Please write to the people at SFWMD we need our voices to be heard!!!!

Started by zman03, September 18, 2008, 04:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zman03

This is the time and the information is there!   if we the riders dont write or call in huge numbers we only have ourselves to blame!!!!   THIS IS THE OPPORTUNITY!!!!!    Please do your part and let your voice be heard!!!!      WE NEED ATLEAST 1000 PEOPLE TO FLOOD THEM WITH EMAILS OR CALLS!!!!!!!!!!           THIS COULD BE THE BEGINNING OF MORE CONTINUED CLOSURES ONCE THEY SEE THERE IS NO OBJECTION OR RESISTANCE!!!!!!!!!!!      NO ONE IS ASKING FOR MONEY JUST CALL OR EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

Kaw3604x4 Princess

Please just be respectful.  If they get calls and emails full of profanity and accusations, it will backfire terribly.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet
hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders &
says...

`Oh sh*t....she's awake!!`

TRX450R_Racer

I emailed them,

Hi,
It's bad enough we have no where to off road in South Florida. Living in WPB, I have to drive at least 1 1/2 hours to have fun. We keep paying our title fees and places keep getting shut down. All SFWMD does is drag their feet and postpone our riding areas for one reason or another. If it was a golf course that totally strips the land, unlike a riding park that leaves the trees, it would be a done deal. Croom is a prim example of a great place that we ride and the wildlife is still abundant. Please cut us a break once in a while.
Thanks
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

zman03

I AGREE WITH KAW3604X4princess we need to be smart and write your complaint without profanity or innapropriate laguage that will stereotype the off-road vehicle community. The majority of the people recreate in a responsible, safe and appropriate manner and thats the image they need to see and hear from. This is the opportunity to be heard and we can make a difference if we take the right steps to be viewed as a reputable user group that can be managed accordingly.    PLEASE LET THEM KNOW HOW YOUR LIFE WILL BE NEGATIVELY IMPACTED BY THESE CLOSURES, AND PLEASE DO IT POLITELY!!!!!!!!      WE CAN AND WILL MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!         THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE HERE THAT IF WE WORK TOGETHER WE CAN AND WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE     PLEASE DO YOUR PART!!!!!!!!!!!!
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

jrpro130

I sent mine! Now they are going after private land....this is CRAZY.  I'm about to get a harley and not worry about it
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Justardnck

Can somebody please explain to me what it is that we are fighting for? I know it has to do with riding areas but where is the information so I know what I'm complaining about? I own several properties in various private lands that I ride on and I've always heard stories that people want them shut down so I'm interested in helping the fight but I need to know the details so I can write an educated and informative letter to the proper people.

Justardnck

Well I found what it was about... C&R Motorsports but I still would like to read the particulars as to why SFWMD wants it shut down and what their argument is. Does anybody know where I can find that info?

indianjoe

If you read this thread it may help you understand:

http://chuckstrucks.iforumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=46106&mforum=chuckstrucks


If you own land and there is wetlands on it, don't think you can do what you want with it..


Justardnck

This is a fight that will be very hard to combat. Here in Palm Beach I have to deal with ERM (Environmental Resource Management), these people live to save every single plant and bug that might be harmed. They're just shy of county employed extremists, if I want to pull a construction permit on any land over 2 acres I have to contact them and they have to inspect the land and tell the land owner what they're allowed to do to it and if they cut down a certain tree the land owner will need to plant several listed trees in that ones place. All these people at SFWMD are going to say that the mudding was destroying plant, insect and animal life not to mention disrupt the nutrients of the muck.

The best way to combat this is to find what their actual reasoning is and attack that on their level, just complaining about losing a place to ride is just going to make them laugh at us. If the land owner was given an option to satisfy SFWMD and they didn't comply then you are going to have a tough time fixing this because the land owner didn't care about the outcome.

Both of the threads I've read on the 2 forums do not supply enough information to actually fight these people. I will write a letter but I don't think it's going to do much good

Gato

SWFMD is also to blame for the clousure of Holylands/Rothenburger this was the ONLY really legal riding area forest type trails not track south of I-4. and is about 14 miles north of us 27 and 5 mile west of us 27
2008 Yamaha Rhino 700FI(camo)
2002 Arctic Cat 400i 4x4
2010 Arctic CAt 700 h1

Justardnck

Quote from: Gato on September 18, 2008, 09:32:34 PM
SWFMD is also to blame for the clousure of Holylands/Rothenburger this was the ONLY really legal riding area forest type trails not track south of I-4. and is about 14 miles north of us 27 and 5 mile west of us 27
I'm not saying to sit back and take it, what I'm saying is to find out what their complaint is then attack that. I have watched many of great riding places close over the years, anybody who remembers "The Towers or Okeechobee Woods" back in the mid 90's will tell you both of those places ROCKED. I want to stop them as much as anybody but we need to attack the complaint not the overall act of closing the place. Environmentalist all over the world are closing all places that might harm the environment even if that harm is a silly sounding as trampling a damn weed

zman03

PLEASE JUST STICK TO THE PLAN, AND LETS FLOOD THIS PLACE WITH HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WRITING TO THEM!!!      OTHERWISE THEY WILL SEE US AS EASY AND LAME AND MORE CLOSURES WILL ENSUE.   MIAMI DADE COUNTY IS LIVING PROOF,  THIS COUNTY SAW   RALLIES AND PROTEST EVEN TRIPS TO THE COMMISIONERS OFFICE AND THEN THEY OPENED WHAT IS NOW MIAMI MX.  EVEN  THOUGH ITS RUN BY A PRIVATE  VENDOR, ITS STILL PROOF THAT THEY HAD TO DO SOMETHING  CAUSE THE PUBLIC OUTCRY WAS VERY STRONG!!!!!!!
Youve gotta pin it to win it!

toyazman76


toyazman76

Here are the names and contacts to write. I took directly from C&R's web site.
Name:                            Phone#:                    Email:
Allison Murphy    800-250-4200 x 3033   amurphy@sfwmd.gov
Wayne Blythe      800-250-4200 x 3018     wblythe@sfwmd.gov
Alison Kelly                561-682-2977             alkelly@sfwmd.gov
Stephanie Raymond  800-250-4200 x 3007   sraymon@sfwmd.gov
Kelly Cranford          800-250-4200 x 3005   kcranford@sfwd.gov
Angela Hedrichsen-Sandoval 800-250-4200  ahendri@sfwmd.gov
Doug MacLaughlin            561-682-2153   dmaclaug@swfmd.gov


lswjth2


Davidld98

08 RTV1100
03 Rincon
03 E-Z Go

toyazman76

I sent an email but these private land owners need to relize you can't beat the system I.E not filing for a ERP permit. You have to obtain permits and maintain them. This is the case with any business. If the ERP permit is obtained they will most likely let C&R reopen. The government is not joking around and if you don't play by there rules you will lose. First thing is to learn the rules then play the game better then the opposition. JMTC.

zman03

I cant believe more people refuse to do their part and simply send an email. This is easier than going to a rally or showing up at a meeting!!!!   For all those that sent an email thank you. Anyone that just complains about nowhere to ride if you did not get involved you only have yourself to blame!!!!!!!     PLEASE DO YOUR PART AND WRITE YOUR EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!
Youve gotta pin it to win it!