ATV Swap Meet

Started by Paul_S, September 09, 2008, 04:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_S

The Motoplex October feature weekend is also going to host a swap meet.

Bring any bikes, atv's, trailers, parts and accessories that you wish to sell. No charge for selling except of course your entry fee.

If you are a vendor, or know of a vendor that wants to attend our October feature weekend/swap meet. There will be no charge over and above our regular gate fee of $30 per person per weekend.

Set up selling bikes, shirts, parts, food, whatever. Manufacturers are welcome too. I contacted a few of our local dealers, anyone is welcome.

I am bringing a set of 4 Yamaha pattern rims, with good Flat Track tires on them.

My Sprint Car

1999 Yamaha YZ125

Tons of parts and accessories for a variety of bikes and ATV's

A bunch of new and lightly used riding gear.

I will add to the list when I think of some more items.

1FasterBlaster

 Kewl idea Paul. Can I try to sell my Donkey since you won't let me ride it?

Paul_S


TRX450R_Racer

That is a good idea.

Free to vendors, what a deal!
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Turboderf

i love swap meets  ;D paul you need to move closer its just a hall and a half to get up there ... but i will make it up there someday

Paul_S

Quote from: Turboderf on September 09, 2008, 08:04:24 PM
i love swap meets  ;D paul you need to move closer its just a hall and a half to get up there ... but i will make it up there someday

It ain't that far, we used to drive down to L-Cross all the time.

svtbolt04

When I get settled in orlando this weekend, I'll have to start planning trips up there!

I can't wait to see this place
823 for life!



Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.

greenmachine

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on September 09, 2008, 04:56:31 PM
Kewl idea Paul. Can I try to sell my Donkey since you won't let me ride it?
How much for the donkey?
You think he could keep my field mowed down?

shogun323

Paul, Great Idea!!! I need to get up there one of these days!!!!!
"An armed society is a polite society." ~Robert A. Heinlein

gery350

i hate the motoplex! i hate that its so damn far. looks and sounds like an awesome place.

wish it was closer >:( >:(
hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
[url="http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif"]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif[/url]

Ida_Mann

I used to think the Motoplex was so far I'd never go back, because I was used to being only 70 miles from Ocala,,,,,,now that Ocala has made it so difficult to have any fun, I haven't ridden in ONF in over a year and I drive the 220 miles to the Motoplex.

dunno if I'm gonna make it to the swap meet, but I'll try.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

TRX450R_Racer

Quote from: Ida_Mann on September 12, 2008, 12:56:33 PM
I used to think the Motoplex was so far I'd never go back, because I was used to being only 70 miles from Ocala,,,,,,now that Ocala has made it so difficult to have any fun, I haven't ridden in ONF in over a year and I drive the 220 miles to the Motoplex.

dunno if I'm gonna make it to the swap meet, but I'll try.

Id@

How far is it from Croom?
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

renmus

Hope you all have a great swap meet.  Six hours is just too far for me.  I would just continue on to Georgia or TN.  ;)

Ida_Mann

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on September 12, 2008, 01:57:57 PM
Quote from: Ida_Mann on September 12, 2008, 12:56:33 PM
I used to think the Motoplex was so far I'd never go back, because I was used to being only 70 miles from Ocala,,,,,,now that Ocala has made it so difficult to have any fun, I haven't ridden in ONF in over a year and I drive the 220 miles to the Motoplex.

dunno if I'm gonna make it to the swap meet, but I'll try.

Id@

How far is it from Croom?

I just did a google map showing from the front gate of Croom to the gate of the Motoplex is 178 miles.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=30.332139,-83.356791&hl=en&geocode=FaBJswEdkyYZ-w%3B&mra=mi&mrsp=1,0&sz=14&sll=30.315469,-83.342628&sspn=0.078614,0.055275&ie=UTF8&ll=28.64962,-82.069244&spn=1.278645,0.884399&t=h&z=10

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

TRX450R_Racer

So that means it would be about 400 m iles for me to drive there.  :O  ???  :o
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Paul_S

#15
Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on September 13, 2008, 05:46:40 PM
So that means it would be about 400 m iles for me to drive there.  :O  ???  :o

We have quite a few come from West Palm to the feature weekends, you ever want to carpool - let me know, I am sure I can get you a ride. I am sure it's worth your time.

The call on if it's worth travelling to the plex really depends on the type of riding you like to do, Remnus said she would carry on to TN or Ga, well I live 30 miles from GA and unless you are going to go to N. Ga or like she said TN, there isn't anywhere better than the plex close to us. Durhamtown for example (or TN for that matter) is 6 hours north, so that would make it 12 hours, if people won't drive 6 hours for a fun weekend, then 12 hours (actually 24 hours return) is a real long way for a weekend, although I am sure that people who drive that far go for longer than a weekend.

If you want to have a fun filled family weekend, it's probably worth the drive, we always (weather and tropical storms permitting) have fun events, rides, night rides, tons of things to watch and participate in. If you have a kid that likes to ride, they would LOVE it there, for the kids we have obstacle course races, barrel races, drag races, peewee track races. We have adult events (not boobies, just grown up races - mud, mx, drag, xc)We have a bbq or other themed pot luck dinner every feature sat night.

Tons of mud and water, fast one way trails with jumps, 3 mx tracks, a drag strip. Plenty of 2 way trails.

OK, we don't have 100,000 acres of mountain trail, where you can start one day and ride for a week and never ride the same trail twice, but we can certainly keep you entertained for the weekend. Most of our riders, come back, time and time again, so we must be doing something right. You can always go to the mountains another weekend.

Our events have the feel of the old time rides on here.  Without too much effort, you will go home after the feature with a couple of hundred new friends. Many of the people who post here, are at the plex every month.

Fox17

one day im gonna make it up there for a weekend. it is very far but i know its worth it just seeing pics and videos.

Cosmo

For sportbike riders the motoplex is good fun as long as you dont go after a huricane lol..  :ThumbsUp.gif
89 330R

dirtslinger

Quote from: Cosmo on September 14, 2008, 04:02:05 AM
For sportbike riders the motoplex is good fun as long as you dont go after a huricane lol..  :ThumbsUp.gif

Yeah the agua gets kinda deep. Its a bad ass time tho.
Josh Rogers
#70
10-11 Sponsors:
MotoOption Clothing
Rocky Mountain Roastery
EVS Sports
Steel MX
ODI Grips

Ida_Mann

what I think is the greatest advertisement for the plex is this,,,,,,at every feature weekend, there will always be someone, if not a few people who either don't own a quad of their own, or theirs is broke who arrive just for the people without any promises of a borrowed quad to ride.

and that's a fact that I've witnessed many times.

Id@
Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com