official closure

Started by brett711, June 28, 2008, 02:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brett711

2007 honda rancher

Justardnck

It sucks, although I've never been to any of those places I remember when I was thrown out of Okeechobee Woods and The Towers up here in Palm Beach. Both places were a blast, what makes me mad about them was they had the same or similar reasons for closing them. The said Okeechobee Woods was the water catchman area for the West Palm drinking water... this is the same place that now has a Target, a strip mall,a GAS STATION and other environmentally sensitive buildings on them   :-\

digginfool

I find the last sentence very interesting.  It is precisely what I predicted several months ago; there will be an out-right ban of at least a couple years followed by a strictly controlled re-introduction of riding into the area, most likely utilizing quotas and heavy fees.  I was a bit surprised at the leniency in the fines; $61.00 won't exactly be much of a deterent and the $500.00 maximum probably wouldn't be imposed by any but the strictest of judges.  So long Holey Lands.  You will be missed.   :'(
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

cg54329

well i guess street riding is back in the picture

Anoriginal

Always sad when a riding area is lost. Even more sad when the closure was brought on by a very specific type/group of riders. Reality is smacking us in the face again. But, to point fingers wouldn't be politically correct.

jrpro130

Quote from: Anoriginal on June 28, 2008, 07:40:41 PM
Always sad when a riding area is lost. Even more sad when the closure was brought on by a very specific type/group of riders. Reality is smacking us in the face again. But, to point fingers wouldn't be politically correct.

I'll come right out and say who got it shut down.  The people on stolen bikes, improper use of flags, reckless driving...etc, etc, etc.


Or was it the atrocious amount of garbage and beer cans? Or the disrespect of the land?

:( I hate that it is closed down, but I stopped riding there months ago.  I can't deal with all the disorderly people and getting rocks flown at my truck...not to mention there is a rut where someone got stuck that shouldn't be out there every 2 ft.
08 Brute 750
Snorkel/Radiator Relocated, 29.5's, Muzzy, PCIII, UNI, and a few other custom mods

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com