage.
Sorry guy's....... :(
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

FoxHondaRider

I hope the Rays win the World series.  Theya re dominating in the toughest division so I can see it happening.  THey better start changing those welcome to Tampa signs to say Welcome to Tampa, superbowl champions, stanley cup champions, world series champions.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

mrbones

How could anybody think a 7-0 comeback in the last part of the game in the ALCS boring? This was baseball at its best. Too bad we were the losing team this time. I needed a stiff drink after watching this one to calm me down.

I knew Boston was never out. They have had some of the best comeback in history. But the Rays will prevail! I look forward to watching Saturday's game.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

trx#9

I hope the Ray's do well too, it's good for economy of tampa-st. pete. It's just to slow of a sport for me to watch, must be my racing blood. ;)
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

mrbones

I hear ya. I honestly couldn't watch it during the season because I felt the same way. But, I love playoffs!
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

I agree with the sport being to slow. I remember when I was a little kid in the early 90's games would take maybe 2 hours. Now there 3 and a half hours or more! But the post season is pretty exciting to me. I've taken a ton of ridicule over the years for supporting the rays so I hope they can pull it off, they sure do deserve it! I wish ol Madden woulda left kazmir in a tad longer. I wish upton would have caught that fly ball, I wish Longoria wouldn't have thrown a bad ball to Pena. Madden should get manager of the year but he sure managed himself right out of that game.

Edit- He should have also pulled balfour and wheeler sooner too. He usually does, he had me goin nuts lastnight.
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

mrbones

Yeah, I don't know why he left them in that long either. Boston's bats got so hot I don't think it would've mattered.
Riding Old Reliable --> The Honda Recon