Race #7 Sat July 26 Thunderbowl Speedway- RACE RESULTS ADDED

Started by HillKiller, July 16, 2008, 01:56:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillKiller

click below

www.southerndirttrackassociation.com


Please help optimize the website by adding the SDTA link to other sites you visit so we can all spread the word!

GATES OPEN- 2pm
PRACTICE- 4pm
RACING- 6pm


* Just to be sure everyone is clear the race is July 26, NOT Aug 2 as some people believe. At the Thunderbowl race July 12 during the driver's meeting in was announced that the next race would be in 2 weeks....which is July 26.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

DirtyDan

 :'(

Sorry I hurt someone's feelings. If you're going to remove my post at least send me a PM explaining why. I did not post anything negative or offensive about anyone. I just want to know if we are working in a positive direction with scheduling. Forums are a place to post thoughts and have discussions. If no one is allowed to post questions why are they here?
CRF450R
#94

stgsali

And now, for your viewing pleasure, the newest, the greatest and bestest Thunderbowl flyer!
No fruit or vegetables, throw money!!  ;D I'll be here all week!!! heh heh heh
I'm working on changing this format slightly and come up with something a bit different. I'm going to send this out to the usual court jesters.
Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

cjcracing

I know it's not a standard class but would you talk it over with Brady to see if we can add either a ladies m/c class or a 100-125 m/c class --
We ran last weekend and had a blast and was wondering if we put it on the flyers if it might catch on a little quicker?  I am doing my best to put the word out but you know how that goes -- BTW are the times the same for the 26th at Thunderbowl and have we heard anything about Auburndales every other Saturday starting Aug 2 -- Is it a go?
CJC Racing
Merritt Webb
2008 SDTA Flat Track Champion
Pee-Wee M/C and Pee-Wee Quad

fastrnrik

I updated the race times in the post above. Dave just forgot to add them in.
They are the same as the last race:
Gates Open @ 2pm
Practice @ 4pm
Racing @6pm

Speaking strictly for Thunderbowl Speedway, I have no problem running a Ladies motorcycle class. Just like any other group, if they show up we'll find a place for them to race.
Now, as far as SDTA races I don't have a problem with a womens class there either if there's enough women to race.

I don't know anything about Auburndales schedule. I am working on the Thunderbowl schedule and Dave and I are just about finished with the SDTA schedule which will include Thunderbowl and tenatively two other tracks.

-Brady

cjcracing

BRADY - You are the shiznit!!!!! Thanks soo much for making it so enjoyable for everyone to be there ----
CJC Racing
Merritt Webb
2008 SDTA Flat Track Champion
Pee-Wee M/C and Pee-Wee Quad

stgsali

At least I got it right the first time on the flyer!! ;D Sounds like Dave is slacking!!
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

HillKiller

Quote from: stgsali on July 16, 2008, 08:30:19 PM
At least I got it right the first time on the flyer!! ;D Sounds like Dave is slacking!!
Nah he's just out making money to pay the bills...and the flyer looks great!
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

HillKiller

Quote from: DirtyDan on July 16, 2008, 11:51:14 AM
:'(

Sorry I hurt someone's feelings. If you're going to remove my post at least send me a PM explaining why. I did not post anything negative or offensive about anyone. I just want to know if we are working in a positive direction with scheduling. Forums are a place to post thoughts and have discussions. If no one is allowed to post questions why are they here?
Shawn and I both agreed removal was the best action. Since you two know each other he told me he will discuss it with you. No hurt feelings here, just looking out for what's best.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

HillKiller

Quote from: cjcracing on July 16, 2008, 04:43:31 PM
I know it's not a standard class but would you talk it over with Brady to see if we can add either a ladies m/c class or a 100-125 m/c class --

Yes, consider it done!
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

WJDTRI

My apologies for thinking two weeks from the last race was Aug 2...my bad

Ward
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

Quote from: WJDTRI on July 16, 2008, 11:22:00 PM
My apologies for thinking two weeks from the last race was Aug 2...my bad

Ward
That wouldn't be the age kickin in now would it?? >:D
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

fastrnrik

Quote from: HillKiller on July 16, 2008, 10:11:16 PM
Quote from: stgsali on July 16, 2008, 08:30:19 PM
At least I got it right the first time on the flyer!! ;D Sounds like Dave is slacking!!
Nah he's just out making money to pay the bills...and the flyer looks great!

pffft.... He's already got more money than he knows what to do with.

WJDTRI

someones always gotta be HAT'N!!!!!!!  8).......definitely an age thing, but its all good
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

stgsali

Not a HAT'N thing... It's just that I have the times saved to a different spot on my electronic box. Sometimes I wonder where I'd be without my computer to save things. Speaking of electronics, with cameras going digital, I can take as many pictures as the memory card will allow, then just edit the pics before I have them printed. Before it was take several rolls of film then go have them all developed to see which ones you would have printed or turned into prints or posters. I try to take the pictures with the largest file size possible so if someone sees one that I have posted I can email to them at that size and they can either print traditional sized pictures or a poster size without a lot of graininess. I am trying to do another flyer with something different for a background besides white. I'll post it when I feel it looks right or close, then you guys can pick it apart.
Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

YamahaBabe27

Is there going to be a money class? I might be coming!!! ::)
Paige

fastrnrik

Quote from: YamahaBabe27 on July 19, 2008, 06:09:29 PM
Is there going to be a money class? I might be coming!!! ::)

Yes, we can have a money class.

YamahaBabe27

Paige

stgsali

How is the water situation? soaking the track? Hopefully, it will be dry for Sat.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

fastrnrik

Quote from: stgsali on July 24, 2008, 02:54:59 AM
How is the water situation? soaking the track? Hopefully, it will be dry for Sat.

There currently is no water situation. It rained some on Wednesday afternoon but not today. The track is fine. I will be working the track tomorrow to fix some little washouts. The track will actually need watering when I'm done.

I've got a loader and a grader out there, so if it rains we'l just work through it. 8)

WJDTRI

RACE DAY APPROACHES!!....t-minus 24 hours...& counting  8)
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

fastrnrik

No rain at the track again today. After grading it I actually had to put down about 6000 gallons. Track looks great!

stgsali

Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

Honda85


fastrnrik

Had a great night! Got done fairly early, no one got hurt, and we had some great racing.

I'll post the race results later tonight.