Just Had Surgery !!

Started by MudMan, June 23, 2008, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MudMan

I just had my ACL replaced and part of my meniscus taken out.  Has anyone had this procedure done and/or does anyone know how much rehab I'm looking at. 
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

Da_Mtg_Man

#1
1 reconstruct and 3 scopes on my knees.
The reconstruct you will be slow for 3 months but you need to get into PT immediately. The scopes are nothing, I was out on the boat the following weekend. Keep in mind that the Percocets helped me be able to take the bumps of the waves. ;)
Did the DR give you the ice water machine to pump cold water around your knee? If so, Use it, It makes a HUGE difference in the swelling.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

GrizzlyGator

My son who will be senior next year....just had is ACL,MCL & PCL damaged in his spring football game...doing pre-surgery therapy right now....hopefully surgery next week. 

MudMan

Quote from: Da_Mtg_Man on June 23, 2008, 02:20:58 PM
1 reconstruct and 3 scopes on my knees.
The reconstruct you will be slow for 3 months but you need to get into PT immediately. The scopes are nothing, I was out on the boat the following weekend. Keep in mind that the Percocets helped me be able to take the bumps of the waves. ;)
Did the DR give you the ice water machine to pump cold water around your knee? If so, Use it, It makes a HUGE difference in the swelling.

I had my surgery on June 10th.  Ya they gave me the cold water pump thing.  It was nice.  They had me bring it back already though.  The swelling is gone.  I start PT tomorrow.  And the doc renewed my prescription for percocet and smiled and told me I was going to need it.  I'm VERY active so this is killing me.
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

561rincon

yeh had it done 3 times, most recent the put achilles tendon as replacment and has been great. 5 monthes rehab for me
05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i

MudMan

Quote from: 561rincon on June 23, 2008, 02:51:04 PM
yeh had it done 3 times, most recent the put achilles tendon as replacment and has been great. 5 monthes rehab for me

damn, i hope im not out 5 months
2006 Honda Foreman
26 inch swamp lites
ITP black series 7 rims
Triangle snorkel
Custom Waterproof Stereo

:::LET IT EAT:::

1FasterBlaster

   Sometimes longer. Most surgeries take about 5 to 8 months. I just had neck surgery in March, still recovering. Good luck, hope you have cable!!LOL

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com