2 iexplore.exe running on my pc

Started by IXIswamperIXI, September 29, 2008, 11:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXIswamperIXI

My IE has been very very slow to load pages and to the point slowing down my whole pc, then I looked at the process running and I have 2 iexplore.exe running at the same time.  Any ideas?  Nothing has come up on all my scans.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

Never mind... apparently with IE 8 it does show multiple ie running... so have to look figure out something else
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

What do you guys use to scan your PC's?  I was using AVG, and nothing came up.
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

zin

AVG is a virus program, sounds like you may have some malware.. not technically a virus :P

iexplore.exe is the main executable for internet explorer. depends on the location of the file as to weather its an infection or not.
(malware exe files can be named anything) if its not in c:\program files\internet explorer\ then you may need to give AVG some help.

we have used adaware and spybot for a couple years now, but recently started using MalwareBytes and HijackThis...

http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html

Good Luck!!

zin

asmart82

I use Spybot Search & Destroy and AVG.  Both are free from Download.com

IXIswamperIXI

I did the hijackthis and I had a lot of stuff... fixed all but about 10 items they just show up everytime I scan and fix.  IE does seem to be faster but it is still slowing everything down.  Anyone know what this means?

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:40:44 PM, on 9/29/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16705)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
O23 - Service: AOL TopSpeed Monitor (AOL TopSpeedMonitor) - America Online, Inc - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Broadcom Wireless LAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\wltrysvc.exe
O23 - Service: X10 Device Network Service (x10nets) - Unknown owner - C:\PROGRA~1\ATIMUL~1\RemCtrl\x10nets.exe (file missing)

--
End of file - 1691 bytes
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

zin

Things will come back as the prgrams that put them in startup may still be installed and placing them back when you reboot...

you should go into add/remove programs and clean up any unused or unknown programs that are installed

IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Keeter

Quote from: zin on September 29, 2008, 11:33:09 AM
AVG is a virus program, sounds like you may have some malware.. not technically a virus :P

iexplore.exe is the main executable for internet explorer. depends on the location of the file as to weather its an infection or not.
(malware exe files can be named anything) if its not in c:\program files\internet explorer\ then you may need to give AVG some help.

we have used adaware and spybot for a couple years now, but recently started using MalwareBytes and HijackThis...

http://www.download.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html

Good Luck!!

zin

UH... UH   ... WOW Zin.  Your smarter than the average bear.  I believe that if you download no trouble there will be no trouble.  BTW I use SuperAnti Spyware.  I have found some AntiSpyware programs that are free downloadable actually carry spyware. Be carfeul what you download.  I also make sure my PC is update with all of the latest patches from MS.
2019 Can Am 850 XMR

renmus

Zin is our pc Yogi.   He fixed our systems.  Next one I buy will be from him.

big-daddy

Yep.. Zin one smart cookie......... I run a MAC  ;)
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Busta Nutt


IXIswamperIXI

well I am not sure what I need to do... I am probley looking in the wrong place LOL iexplore.exe is not needed to run my RZR LOL
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com