The 88 store January 22, 2005

Started by jjamesbar, November 23, 2004, 06:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjamesbar

i talked to annie (she used to own the place) today at the 88 store. so far no one has taken over the barbeque stand. she did say that we could use that facility for our group. it has refridgerators barbeque pit and outside grill. just a thought here, we could bring covered dishes and drop off there the night before, we could cook hambergers on the grill or we could just do nothing. we would have to clean up of course. with the cooking thing it may require someone to be there before we get there or stay after we leave. we could even precook some barbeque and just heat it up when we get there. also, there should be a suggested donation to cover the cost of the meat. anything above our expenses could be donated to the site. now i need to add that i didnt talk to mike the current owner he was still asleep. i'll update today when we talk.
btw, i mentioned to her about a new pizza cooker she said they have been asking for one too.

lets here your input.


jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jjamesbar

just talked to mike. we can use the barbeque stand free of charge or he could arrange for someone to cook. if we went with the later we would need to upfront money so no one gets hurt.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

Thrasher

I'm up for throwing in some $$ for some nice hot grub when we get there!
2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D



Out to pis

rubicon500kid

hey me and my friends want to know if any one is aloude to go on this trip if so let me know cuz we need to ride more will bring food and money
DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a

atvtrailer

This is during the rodman run if im right and yes u are aloud to go on the rodman run
05 450r #13B

jjamesbar

Quotehey me and my friends want to know if any one is aloude to go on this trip if so let me know cuz we need to ride more will bring food and money

post if you are going and how many in the trail ride IV thread and when grizz gets back from west virginia he get you listed.
after the last ride some questions came up about the food so hopefully we'll pick some direction to head in in here.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

GaryinSeffner

I wouldnt mind kicking in some $$ for some hot food either......maybe something simple like burgers and dogs?? Keep me posted and we can figure this out ahead of time so we know what to plan for as far as meals. Good idea Jeff!!
[url="http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg"]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid151/p303f35fcc449920617c6e316c7f86de8/f5cb0a20.jpg[/url]

budman

I wouldn't mind paying for barbeque ONLY if it is cooked and ready when we show up. If not, I'll bring my own food. I still remember sitting around for hours for pizza, and it's not happening this time...... for me anyway!! ;D
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

Da_Mtg_Man

QuoteI wouldn't mind paying for barbeque ONLY if it is cooked and ready when we show up. If not, I'll bring my own food. I still remember sitting around for hours for pizza, and it's not happening this time...... for me anyway!! ;D

I agree with Budman. We're not gonna want to ride for a few hrs and then cook (and clean up) for some 100 people and then ride back to the trucks. I say we have Mike order some BBQ in and we'll eat when we get there.Otherwise I'll bring my food with me also.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

budman

#9
Plain and simple.....This is an opportunity for them to make a few bucks selling food. This looks like a ride that will continue for a while. I think it will only get bigger. If they want to cash in on 139 bikes full of empty bellies, then jump in with both feet. We will be gassing up, drinking and eating there if they like. If not we gas up and drink and feed ourselves. No problem, but maybe they should see how many on this site will be going by their store. I mean we are stopping anyway, so point them to this site and see if they like the idea.
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

jjamesbar

QuotePlain and simple.....This is an opportunity for them to make a few bucks selling food.  

its not quite so simple, he has no one to cook but could line up somebody. the thing that complicates it is we would need to up front money for the meat. we'll probably end up bringing our own food like we always have. heck if i didnt want to ride so bad i would cook.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

customrubicon

He could post an add for vendor to come in and cook. There are lots that would be willing to cook for over 100 people. Probably several vendors to handle that many people. He could charge them rent for the spot. Just a thouhgt. It is what I do in Michigan when we do charity runs.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

Little redneck girl

 ::)HEY I AM INTERESTED IN THIS RUN,LETS GET MORE INFO WHEN THE TIME COMES!!!!!!!!!!!IT WOULD BE NICE TO GET MORE SOUTH FL RIDERD TO GO ALSO!!!! :-/
650 CanAM

Redgrizzly660

Little Redneck girl there is a lot of people comming from South Florida ckeck the list of peoples on group ride Rodman Dam IV and people from MSG that U meet.

Grizz

Ida_Mann

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

customrubicon

Do we know if they have made any arrangements for food ????
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

I HAVE NO PROBLEMS THROWING IN MONEY FOR HOT GRUB [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

big-daddy

theres lot of people coming. to feed all of use will take a long time. I dont think it going to be easy to feed 200 people. Just to collect the money and keep track who payed is going to be hard. I am going to bring a sub.  
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

T2

i agree that as a group we would be hard to feed and with the differences in opinions of food and how long to spend there eating it is easier to each his own. im only stopping at the store for fuel and a quick snack then im back on the trails. i came to ride, not eat. it will take awhile just for all to fuel up and get a drink, before you know it you will have lost an hour and alot of interest.
so for me and my crew we will be winging it ;D. more ride less stop............thats my moto ;D and this is DRETH at T2s house
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Chris505

To many pages to read threw so excuse me if it has be covered allready...

What is the propoesed route To the 88store,, and after the 88store.......
Now that i have my Garmin276c (WOW. what machine,,, been using it at the croom and in the truck)).
i was going to take the ride to the 88store but then head kinda straight back to rodman and BS with the group members that stayed at the pit???? + go on shorter trail rides in and out of the pit....explore a little... ;D

Because i know some people went back to rodman after the 88store on the last trip, does anyone know if there going to do this again????

GRIZZ, ida,, jjamesbar.. was there a map somewhere of the proposed route time to get to the store?????
05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes

bbf

i dont my puttings some dollars down for some warm food when we get there

big-daddy

#21
T2RaptorF350, I am with you coming to ride. Little redneck girl are group leave fri morning if you want to meet with us we can all drive up together.
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

customrubicon

I do not mind bringing my own food. I would like to eat some hot food though. If a professional vendor takes care of it than it should not be that hard to feed 200 people if making burgers, dogs or chili. It could all be made in advance. Thrown on the grill before we are sceduled to arrive. If people can't eat what the vendor posts as the menu they would have to bring food. I was just wondering.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg[/url]

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino

T2

Big daddy I live just north of Orlando, I see you are coming from Miami, so I don't known where you want to meet.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

big-daddy

I a greed with you about riding. little red girl that live in the keys that I ask to ride up with. see ya there!
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com