2008 SDTA Race Calendar- NEW!! Thunderbowl added

Started by HillKiller, April 19, 2008, 04:54:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillKiller

1. Crossroads Motorplex Jasper Fl.  1/4 mile
Saturday Feb 29, 7pm.
-no points, just money.

2. Auburndale Speedway Auburndale Fl.  1/5 mile
Saturday April 19, 12 noon.
-points.

3. Ocala Speedway Ocala, Fl. 3/8 mile
Saturday May 17, 2008.
Gates open 10am, practice 12pm, racing 2pm.
-points will accrue, money classes TBD.

4. Sumter County Fairgrounds Webster Fl. 1/4 mile oval   www.sumterracing.com
May 24, 2008 Sat time 12pm
$500 Quad and $500 Motorcycle Class in addition to all regular classes!

5.Crossroads Motorplex Jasper Fl.  1/4 mile oval
June 21, 2008.
-racing at 7pm.
-points will accrue.

6. Auburndale Speedway  Winter Haven, Fl. 1/5 mile oval
Sat July 5, 2008. 
-racing at 6pm.
-points will accrue, money classes TBD.
-gates will be open at 4pm Friday for open practice 5-8 pm, cost $10.
-free camping with security on duty.

7. Thunderbowl Speedway Ocala, Fl. 1/4 mile oval
Sat July 12, 2008 
-racing at 6pm.
-points will accrue.


8. Date and Location TBA

Please visit www.southerndirttrackassociation.com for all race event info.

This calendar is a work in progress and may change. Please check back here regularly.
For addtl info call 813-625-6932
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

YamahaBabe27

Dang I dont think Im ever going to race  :(
Paige

stgsali

Anymore news on what is going on with the schedule? I can make up another flyer with all the dates on it so it can be posted for the riders meeting. Any help I can be!
Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

HillKiller

Quote from: stgsali on May 05, 2008, 11:33:06 PM
Anymore news on what is going on with the schedule? I can make up another flyer with all the dates on it so it can be posted for the riders meeting. Any help I can be!
Richard
I have been on the phone with Jasper and he is ready to host another race, maybe a two day event. Also I have to follow up with Eastbay tomorrow on insurance issues so give me another day or two and I should have some direction a to say for certain what is next. In the meantime I have been on the phone with another track owner. This group wants us at their track for a Saturday night event Memorial Day weekend. The track is in Sumter County but it's not the Fruitland Park track. It is currently a 1/5 mile oval but they are supposed to be lengthening the track now to a 1/4 mile and plan to have it ready by  May 24. Again insurance for us is the snag and the owner is trying to get us covered. As of now he is only insured for karts. :(   If this falls through then we will probably book Jasper the first weekend of June.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

LostCause

Let me know if you need any help with the insurance.  I talked to our insurance and I dont think there is a proplem with me pulling it.  I just need time to take pictures and fill out all the paperwork
We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ

Honda85

  Just to let you know there will be some riders that will be gone Memorial Day weekend. Maybe alot of people may have plans to go away then.

cjcracing

Hey Guys -- I have posted the website address and schedule on Merritt's website.  We have had post cards made up so that we have something to pass around!  Can't wait to get the flat track going again!!!!
She is anxious to race again and again -- Well y'all know how she is !! Jumping up and down impatiently!!
Hope to see you all on the 17th!
Jeff Tonya and Merritt
CJC Racing
Merritt Webb
2008 SDTA Flat Track Champion
Pee-Wee M/C and Pee-Wee Quad

HillKiller

Scroll up to the calendar and check out race #4! More info will be posted in the next few days.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

cjcracing

Are they going to have youth and peewee classes???? Also, are they only running Harley's on the Motorcycle Flat Track or will they have the smaller classes 100 125 etc?
CJC Racing
Merritt Webb
2008 SDTA Flat Track Champion
Pee-Wee M/C and Pee-Wee Quad

fastrnrik

Again, this is a normal SDTA race with all of our normal rules and classes, including pee wee's and motorcycles. We will do everything the same, regardless of other events at the facility.

cjcracing

CJC Racing
Merritt Webb
2008 SDTA Flat Track Champion
Pee-Wee M/C and Pee-Wee Quad

HillKiller

Quote from: cjcracing on May 19, 2008, 03:06:00 PM
any news on auburndale?
You probably already know by now the next Auburndale race is Sat July 5, green flag at 6pm.
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

Tecatematt

So is the june race for thunderbowl happening or not?
[url="http://www.llpropertyinvestmentgroup.com/"]http://www.llpropertyinvestmentgroup.com/[/url]

85 Tecate (working on it!)
86 350x (restoring)
86 Tri-z rolling chassis

derek330

Quote from: Tecatematt on May 29, 2008, 04:06:28 PM
So is the june race for thunderbowl happening or not?

thats the werd.... :ThumbsUp.gif
2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.

Tecatematt

sweet what's the date so I can put time in for work so I can be sure to be off?
[url="http://www.llpropertyinvestmentgroup.com/"]http://www.llpropertyinvestmentgroup.com/[/url]

85 Tecate (working on it!)
86 350x (restoring)
86 Tri-z rolling chassis

fastrnrik

Quote from: Tecatematt on May 29, 2008, 07:02:48 PM
sweet what's the date so I can put time in for work so I can be sure to be off?

Date will be announced in a day or so.

stgsali

This Can be printed to put on a class board or window at registration.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

stgsali

Updated schedule flyer. When Dave and or Brady give me more dates I will up date as needed. Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

supervcycle

since were racing in jasper on the 21st will the 7th race be changed to the thunderbowl if the track is ready?

super nate
affordable sportsman repair and high performance! 813-417-8829
deo vindice

HillKiller

Quote from: supervcycle on June 10, 2008, 12:10:51 AM
since were racing in jasper on the 21st will the 7th race be changed to the thunderbowl if the track is ready?

super nate
Yes that is very likely...
[url="//www.southerndirttrackassociation.com"]www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com[/url]

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines


  Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here

stgsali

Dave and Brady, I'll add Thunderbowl to the big schedule. I'll get it done tomorrow. Brady, give me all the info you have or want on a flyer for T-bowl and I will get it worked up for ya. I've got some pictures from T-bowl that I will put on it too. Trying to be of some help.
Richard
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

stgsali

I know, A day late but it is done.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

fastrnrik

Quote from: stgsali on June 25, 2008, 06:40:57 PM
I know, A day late but it is done.

Slacker motorcycle guy..... probably been out drinkin' and terrorizing old ladies instead of working on the flyer.

stgsali

Slacker? Sheesh, I did get it done. And this is coming from a guy that needs 2 extra wheels to race!!! Although the drinking and terrorizing old ladies would be more fun. Didn't see Jennifer around to terrorize.
Photographs, Number-plate designs, Logos

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

WJDTRI

he says...."probably been out drinkin' and terrorizing old ladies instead of working on the flyer".....like its a bad thing????
SOUTHERN DIRT TRACK ASSOCIATION
2008 SDTA Vintage Class State Champion
Sponsors: Cahill's Yamaha Tampa/Rogue Amusements Tarpon Springs/Express Cigars Tarpon Springs/Vintage Hotshoe/Pit Posse Motorcycle Accessories/Triple T Ministries Racing
[url="http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos"]http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=694750372&v=photos[/url]