anyone ever ride near asheville

Started by mikeE36, October 14, 2008, 01:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeE36

considering moving there after college. Any good spots?

indianjoe


Kaw3604x4 Princess

Live your life in such a way that when your feet
hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders &
says...

`Oh sh*t....she's awake!!`

mikeE36


indianjoe

i like any of the smaller towns in that area, N.C., S.C. and Tenn. are al alot more ATV/OHV friendly then Florida.

Sleazy_Rider78

You can ride in the Nantahala National Forest in Cullowhee, NC.  Its about 45 minutes from Asheville.  As far as Asheville goes, my brother lives there right now and enjoys it.  He is a police officer for the city of Asheville and says the biggest type of crime there is drugs.  Its a quiet town for the most part, but there are some pretty cool bars downtown and a pretty good young college crowd.  I notice there are a good amount of hippie type people who live there as well, but they never really bother you.  They seem to keep to themselves and don't really seem to be like those militant tree hugger type.  I would go up there for a weekend and see for yourself if you like it.  There is plenty of outdoor activities to do when its not winter.  I have gone white water rafting, trout fishing and taken an ATV tour in the Nantahala National Forest.  If you are looking for a quiet, small (but not too small) type town, Asheville is a good choice.  I think its been rated one of the best towns to live in for a couple years in a row now.
[url="//www.myspace.com/mlatcham"]www.myspace.com/mlatcham[/url]
Stolen: 2003 Yamaha YZ250F. Moto XXX graphics, Pro Taper handlebars, black Excel rims.  Pics of bike in Stolen ATV Watch Forum.
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,25023.0.html[/url]

miker

Yeah, I would like to live near more drugs.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com