WELCOME CYBERCOP106

Started by VForcedave, September 04, 2008, 02:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VForcedave

Lets give this guy a howdy and let him tell us a little about himself.     
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

Da_Mtg_Man

Welcome aboard cybercop. Jump on in and have a great time.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

NYRAPTOR

hello cybercop. welcome. do you wear a helmet? ;)

Mudneck

[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

cybercop106

Thanks guys!!! 
About me:   I retired from the Army in the 1980's with a service-connected disability. I got a Bachelor's degree and worked for the state of MO for 17 years and retired early from a Detective Sergeant position with the University of Missouri Police earlier this year. Then I married my college sweetheart (whom I had not seen for 20 years until 2007) and moved to FL with her (she's been here for 20 years, she works for FSU).   
Right now I have a 400 Prairie 4x4 and a vintage black Arthur Fulmer AF2 helmet I don't always wear. I don't do any racing or (much) crazy stuff any more.  Bones that are almost 50 don't heal as fast as they used to.....  ???  I'm partial to Kawasaki's, but have owned other 3 and 4 wheelers, including Hondas and even a Suzuki.  I am going to get a Can-am/Bombardier or Arctic Cat 2 seater (4x4) so I can take the new wife riding with me.
I had another 400 Prairie but it was stolen off the family farm while my parents were using it last year in MO.......
I sold my Honda V-twin street bike a couple years ago and wish I hadn't, but the new wife is happy that I did.
I used to ride dirt bikes but not for a decade or so. 
I fish and metal detect, hunt some and shoot combat competition (I'm a firearms instructor). I collect movies and die-cast vehicles. I read a lot and listen to music as much as possible. 


Anyone still awake?!?   ;D
Sometimes paranoia is just a precautionary measure.

=============================
99 Prairie 400 4x4
01 F150 4x4

renmus


Da_Mtg_Man

Do you like long walks on the beach. ;)
Thanks for the insite. You will fit right in here. The downfall to Florida is that the majority of riding areas have been shut down due to the idiots that ride (trespass) on private land, up and down sides of roads riding wheelies and just being plain stupid. With that said there are only a couple of places that are left which the motoplex has already been mentioned. A bunch of people have bought into hunting/riding camps as well.
Jump in and ask if you have any questions.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

cybercop106

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 04, 2008, 05:16:30 PM
Do you like long walks on the beach. ;)

Uh, sorry dude, my wife's the jealous type...........  :-\


But seriously DMM, I understand Apalachicola is still open for ATVs, isn't it. I'm pretty close to the NF. 
And there's also Tate's Hell down South, right?!
Sometimes paranoia is just a precautionary measure.

=============================
99 Prairie 400 4x4
01 F150 4x4

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: cybercop106 on September 04, 2008, 05:57:54 PM
Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on September 04, 2008, 05:16:30 PM
Do you like long walks on the beach. ;)

Uh, sorry dude, my wife's the jealous type...........  :-\


But seriously DMM, I understand Apalachicola is still open for ATVs, isn't it. I'm pretty close to the NF. 
And there's also Tate's Hell down South, right?!

lol....
Yes but I've heard and I stress "I've heard" (not witnessed) that they have both drasically tightened up their rules so make sure that you read up before going.
We used to have a bunch of group rides but with people going their different ways we don't really have them anymore.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

VForcedave

I don't think the forest is open to OHV's any more. Years ago I was riding a dirt bike out there and ran up on some college kids doing a study on the habitats for the land turtle poulation. Man, did I get a ration of shittz. We used to jeep and ride dirt ikes out to the sink holes but those are closed as well.

Check out the web site for the Moto Plex, Its really not that far.   
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

cybercop106

Yeah I checked out the Motoplex on-line. It looks like fun.
My favorite riding back home in MO was on federal property by the Mark Twain National Forest that was an abandoned mine complex. The feds closed it up due to ATV injuries a few years ago tho.
From what I can tell by researching fed websites on Apalachicola they tightened up the access (restricted OHVs to marked trails) but you can still ride there as long as you have a FL registration sticker. There will always be some people who don't like rec vehicles riding on public lands, but I just smile and say "Don't waste your breath whining at me.... this is legal. Call your legislator if you need to complain to someone. That's what he gets paid for."
They seldom do, because it's inconvenient. Most people only gripe at whoever is easily accessible............ 
I'll check them all out as time goes by, the Motoplex, Apalachicola, Tate's Hell, Ocala, Croom, and maybe after I've been here a while I'll meet some folks with private land to ride?! 
Well, thanks again for the info.
Sometimes paranoia is just a precautionary measure.

=============================
99 Prairie 400 4x4
01 F150 4x4

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com