Tire size, whats size should I buy?

Started by cheapthrills, October 10, 2008, 01:18:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cheapthrills

Recently purchased a Kawasaki brute force 750  ::), can't help but to smile every time I ride. Anyway I'm looking to buy some tires nicer then the stock trail tires sold with the machine. Doing a little reading it seems suggest not to venture far of the size the machine was made with, yet everyone seems to thing the biggest tires you can put on the better (28") Stock it comes with 25" tires. I do trail riding, sugar sand and mud, like the versatility of the ITP tires.

Any thoughts/suggestions, I'm all ears.

Chevy1500z71


4fittyr

i got some 66" goodyears off the digger
if u can't be good be good at it

EIGER-MUDDER

mudlite  are good for what ur look for      but if ur in lots of mud or water then set of outlaws
or mudzilla  or   new Zilla ,    but if u trail ride alot  mudlites are what i'll put on
THE DEEPER I GO THE MORE SHE LIKE'S IT


suzuki eiger
08 grizzly 700  6' lift with 30''shoes

crom A zone

2008 brute force 750

30inch itp mulite xxl on ss108s
rad reloated and mimb snorkles
gold/red epi clutch springs
hl springs and extream 2inch lift

MadMudder

Dozer tracks gogogo! Lol



Seriously, ive had mudlites with great success. They arent a hardcore mud tire but they pull pretty good and witha  750 pulling them they should say clean and ride great on trails. Not that bad in sand either. Id would run 26's. You have more then enough bike to turn them without any problem and you seriously wont be disappointed.
2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..

cheapthrills

I ended up buying 27" mudlites, have not got them yet, hope I like them. A friend has 28" vampires on his and no problem with power so I should be good.

Anoriginal

I have two Brute Force 750's. One has 27" mudlites and the other has 28" mudlites. I like the 27" tires much better. They fit under the fenders, keep you cleaner and go anywhere you need them to. You're going to love them.
One of the penalties for refusing to participte in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors. ~ Plato

Contrary to popular belief, nobody owes you anything.

cheapthrills

Thanks, I was hoping to find somone with experience with these. I did not want to go to crazy on tire size because I enjoy the low end power and did not want to burn up drive belts and u-joints.