Jennifer Chapman - Sad News

Started by Anoriginal, July 22, 2008, 02:16:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anoriginal

I've got some very sad news to pass on. Jennifer Chapman passed away recently after losing her battle to Lou Gehrig's disease. Most of you know that we all pitched in last year to help her family have a great Christmas. She was facing forclosure at the time due to her disease and lack of work. Her ex husband was not helping her.

I've fought for her since then to keep her in her house until she passed and I am happy to say she left this world still in possession of the same. Her mother told me that having her house meant everything to her and she was so happy to be in it to the very end. Her mother told me that at the end, Jennifer was at peace and that her sufferring is now over.

Her parents have asked me to pass along their thanks to everyone who pitched in to help Jennifer. They are holding up well and know that she is in a better place.

Turboderf

WoW  iam very sorry to hear that if theres anything i can do to help please let me know she was very happy when all showed at x-mas time with all the gifts it was truely a great day my prays are out  :'(

backinsaddle

wow, that sucks.  my prayers are with her family.   Great job sticking with her over the last year Matt.  What's going to happen to the kids?

TRX450R_Racer

Man..............there is too much of this happening lately. Very sad.  :'(
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

KAW3604x4

After losing a Grandfather, Uncle, Father, and recently a Brother to the disease, I truly believe she is in a better place now. Prayers go out to her family and friends.
2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

Anoriginal

#5
Not sure what will happen to the kids. Their father has them now.

Her parents told me that everything is okay and that nothing is needed but prayers. They were adamant about sending out their thanks to everyone that helped Jennifer and her children. Jennifer really appreciated it and told me more than once just how much it meant to her.

I spent lots of time talking with her on the phone over the past year and really got to know her. Sometimes, she just needed to talk and get things off her chest. I was always glad to listen. With her disease (ALS) it was hard sometimes to keep her head up, but she was always happy and joked about her condition with me all the time. Her one and only concern was her children. She was a wonderful person and stronger than just about anyone I've ever met.

As a testament to the type of person she was, her mother told me that the last thing she asked of her parents was to forgive someone that did her wrong in the past and to move on. That's something. She was passing on and wanted to make sure people forgave one another. Amazing.

trx#9

Man thats horrible, it make you think how lucky the most of us are to be healthy. I've been down on myself lately because my business has slumped 80% this year. I should be thankful for what I still have, knowing this could be a lot worse. :(
I give you credit Matt, you did a lot for them.
"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

cheropride

Sorry to hear the news....  Life is a gift, and we are treasure everyday, we must always remember, everyday is a good day...  I feel so for the kids, I have always said it's not the one that leave us, but the ones that we leave behind.  I had never feared death, until I became a mother, because that is what would break your heart.  I pray that the kids find peace, and I am sure she is still looking over them... 
Kawi-360 4WD/Camo
Honda 400
Polaris Ranger 700XP

shortcut

So very sad, but at last she is free from the pain and agony of this dreadful disease.

Rest in peace, Jennifer

Jeff
Is this all there is ?

[url="http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg"]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6514/fmrsiggi3.jpg[/url]

Moose

It is sad to hear this.
RIP Jennifer.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

yunt2ride

Anoriginal, I want to say thank you to you for doing everything you could to let her keep her home until she passed. And thanks to everyone else who helped her kids have a great Christmas. Great job.

Jennifer    RIP
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

kawGIRL

07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

mudnuri

Wow, I am really sorry to read this. This site generated a lot of love her way. I was just talking about her yesterday and what a great group of ATV'ers and the like, did for her and her kids.
R.I.P. Jen
Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i

FishaHallic

Anoriginal, your a good man for helping her out and talking to her when she needed someone.


fdatv

So very sad to here this. I feel for the kids!
Early bird gets the worm, But the second mouse get's the cheese!

MedicMudder

I did not know her but she had very big family here,it is very sad that her kids will have to be raised without her.May she rest in peace.No longer in pain,or suffering.
Never forget 343.
2004 500 SPM
My son is a United States  Marine. :):) Semper Fidelis.
Proud member of the Mudd Butt Mafia
    VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD TO LIVE, POLITICIANS DO IT CUZ THE ENJOY IT!!!!!!

lawnman58

      wow!  so sad to hear   rest in peace  jennifer !!
cr125  yz 250  rmz 450

budman

Matt, thanks for helping her so much with her home. That is the reason I wanted her story to be told, and the reason everybody on this site as well as the other sites around, atv and others were willing to contribute. As a result, she had a very happy Christmas, and was so happy that day. I am so sorry to hear of her passing, I have seen too much of it this year, and my thoughts and prayers go out to her family.
[url="//www.rratv.net"]www.rratv.net[/url]


2005 F-150 4x4 (with NO mud on it)
2004 ATV trailer, 6' x 12'
34Qt Coleman cooler,
Case of Budweiser, "King Of Beers"
Several bungees.
00 Rancher 2x4 (mine)
05 Foreman 4x4 (not mine)
06 Recon (not mine)

TRX450R_Racer

#18
 
Quote from: budman on July 23, 2008, 01:02:21 PM
Matt, thanks for helping her so much with her home. That is the reason I wanted her story to be told, and the reason everybody on this site as well as the other sites around, atv and others were willing to contribute. As a result, she had a very happy Christmas, and was so happy that day. I am so sorry to hear of her passing, I have seen too much of it this year, and my thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

Budman if it wasn't for you her last 8 months alive would never have been as good as it was. I am very proud to have been a part of it all. Typing in this thread brings tears to my eyes.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

Turboderf

Quote from: TRX450R_Racer on July 23, 2008, 01:31:53 PM
Budman if it wasn't for you her last 8 months a live would never have been as good as it was. I am vey proud to have been a part of it all. Typing in this thread brings tears to my eyes.
Quote from: budman on July 23, 2008, 01:02:21 PM
Matt, thanks for helping her so much with her home. That is the reason I wanted her story to be told, and the reason everybody on this site as well as the other sites around, atv and others were willing to contribute. As a result, she had a very happy Christmas, and was so happy that day. I am so sorry to hear of her passing, I have seen too much of it this year, and my thoughts and prayers go out to her family.


Budman if it wasn't for you her last 8 months a live would never have been as good as it was. I am very proud to have been a part of it all. Typing in this thread brings tears to my eyes.

:Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif :Clap.gif

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com