Anyone Up for an Old School Speed Ride in Ocala Date is Up

Started by T2, September 12, 2008, 09:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T2

 Just like the title says and Old School Speed Ride in Ocala, seeing if all you peeps you know who you are, are intrested if so lets pick a weekend thats good for everyone. Lets be like a tennis shoe Just DO IT.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

novadave

Me and some friends are going to Delancey on sunday. We park in the campground and we ride fast so come on out.
HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!

T2

Not able to make it this weekend :(, Thanks for the invite I really appreciate that next for sure you guys be safe.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Ride1Rob

Tony, I plan on going up there with some others in a couple of weeks. Was going up this weekend but had some issues with the bike running hot and had to cancel.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

novadave

Tony, Rob yall let me know when yall are going and we will meet up.We ride in Ocala alot.
HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!

greenmachine

Rumor has it that the rangers are enforcing a 20mph speed limit all over the forest.

T2

They have to catch us 1st :P. And Rob when were you going to plan on telling me you guys were riding I don't feel the love anymore :(
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

novadave

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!

qt314nfla

Quote from: T2 on September 13, 2008, 04:25:54 PM
They have to catch us 1st :P. And Rob when were you going to plan on telling me you guys were riding I don't feel the love anymore :(

good lord i remember reading about these rides.  it wouldn't be complete w/o hollywood.  he's gotta kill a tree in the first 300 feet from parking to make it a real speed ride. and he jumped ship and moved. 

too funny! that street biking mentality is now in your blood.  you're talking like we do about having to catch us first.  you still hitting tampa in a few weeks for bike night?  let me know i'm there every weds.

Da_Mtg_Man

Are you talking about Quaker Steak? They have a HUGE bike night every Wednesday. On nice nights there are 4,000 +/- bikes there.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

qt314nfla

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 13, 2008, 07:41:42 PM
Are you talking about Quaker Steak? They have a HUGE bike night every Wednesday. On nice nights there are 4,000 +/- bikes there.

that'd be the wednesday hang out.  good times.  have met up w/ tony's lil sis the last few weeks. and some other friends that ride up there.

T2

Quote from: QT314 on September 13, 2008, 05:39:39 PM
Quote from: T2 on September 13, 2008, 04:25:54 PM
They have to catch us 1st :P. And Rob when were you going to plan on telling me you guys were riding I don't feel the love anymore :(

good lord i remember reading about these rides.  it wouldn't be complete w/o hollywood.  he's gotta kill a tree in the first 300 feet from parking to make it a real speed ride. and he jumped ship and moved. 

too funny! that street biking mentality is now in your blood.  you're talking like we do about having to catch us first.  you still hitting tampa in a few weeks for bike night?  let me know i'm there every weds.
Yea I plan on being there, as long as my job doesn't call me in on my day off.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

qt314nfla

Quote from: T2 on September 13, 2008, 08:53:39 PM
Quote from: QT314 on September 13, 2008, 05:39:39 PM
Quote from: T2 on September 13, 2008, 04:25:54 PM
They have to catch us 1st :P. And Rob when were you going to plan on telling me you guys were riding I don't feel the love anymore :(

good lord i remember reading about these rides.  it wouldn't be complete w/o hollywood.  he's gotta kill a tree in the first 300 feet from parking to make it a real speed ride. and he jumped ship and moved. 

too funny! that street biking mentality is now in your blood.  you're talking like we do about having to catch us first.  you still hitting tampa in a few weeks for bike night?  let me know i'm there every weds.
Yea I plan on being there, as long as my job doesn't call me in on my day off.

when you know you're def gonna be there i'll put out the bat signal to mav, mptony, and the rest of the plex crew from up there.  see if they'll come out.

T2

[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Fall ball (little league) starts Monday and I'm coaching 2 different age groups so let me check the schedule and see if I can make it. We've been hanging out there for a couple of years now but I haven't been in the last month or so. I'm usually there 3 times a month though.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

T2

#15
Alright Mike are you talking about QS are you talking about Ocala? Because these tread is for Ocala Speed Ride Only  ;DJK Bro
Anyhow it would be good to see you again at QS I assume thats what you are talking about.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

Yeah, Sorry for the highjack. Wwe call it the lube over here. I'll try to be there Wednesday.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

dj_pizzim

Tony let me know when you plan on doing the ocala ride and ill try to make it :ThumbsUp.gif
07 Yfz450
05 Honda Rincon

www.RNRwheels.com
www.Onlypowersports.com
www.floridamotoplex.com
www.fairtax.org

1FasterBlaster

#18
 Hey Tony, what part of Ocala does anyone still ride worth speed riding? I finally got a 05 YFZ -LE. I'd like to try and make it. We haven't ridden together in years!! I bet we can get a mean azz crew together. I have like 3 other people with LTR's and 3 people with YFZ's.

Chino

SpeedQuest

Quote from: greenmachine on September 13, 2008, 04:12:19 PM
Rumor has it that the rangers are enforcing a 20mph speed limit all over the forest.

You heard wrong...  We were there the whole weekend and saw plenty of rangers, and we got no tickets.

Ride1Rob

Quote from: novadave on September 13, 2008, 04:07:13 PM
Tony, Rob yall let me know when yall are going and we will meet up.We ride in Ocala alot.

For sure Dave... I'll you know and I'll probably have 3 with me.
If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!

T2

How about Sat Sep 27th @ 8am so we can ride the whole day eat lunch and go back out. Lets try to get this thing PUMPED UP and get as many riders as we can just like back in the day.

Hey Speedquest I haven't been to Ocala in awhile do you know a good spot were we can all meet with some good trails with not so many whoops. I know we have to ride whoops just trying to limit them.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]

Busta Nutt


novadave

Most of the trails stay maintained well so the whoops aren't bad anywhere.We like to park in Delancey camp grounds and ride out from there. We go out the first ride for about 3 hours and come back and eat lunch then head out for another ride before heading home.
HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!

T2

Sounds good so I'm not getting much response for the 27th is everyone good with that date if you plan on going. We can meet at Lk Dalancey camp grounds and take off from there.
[url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg"]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v640/lakemarykid/tonyy.jpg[/url]