Gas to much to Ride

Started by Turboderf, June 09, 2008, 08:34:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turboderf

At what point is gas cost to much to go riding :ThumbsDown.gif  just wanted to hear what you guys think  :drive.gif

Mudneck

$10 a gallon to ride....Why not. I just put 250 gal of that $4 gas in the boat before 4th July, or worse Hurricane:o Thinking islands run,Bahamas .Its got to be $7-8 over in Marsh Harbour. As soon as my buddy gets back I will know for sure.
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

TRX450R_Racer

Never too much to go have fun. When you go you need to stay longer. You just can't go as often.
Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

JackL

Everything will be fine, I just developed a synthetic zero emission fuel that is equivalent to about 100 octane gasoline and only costs $0.85 a gallon to make at home, but I seem to have misplaced the formula right now. I will look for it latter if I have some time. ;)
The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do.

FoxHondaRider

I will always go riding but it will just be slowed down with higher prices as in not going as much.  When it was about $2.15 - $3.20 I would ride just about every weekend and gas seemed to last so long.  Since it hit around $3.75 I had to start paying for gas to get out to Croom and then to fill up my tank so now i've been going riding twice a month if i'm lucky.  I will still ride once a month at $5 a gallon.  Wheres the E85 stations when you need them.  I can run my 400ex on E85 and then i could get higher compression because E85 is like 102 octane i think.
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

renmus

Quote from: JackL on June 09, 2008, 09:08:08 PM
Everything will be fine, I just developed a synthetic zero emission fuel that is equivalent to about 100 octane gasoline and only costs $0.85 a gallon to make at home, but I seem to have misplaced the formula right now. I will look for it latter if I have some time. ;)


Please change your sign in name.  McGuyver would be good for you.  (old show, dont know if you will get the reference....)

klutchbuster400

Quote from: renmus on June 09, 2008, 11:09:02 PM
Quote from: JackL on June 09, 2008, 09:08:08 PM
Everything will be fine, I just developed a synthetic zero emission fuel that is equivalent to about 100 octane gasoline and only costs $0.85 a gallon to make at home, but I seem to have misplaced the formula right now. I will look for it latter if I have some time. ;)


Please change your sign in name.  McGuyver would be good for you.  (old show, dont know if you will get the reference....)
I heard he made it out a paper clip, a straw, and some pre-chewed gum.

FoxHondaRider

run everything off moonshine which is legal if you purify it and consider it E85.  I read up on it and as long as it "E85 or ethanol" and will be used for fuel its fine.  I thought about it but I dont know how to get the stuff to make it
2004 Honda 400EX
If you can beat me i'll tell you whats done

Fox17

i think if youre gonna spend that kind of $ on a bike you can pay for the gas. i paid 3k for my CRF so ill ride it until it or me dies (or i sell it and get another one).

550superquad

Quote from: bushwacker on June 09, 2008, 08:54:46 PM
$10 a gallon to ride....Why not. I just put 250 gal of that $4 gas in the boat before 4th July, or worse Hurricane:o Thinking islands run,Bahamas .Its got to be $7-8 over in Marsh Harbour. As soon as my buddy gets back I will know for sure.
$ 8.50 gallon  :'( at rosies on grand island next to walkers  300 gallon tank  :o sure was expensive to fish
3 days  8)
1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

Mudneck

Ouch Ive been to Rosies,Camped out on the private island where Nixons place is.Love that Mantanilla  ;)  $8.50 the locals must be dying over there. I cant imagine all there business (us) pouring over there on weekends like the good ole days.DId they re-do the Walkers hotel? Is the check in still @ airport?
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

raca65

WHO DO WE HAVE TO THANK LOOK AT IT FROM THIS ANGLE NOT THAT THIS HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS POST JUST STUPID PEOPLE AND THE HOLY DOLLAR AND GREED THAT DOES IT.....ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY......TIME TO REVOLT...




Subject: Think about it...

The OPEC minister may look you in the eye and say,
  "We are at war with you infidels and have been since
  the embargo in the 1970s. You are so arrogant you
  haven't even recognized it. You have more missiles,
  bombs, and technology; so we are fighting with the
  best weapon we have and extracting on a net basis
  about $700 billion/year out of your economy. We will
  destroy you! Death to the infidels!
   While I am here I would like to thank you for the
following: Not developing your 250-300 year supply of oil
shale and tar sands. we know if you did this, it
would create thousands of jobs for U.S. citizens,
expand your engineering capabilities, and keep the
wealth in the U.S. instead of sending it to usto
finance our war against you infidels.

    Thanks for limiting defense dept. purchases of
oil sands from your neighbors to the north. We love
it when you confuse your allies.

      Thanks for over regulating every segment of your
economy and thus delaying, by decades, the
development of alternate fuel technologies.

    Thanks for limiting drilling off your coasts, in
  Alaska , and anywhere there is an insect, bird, fish, or
plant that might be inconvenienced. Better that your
people suffer. Glad to see our lobbying efforts have
been so effective.

    Corn based Ethanol. Praise Allah for this sham
program! Perhaps you will destroy yourself from the
inside with theses types of policies. This is a gift
from Allah, praise hisname! We never would have
thought of this one! This is better than when you
pay your farmers NOT TO GROW FOOD. Have them use
more energy to create less energy, and
simultaneously drive up food prices.
Thank you U.S. Congress!

   And finally, we appreciate you letting us fleece
you without end. You will be glad to know we have
been accumulating shares in your banks, real estate,
and publicly held companies. We also finance a good
portion of your debt and now manipulate your
markets, currency, and economies for our benefit.

      THANK YOU AMERICA !"
 


 







 




550superquad

Quote from: bushwacker on June 10, 2008, 08:13:47 AM
Ouch Ive been to Rosies,Camped out on the private island where Nixons place is.Love that Mantanilla  ;)  $8.50 the locals must be dying over there. I cant imagine all there business (us) pouring over there on weekends like the good ole days.DId they re-do the Walkers hotel? Is the check in still @ airport?
walkers still closed  airstrip & customs still there though rosie did build some more rooms  ;D but we have a house on grand  ;)
1985 huffy girls bike
green with white stripes on the chaingaurd
mid-level ape hangers with green glitter grips & white plastic woven handlebar basket
one mirror,whip flag & thumb bell on handle bar's 
extra long Bannana Seat

Mudneck

And finally, we appreciate you letting us fleece
you without end. You will be glad to know we have
been accumulating shares in your banks, real estate,
and publicly held companies. We also finance a good
portion of your debt and now manipulate your
markets, currency, and economies for our benefit.



LOL WITH ALL OUR OWN MONEY TOO! :o
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

rdm225

You hit the nail on the head bush ,  but you forgot to mention immigration ,weak dollar,sluggish economy
this country is going to be a 3rd world sh*t hole soon

Mudneck

Immigration touchy subject here ;) :o But yeppper

this country is going to be a 3rd world sh*t hole soon

IT IS

I think we need to CUT OFF funding to the rest of the world effective immediately & get back to the Strong economic & Super power we once were!

God Bless America & all of us were gonna need it ???
[url="http://mudneck.com/home.html"]http://mudneck.com/home.html[/url]

trx#9

I found a cheap way to ride  ;)
















"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!

TRX450R_Racer

Member of South East Florida Trail Riders

Life's to short, wear a helmet.
Dress for the crash, not for the ride.
Ripped off by Brandon George.

EigerGuy

hell as it is now its too much for me 2 drive out and go ride, if i had a newer truck that was more gas efficent i prob. wouldnt complain. but since i drive a 350 carbed truck that mofo sucks gas like u wouldnt beleave
02-05 Eiger Lift Kits Availabe PMME, i also think they will fit the 06 and 07

05 Eiger
06 Raptor 700R

MustRead
[url="http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254"]http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,31593.msg374254.html#msg374254[/url]

backwoods boy

Quote from: FoxHondaRider on June 09, 2008, 11:45:38 PM
run everything off moonshine which is legal if you purify it and consider it E85.  I read up on it and as long as it "E85 or ethanol" and will be used for fuel its fine.  I thought about it but I dont know how to get the stuff to make it
sweet im movin to georgia i could go a week on $10 worth 5 for the car 5 for me :drive.gif :drink.gif
NObama08 '' nigga please its the WHITE house''
LIVE FAST-PLAY HARD-DIE LAUGHING

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com