Crashes at Croom today 09/21/08

Started by 1FasterBlaster, September 21, 2008, 07:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1FasterBlaster

 My buddy Rob on his YFZ,his brother also on a YFZ,me on my YFZ,and our buddy Eric on a 450R were racing around the Pitt up until 2:P.M.. Someone on a dirtbike crashed up towards the front. I heard he broke his collarbone, femur, and possibly his hip.
   Then, someone on a LTR #29 flies by me and Eric while we're puttin in second gear. We're racing around again and #29 is riding behind us. There was a nice 3rd gear pop up and he hit it. But, he ended up coming down hard on a nose dive and broke a couple of ribs.
   Then, my buddy Rob on his YFZ dives into the big burm by the entrance and flips over smacking the ground hard. He hurt his shoulder pretty bad, but he got up...dazed, but he got up.
   Other than that, we had some awesome fast riding.

indianjoe

Wow hope everyone heals up fast!!!!!

cheropride

Good gosh, what a day...

The dirk bike crash seemed really bad, that a long of broken bones.... 

Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

shogun323

#3
Are you sure the #29 was an LTR? My buddy rides XC on a yellow modded up #29 YFZ 450. Yikes!!!

Hope everyone has a quick recovery!!


We all rode yesterday (Saturday) and had a blast!!!!!

"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

VForcedave

You better be careful posting about the crashes because someone could get wind of this post and make the ATV community look bad and they might want to take away our birthday!!! Sorry about these people getting hurt, at least they where not sitting on their keyboard pretending to be riders.  ;)
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

1FasterBlaster

 Yes, the #29 was a yellow LTR.

CountryBoy

I know who the #29 is. He races the motorcross tracks with us.
_*Modded Motorsports*_
       (727)432-0270

www.sponsorhouse.com/Members/TCNales
www.GandGracing.com

*Thanks to my Sponsors*
M&M Racing
SKY Powersports
AC Racing
Scott USA
PowerMadd
Gaerne

1FasterBlaster

 A track is different than Croom. He came down pretty hard on the hardest surface there. Hope he's OK. My buddies towed his quad back for him.

TRX450R_Racer

Note to self............don't ride where scratchedup is riding.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

1FasterBlaster

  Your smart, you might not be able to keep up!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D And I'm riding my 450 with no stabilizer...old school!!
   I have to thank Lugnuts ( Steve ) for the work on my quad. It's running f_cking awesome!!

ScooterB

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on September 22, 2008, 02:34:13 PM
  Your smart, you might not be able to keep up!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D And I'm riding my 450 with no stabilizer...old school!!
   I have to thank Lugnuts ( Steve ) for the work on my quad. It's running f_cking awesome!!

I have seen Frank ride he is fast...........
06 Honda Rancher 350ES 
10 KTM 200 XCW
01 KX 125
FTR # 63C SSR-C
Certified ASI ATV Safety Instructor
SADRA
NPORA

1FasterBlaster

#11
 I would hope one day he brings his riding game to Croom. I have a nice squad of riders getting together. We were minus a few guys on LTR's getting motor mods. We try to start a line of people racing around so people will stay out of our way. So far everyone does.
   I don't claim to be the fastest, but I still think I'm a fast rider. Everyone tells me I am. But I don't go as fast as I use to because of my neck since the surgery. I'm always down for more riders to show up.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: ScooterB on September 22, 2008, 03:43:14 PM
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on September 22, 2008, 02:34:13 PM
  Your smart, you might not be able to keep up!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D And I'm riding my 450 with no stabilizer...old school!!
   I have to thank Lugnuts ( Steve ) for the work on my quad. It's running f_cking awesome!!

I have seen Frank ride he is fast...........

Thanks


Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on September 22, 2008, 04:54:22 PM
I would hope one day he brings his riding game to Croom. I have a nice squad of riders getting together. We were minus a few guys on LTR's getting motor mods. We try to start a line of people racing around so people will stay out of our way. So far everyone does.
   I don't claim to be the fastest, but I still think I'm a fast rider. Everyone tells me I am. But I don't go as fast as I use to because of my neck since the surgery. I'm always down for more riders to show up.

I would love to go out there and ride with your group. I will let you know the next time we go. It will probably be in the next month or 2. Being 210 miles away I can't get there as much as I would like to.

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

1FasterBlaster

 I have to be in Miami this weekend, but maybe next weekend we're going to be out there. Hopefully some more people will show up.

ilovehondas

Damn!  Good thing I chose not to go with you on Sunday Chino.
Blue, Yellow, Green, or Red...as long as its a Honda.

Slo Poke

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on September 22, 2008, 02:34:13 PM
  Your smart, you might not be able to keep up!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D And I'm riding my 450 with no stabilizer...old school!!

bring your group out to the next SSQSA XC race at L-cross...then you can show us how fast you guys are....we keep time so you have some proof.... 8)
SSQSA #294C
TBRD Racing Team
www.tampabayridindirty.com
www.ridindirtyperformance.com

z400250

Quote from: Slo Poke on September 22, 2008, 09:05:37 PM
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on September 22, 2008, 02:34:13 PM
  Your smart, you might not be able to keep up!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D And I'm riding my 450 with no stabilizer...old school!!

bring your group out to the next SSQSA XC race at L-cross...then you can show us how fast you guys are....we keep time so you have some proof.... 8)
:Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif :bow.gif :bow.gif :bow.gif :}} :}}
[url="//www.tampabayridindirty.com"]www.tampabayridindirty.com[/url]

1FasterBlaster

#17
 My quad isn't set up for scrambles yet. I'm on a no budget, so that will be a while. I know, I did the QS's when I had my modded LTZ400. There addicting. The pitt at Croom and MX is different. You put me in the woods, I'm flying.

1FasterBlaster

 I might still be up for some woods racing. I'll have to do some things to my quad first. I don't even have a killswitch yet.

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on September 24, 2008, 11:31:11 AM
I might still be up for some woods racing. I'll have to do some things to my quad first. I don't even have a killswitch yet.

I have an extra one you can borrow for the race.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Slo Poke

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on September 24, 2008, 08:33:59 PM
Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on September 24, 2008, 11:31:11 AM
I might still be up for some woods racing. I'll have to do some things to my quad first. I don't even have a killswitch yet.

I have an extra one you can borrow for the race.

fsho...dont let something like a killswitch stop ya.... ;)
SSQSA #294C
TBRD Racing Team
www.tampabayridindirty.com
www.ridindirtyperformance.com

1FasterBlaster

#21
  I would like to. There are more things than that stopping me right now. Money, for one. I just got this quad a month ago and it needs some replacement parts. It still has stock tires, stock suspension, no stabilizer, bad bushings. I can only stand to ride it for like 20 minutes till I feel like I'm beat to crap.
   And, the way things are going, I might be relocating to Boston Massachusetts. Don't ask.
 

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com