Saturday, July 12th- Knobby Tire Class

Started by fastrnrik, July 07, 2008, 09:06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastrnrik

There will be a knobby tired class for quads at this Saturday's race, so come on out and give it a go.




stgsali

Hopefully the track will be hard enough not to rut up. Will make it interesting for the bikes and quads. Although, the bikes may be able to use the ruts as a berm!! :)
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

2 wheeled flat tracker

Yeah Brady if those knobby quads tear the track up you have to ride my bike in the final!!!!

stgsali

Can't handle the ruts Shawn? heh heh heh Supermoto guy is used to perfect surfaces!!! ;D
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

WJDTRI

I don t think you will see me trying to take a lap or two at Hard Rock anytime soon with my bike. I trust that Brady will keep the track in check for all of us. Knobbies on flat track......doesn t belong in my opinion, but I understand trying to open it to more riders. Hell......I don t even think front fenders are proper on flat track (sorry Shawn & Kurt) :)


Just My Humble Opinion
Ward
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

fastrnrik

I knew this would come up.

I plan to keep the track as smooth as possible for the bike guys.

Keep in mind that the track hasn't been run on or maintained and has been sitting in the weather for over 6 months, so I'm not really sure exactly how the racing surface will react. Heck, a couple of weeks ago it had grass growing on it. It takes time and running for tracks to compact and develop, so it will be interesting to see how it reacts throughout the nights racing. We will do everything possible to keep a good, raceable surface.

-Brady

WJDTRI

I guess we survived the "knobby" HORROR!!!!!!   ;)

SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com