oil return tank?

Started by crom A zone, October 13, 2008, 08:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crom A zone

Its the black box    on the KFX400  on the right side of the carb. Does any one no if u need  that or can u just vent the valve cover and   crank and be fine?
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

TRX450R_Racer

It's a breather. You can run without it, but you still need to let the engine vent. You can't just plug them off.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Team Alba Z400 Rider 43 on October 14, 2008, 01:30:07 AM
You need that black box.

Why?? As long as he puts a breather on the hoses he should be fine.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

crom A zone

thats what i was thinkin     why does it need to be there
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

I thought you could use a small little breather on the hoses as well. Here read this, the original post is gone, but this is from the gurus at Z400central. But take it off if you want. I wouldn't do it.


http://www.z400central.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=66770
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

TRX450R_Racer

That's a good read. Thanks fro the info.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

crom A zone

thank you for the help   really learned alot   from it   its back on the bike   started her up and drove around i got the jetting right on the first time   lol
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

No prob guys. I really wanted to get rid of it as well. You probably could relocate it if you took your time and did it right.
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

crom A zone

yea but the point would be to get rid of it   its not that bad looking more pain in neck to get the the carb
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Team Alba Z400 Rider 43

Exactly, you could relocate it to make carb access easier.
-2006 Suzuki LT-R450-
-2004 Suzuki LT-Z400-

Harry: "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention." - Dumb and Dumber

crom A zone

to much work  for that   i would rather put th time money and effort to make it faster and handle better
2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com