Geico sucks!!

Started by 1FasterBlaster, June 16, 2008, 05:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheelie_boy

Quote from: gtnwood on June 18, 2008, 05:31:05 PM
Oh God......not a Michael sleeper fan ;D

I wasnt really interested in him either, however the movie will make you want to kill all insurance companies.
05 kx 250f

1FasterBlaster

   I was being over dramatic, I didn't pay anything close to $36,000.. But it sure feels like it. Now, to see how bad the Lawyer rapes me!!

JackL

So you gave them $3,000 over three years and they paid for $40,000 worth of surgery?
It seems like they don't suck that bad to me.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

1FasterBlaster

#28
   They didn't pay for the surgery, the other drivers insur. paid for it, so Geico didn't give me shizzit!!  All the pain and suffering, loss wages and bills that backed up being out of work equals more than $20,000.
   They covered nothing and refused to. It isn't like I get into an accident every year. This is my first in 38 years.

miker

Ask anyone in the auto body industry, myself included, State Farm is the BEST auto insurance to have.  The other companies don't even come close.

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: miker on June 19, 2008, 01:52:48 PM
Ask anyone in the auto body industry, myself included, State Farm is the BEST auto insurance to have.  The other companies don't even come close.

I second that!!!!!!!!  :ThumbsUp.gif :Clap.gif
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

JackL

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on June 19, 2008, 01:37:35 PM
   They didn't pay for the surgery, the other drivers insur. paid for it, so Geico didn't give me shizzit!!  All the pain and suffering, loss wages and bills that backed up being out of work equals more than $20,000.
   They covered nothing and refused to. It isn't like I get into an accident every year. This is my first in 38 years.

I was confused because you were talking about being denied 'uninsured motorist' money, I assumed you were in a collision with an uninsured motorist. It would seem to me all of the things you listed should be covered by the at fault driver and his insurance company. I don't see why Geico should be liable for your pain and suffering, lost wages or your living expenses. It isn't their fault this guy hit you, and they were not insuring you against this type of loss.

I pretty sure the person at fault is liable for all of this, even if it exceeds their policy limits. Good luck.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

NYRAPTOR

i've been with state farm for about 15 years now. from new york to florida i kept them. car and home owners insurance. they even kept the house i am trying to sell insured for 700 a year plus the house i'm in now is like 1200 a year. CHEAP! check out state farm scratchup.

1FasterBlaster

   Uninsured motorist is something you pay for to cover expenses that exceed the other drivers coverage. That's why they don't give it to you, because they know they'll have to fork out $20,000.. You have to specifically request it. What, do you work for them or something? Hell yeah, I like to get relief. What the hell do you think insurance is for, to fix the dayum car?

JackL

Quote from: ScratchupBangupBoy on June 19, 2008, 10:06:49 PM
   Uninsured motorist is something you pay for to cover expenses that exceed the other drivers coverage. That's why they don't give it to you, because they know they'll have to fork out $20,000.. You have to specifically request it. What, do you work for them or something? Hell yeah, I like to get relief. What the hell do you think insurance is for, to fix the dayum car?

I'm just a satisfied customer. If I worked for them I would know all about insurance. In my case insurance is what I need to have a tag and to protect other drivers from me according to state law.
Any injuries or damage that happen to me I would eat entirely, fortunately that hasn't happened yet.
Maybe I should get uninsured motorist.
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

1FasterBlaster

  If the driver that hits you has no insurance, it pays up to whatever coverage you ask. In my case $20,000. is what I would get. It's very good to have when medical bills and loss wages affect you from injuries. I had 2 herniated disc and muscle tears in my neck, 2 herniated disc in my lower back, and 2 torn ligaments in my wrist. The neck surgery alone was hell.
   I couldn't work for 7 months, and even when I went back, I was in some pain.

IXIswamperIXI

Not to change the subject but this is a good article on insurance companies steering
http://www.vehicleinfo.com/AutoMuse/?p=301
I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

IXIswamperIXI

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

JackL

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on June 20, 2008, 07:55:21 PM
more reading
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/geico.htm


WOW, good reading right there.

My favorite ripoffs: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/esurance.html
Think State Farm is OK, haha, they have four separate sections there and one long auto insurance legacy. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/statefarm_auto.html


It has been said happy customers rarely complain, just mad ones.....


The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

IXIswamperIXI

Quote from: JackL on June 21, 2008, 07:08:13 AM
Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on June 20, 2008, 07:55:21 PM
more reading
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/geico.htm


WOW, good reading right there.

My favorite ripoffs: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/esurance.html
Think State Farm is OK, haha, they have four separate sections there and one long auto insurance legacy. http://www.consumeraffairs.com/insurance/statefarm_auto.html


It has been said happy customers rarely complain, just mad ones.....




I like the one about the tech who worked for a Geico shop and he was saying how they operate LOL

"Kirk of North Port FL (02/08/08)
I am a collision tech in Florida at a Geico shop. Geico is almost always there to write estimates for their customers who have a collision.They want the repairs done in half the time it should take (think you're going to get quality repair).Geico wants to put after market (junk) parts even on a new car that will void the warranty.Their writers don't have any idea how to repair a car the right way, and they pay techs very little to fix them.

Geico only wants to keep from paying out.They will cheat anyone for $$. "

I told my wife that a husband is like a fine wine; he gets better with age. The next day, she locked me in the cellar.

JackL

Quote from: IXIswamperIXI on June 21, 2008, 08:57:10 AM

I like the one about the tech who worked for a Geico shop and he was saying how they operate LOL

"Kirk of North Port FL (02/08/08)
I am a collision tech in Florida at a Geico shop. Geico is almost always there to write estimates for their customers who have a collision.They want the repairs done in half the time it should take (think you're going to get quality repair).Geico wants to put after market (junk) parts even on a new car that will void the warranty.Their writers don't have any idea how to repair a car the right way, and they pay techs very little to fix them.

Geico only wants to keep from paying out.They will cheat anyone for $$. "





LOL, this one was my favorite.

Tom of Huntsville, AL (02/27/06)
I have been covered by GEICO automobile insurance since 1996 and have never had an accident or filed an insurance claim in my life.

I was caught in a hail storm and after the storm passed my passenger and I inspected the car. There were dozens of chips in the paint down to the primer all over the car, with the hood suffering the most. Fortunately there did not seem to be any dents, just the chips.

I contacted GEICO and started the claims process. I was able to provide a copy of the NWS's severe thunderstorm warning and the local storm reports from emergency management offices regarding large hail.  GEICO interviewed me on the phone, and also interviewed my passenger to verify my account, then scheduled me to see an adjuster.

The adjuster looked at my car for 10 seconds and said the chips could not possibly be hail damage and the only way to repair it would be to file a separate claim for each panel of the car.  I have a $500 deductible, and the only panel that would cost more than $500 to fix would be the hood at $641.

He advised me to either drop the claim completely, or to just file a claim on the hood to save the $141.  He said I could also request a bottle of the mixed paint to manually touch-up the other panels of the car!
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

1FasterBlaster

   You should've seen the look on their face when they saw my Tahoe and all the aftermarket items on it. They were trying to get me to sign the release the next day. I was like F_uck you!! Your not touching my truck until I strip it. With everything on it, they were only going to give me $6000. for a 99 fully customized.
   I'll try to post pics of what it looked like after I gave it to them. A member from here-sorry, I forgot his name- helped me strip it. They were pissed because they wanted all the mods. The only thing original were the seats and carpet. But I still lost out big time since I paid $16,500. for it, then another $9000. in modifications.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com