questions about mud tires for rancher 4x4?????????????????????

Started by atvdude01, July 22, 2008, 08:12:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

what type of tires should i be getting for my honda rancher 350 4x4

Mudlites
12 (70.6%)
vamps
3 (17.6%)
gators
2 (11.8%)
bearclaws
1 (5.9%)
589's
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closes: February 07, 2106, 01:28:15 AM

atvdude01

hey i have an 05 honda rancher and im really not sure what type of tires i should be getting for it, i have read many posts but different riders lean to different choices so i am really not sure what to do about this situation??????????? =/
-Flatts-
05 honda rancher 4x4, highlifter lift kit, 25" itp mudlite XL's
98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature. [url="//www.myspace.com/crazy_b"]www.myspace.com/crazy_b[/url]

backwoods boy

my buddies got mudbugs 26'' on the same exact bike year and all last weekend at holopaw rode into a swamp and slipped in a deep hole up to his racks and it pulled out fine the mudlites are a lil better i would think for trails though
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

backwoods boy

mudbugs=gators
i had the gators on my recon and they worked good to
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

atvdude01

-Flatts-
05 honda rancher 4x4, highlifter lift kit, 25" itp mudlite XL's
98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature. [url="//www.myspace.com/crazy_b"]www.myspace.com/crazy_b[/url]

Da_Mtg_Man

It all depends on what kind of riding you do. I have 25 in mudlites on my kids Recon and it goes everywhere. We rdie in some pretty nasty stuff and every once in a while someone will have to give me a tug but the quad is so light that it pulls through pretty much anything.Not to mention, Whe you come to deep water, All you have to do is get off the quad and give it a push, It floats to the other side. ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

atvdude01

yes thats true, i definately have been looking at the mudlites because i also need something that is not wayyyyyy over my budget, the vamps were nice but they were pretty pricey n so were the mudbugs, but mudlites are the cheapest and did help me get through alot with my last atv
-Flatts-
05 honda rancher 4x4, highlifter lift kit, 25" itp mudlite XL's
98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature. [url="//www.myspace.com/crazy_b"]www.myspace.com/crazy_b[/url]

Fox17

from motosport.com the mudbugs are really cheap i believe. i was lookin at tire and wheel packages and the mudlites were more. ive personally had both. we had a rubicon with mudlites that never got stuck once while we had it and the mudbugs on a 05 rancher 4x4. the mudbigs ride a little rougher so if you do more trail riding than mudding then get the mudlites. if you do more mudding, get the mudbugs. or if you need a cheaper alternative, gators are the exact same tread pattern they just weigh a tad more. i believe theyre quite a bit cheaper though.

billabongcr

i posted in your other topic about this. if your gunna get mudlites, get mudlite XLs. i had 25in mudlites and upgraded to 26in mudlite XLs and wont go back. huge difference. i love them
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 -black
26'' Outlaws
Moose CDI
Dynojetted
Center Snorkels
HMF Exhaust

XFactor

In case you didn't know, the mudlite XL has a deeper tread pattern I believe about 1 1/4 compared to the standard mudlite being I believe 3/4. The XL starts at 26 in and up tires. The Mudlites are great tires from what I've heard. I personally ride on outlaw MST's, their version of a mud and trail tire. I couldn't be happier.

X
Team BuckedUp Mud Racing #86

Southern4x4

Eh I have mudlites on my fourtrax 300 4x4(the bike the rancher basically replaced). I like them, but my uncle had vamps on his and he would NEVER get stuck. I find the problem with mudlites is they clog up to easy and not clean out well.
[><]Southern by the grace of God[><]

Fox17

Quote from: Southern4x4 on July 22, 2008, 06:26:56 PM
Eh I have mudlites on my fourtrax 300 4x4(the bike the rancher basically replaced). I like them, but my uncle had vamps on his and he would NEVER get stuck. I find the problem with mudlites is they clog up to easy and not clean out well.

theres no question that those are better mud tires than the mud lites. the mud lites are gonna ride smoother though. he just needs to decide what he does more. more trail, mudlites, more mud, a hardcore mud tire. the hard core mud tires look better too.

billabongcr

yeah but you give up alot of other things too. top speed, ride quality, turning radius..etc. i went from my 26in mudlite XLs to my outlaws, same size..outlaws to great in the mud but i cant trail ride for ****. i loved the XLs, so im goin back
2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 -black
26'' Outlaws
Moose CDI
Dynojetted
Center Snorkels
HMF Exhaust

atvdude01

thanx everyone! based on everything here and on my other post im thinking about going with those 26 in mudlites because i dont just do mud, we do alot of trail riding also, so i would rather have a better all around tire  ;D
-Flatts-
05 honda rancher 4x4, highlifter lift kit, 25" itp mudlite XL's
98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature. [url="//www.myspace.com/crazy_b"]www.myspace.com/crazy_b[/url]

billabongcr

2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650 -black
26'' Outlaws
Moose CDI
Dynojetted
Center Snorkels
HMF Exhaust

steelheader13

I went with the Mudlite XTR's on my Can-Am and love 'em.  I do ride a lot of trails also, not just mud, so the XTR were the
right choice for me.  Very light smooth riding radials, with the bite in mud when I need it.  >:(
'08 Rhino 700 SE

Da_Mtg_Man

Quote from: steelheader13 on July 24, 2008, 05:39:31 PM
I went with the Mudlite XTR's on my Can-Am and love 'em.  I do ride a lot of trails also, not just mud, so the XTR were the
right choice for me.  Very light smooth riding radials, with the bite in mud when I need it.  >:(

I switched from 27 in Outlaws on my Foreman to 27 in XTR's and I loved them. They were great on the trails and had a real good bite in the mud.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

coolcloo1019

29.5 Outlaws lol

All kidding aside. It depends on what kind of riding do you do. On a percentage scale, how much of your riding is trail and how much is mud?
'07 Suzuki Eiger 400 Auto
UNI Filter
DynoJet Kit
Snorkeled

Fox17

Quote from: coolcloo1019 on July 25, 2008, 09:54:35 AM
29.5 Outlaws lol

All kidding aside. It depends on what kind of riding do you do. On a percentage scale, how much of your riding is trail and how much is mud?

if they made regear kits for quads id do it. it may only go 20 mph but the torque would be there and a small light bike would never get stuck.

FORD4X4GIRL

we own a 06 forman 4x4 and a 03 rancher 4x4 and both bikes had vampires on them but after seeing how our friends bike handled with the 589's we made the switch...

we ride river ranch regularly as well as holeylands ( when we could ) and bamboo and we don't ever have a problem...


I ride the forman with 589's and I LOVE THEM compaired to the Vampires I had ....
"What lies ahead and what lies behind us are only tiny matters to What Lies Within Us..."
.gif

atvdude01

really?? the 589's looked VERY similar to the mudlite XTR's but they are all very pricey =/
-Flatts-
05 honda rancher 4x4, highlifter lift kit, 25" itp mudlite XL's
98% of the teenage population will try or does smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature. [url="//www.myspace.com/crazy_b"]www.myspace.com/crazy_b[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com