Prayer works people

Started by yunt2ride, June 12, 2008, 11:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yunt2ride

Last Saturday we were out in the boat and my son TJ slipped off the tube and landed in the water. He could not move his legs and was complaining of his back and legs hurting him badly. Well, I finally got him in the boat and called the ambulance to meet us at the dock. They called for another ambulance because they didn't want to move him because of the way that he was complaining. They also had stat flight on the way as they thought that he may have a spinal injury. They flew him out and when they did a cat scan he showed no injuries and could finally move. The next morning he was up walking and has been in super shape ever since. I was steadily praying they he would not have any injuries and my prayers were answered. I have never been so scared in my entire life. TJ is ready for the tube again. What can you do, we can't keep them in a bubble. Remember prayer works.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

bignickwaite

amen ...glad to hear hes doing good
[url="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg"]http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/bignickwaite/?action=view&current=bikes008.jpg[/url]

NYRAPTOR


Da_Mtg_Man

FLORIDA MUD RIDER

big-daddy

 :ThumbsUp.gif :ThumbsUp.gif Thats great news Tony
I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member

renmus


yunt2ride

Thanks everyone. The doctors do not know what happened but about 4 hours after the accident he came up to his room and was out of the neck brace and off the backboard. They said that he may show some signs of bruising internally, but nothing there either.


I know what happened.  ;D ;D
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

digginfool

Quote from: yunt2ride on June 12, 2008, 02:00:29 PM
Thanks everyone. The doctors do not know what happened but about 4 hours after the accident he came up to his room and was out of the neck brace and off the backboard. They said that he may show some signs of bruising internally, but nothing there either.


I know what happened.  ;D ;D

Yeah, kick that little hypochondriac's butt for scaring you like that!   ;)
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading". --Thomas Jefferson

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves ... a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."

susieblazer

amen to that .........especially a good thing you did not do further damages by moving him without medical supervision..........he can enjoy the summer now...
2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy

yunt2ride

Quote from: susieblazer on June 12, 2008, 06:10:48 PM
amen to that .........especially a good thing you did not do further damages by moving him without medical supervision..........he can enjoy the summer now...


Yea, thats what I was concerned about but I had to get him in the boat. I think if it ever happens again, I will deflate the tube, put it under him and then blow it back up. I keep the air compressor im the boat at all times.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Fox17

Quote from: yunt2ride on June 12, 2008, 06:38:04 PM
Quote from: susieblazer on June 12, 2008, 06:10:48 PM
amen to that .........especially a good thing you did not do further damages by moving him without medical supervision..........he can enjoy the summer now...


Yea, thats what I was concerned about but I had to get him in the boat. I think if it ever happens again, I will deflate the tube, put it under him and then blow it back up. I keep the air compressor im the boat at all times.

thats a great example of Gods greatness. He has answered many of my prayers too.

i have to ask one question though, why have the air tank in the boat? i mean, it would be good to use if something like that happened again but what did you use it for before that?

yunt2ride

Quote from: Fox17 on June 12, 2008, 11:11:55 PM
Quote from: yunt2ride on June 12, 2008, 06:38:04 PM
Quote from: susieblazer on June 12, 2008, 06:10:48 PM
amen to that .........especially a good thing you did not do further damages by moving him without medical supervision..........he can enjoy the summer now...


Yea, thats what I was concerned about but I had to get him in the boat. I think if it ever happens again, I will deflate the tube, put it under him and then blow it back up. I keep the air compressor im the boat at all times.

thats a great example of Gods greatness. He has answered many of my prayers too.

i have to ask one question though, why have the air tank in the boat? i mean, it would be good to use if something like that happened again but what did you use it for before that?


Its not an air tank. Its a 12 volt compressor used to blow up tubes and floats and stuff. You plug it into a cigarette lighter that we have in the boat. Blows it up quick also. Its pretty small so storing it is not a problem.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

VForcedave

Great News. Thank God for that. I pull my boys on tubes, wake boards whatever and they want to do all the high flying, break neck kind of stuff. They do not have a clue. Its something like this that reminds us parents that we are in control and need to do our best to protect the little booger pickers from killing themselves.

I thank you for posting this and maybe it will save another child from the same thing. 
2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.

KAW3604x4

That's great, Yunt. Glad he is ok!!
2007 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L FX4 w/Tow Command
09 Suzuki King Quad 750 Rockstar 4X4 27" ITP Mud Lites
[url="http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif"]http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1497/fmrsmall2oi6.gif[/url]

yunt2ride

Quote from: VForcedave on June 13, 2008, 10:05:21 AM
Great News. Thank God for that. I pull my boys on tubes, wake boards whatever and they want to do all the high flying, break neck kind of stuff. They do not have a clue. Its something like this that reminds us parents that we are in control and need to do our best to protect the little booger pickers from killing themselves.

I thank you for posting this and maybe it will save another child from the same thing. 

Gotta be careful, the only thing is that I had already slowed down and he was wanting me to pick up the speed. Couldn't hardly be more careful then I was at the time he slipped off. He just slipped off and must have not been prepared for it and twisted his back somehow. I have slung him off the tube and slid him 20 or more feet on top of the water with no problems, and the one time he slips off, he hurts himself. He is ready to try it again this weekend but I won't be doing anything other then pulling him straight for a few weeks. He won't like that.
1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo

Da_Mtg_Man

My kids are the same way, They love the tube and the kneeboard. This is the exact reason why we have 3 kids. If by chance we lose one in a tubing accident then we still have 2 more..... ;D
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

JayDawg

I am glad to hear that the Lord kept your son safe and healed him of any injuries. I also know what you mean about prayer too because I have seen it work many times where the doctors were left baffled because they had already given up hope.
God bless you and your family for your testimony that you shared!
Jay
05' YFZ 450
White and Red
Pulse Charger, ESR intake, X Factor pro peg nerf bars, IMS heel guards, Trailtech fat bars, Alba bumper, Noss machine inspection plugs, assorted chrome pieces with more stuff to be added soon in addition to a few other performance parts...

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com