Florida is growing !

Started by J.D., April 22, 2005, 10:11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J.D.

On the news last night as I was going to sleep , I heard something about FL , TX , CA are the fastest growing states in the country . Something was said in 5 years population in florida will surpass new york city .  I wonder why the state is slow to get the riding areas .... are they just waiting us out .I guess once we pass new yoprk in population we will be known as the Big Bannana . Welcome to Florida ....our nations largest city ....hope you enjoy your stay . Just stay out of our woods ..the coons and bums need a place to sleep without being bothered .Got to keep a clean image you know . "Thats it .... 10 years and I am outta here ."
Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...

o4250

Naples florida is the 2nd fastest growing city in the US >:(


I put the mad face because 20 years ago it was A small town, and was cheap!!!!!


There is no way in Hell that when I graduate high shcool and get my job going (real job) I will be able to afford to live here :( My mom and dad bought A lot for 22,000 in 2001 and it now goes for 180,000  :o

Da_Mtg_Man

#2
As you can tell by my screen name that I am in the mortgage industry, There was an article in the investor monthly magazine that said out of the top 25 most desirable cities to live in the U.S, Florida has 10 of them.
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

Moose

#3
I grew up in St. Pete, and I remember when..........

There were even woods with trees and all to play in.  ;D

All gone now.  >:(

Used to hang out where Saw Grass Lake area is now. I watched the interstate being built, rode my 10 speed on it before cars did. From Park Blvd. to 54th Ave. N. I would hit speeds of 40 mph or more I'm sure. At least they saved a small piece of it at Saw Grass.
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

BCConviber

Yeah, I remember when... I grew up riding ATCs.... on land that is now the Sawgrass Expressway in Broward! I hate this place...
2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**

kawGIRL

I thought Jupiter was #2?  I work there and just driving to work is a pain, used to be a 1 horse town, grew up here and it was always out of the way from everything.  WHAT HAPPEN?

We were just discussing that very thing, selling out and paying off everything and moving to ? NC ?, don't know.  But I do know once I sell here in Palm Beach Co. I can't afford to relocate around here.  >:(  It's hard to give up a job of 19 years and my family  ???  But I could be dept free and $$ in my pocket to go to the mountains
(but it is cold there  :().  









Or we could all get together and buy a small country somewhere in South America and make up our own laws
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

dirty2

were is your freedom   [smiley=angry2.gif]

NYRAPTOR

did they say that fl's population would surpass nyc? thats something to think about. nyc is a couple miles wide and only 15-20 miles long. there are 8,085,742 people on that little island. the whole state is only 11 million more. o.k., picture this. there are 15 million people in florida. now imagine 8 million of them living in south beach!! :o by the way regular gas in new york is around 2.60 a gallon [smiley=Shocked.gif].

4xPlay

QuoteOn the news last night as I was going to sleep , I heard something about FL , TX , CA are the fastest growing states in the country . Something was said in 5 years population in florida will surpass new york city .  I wonder why the state is slow to get the riding areas .... are they just waiting us out .I guess once we pass new yoprk in population we will be known as the Big Bannana . Welcome to Florida ....our nations largest city ....hope you enjoy your stay . Just stay out of our woods ..the coons and bums need a place to sleep without being bothered .Got to keep a clean image you know . "Thats it .... 10 years and I am outta here ."

10 YEARS..........I'm outta here in the next 1-2 years,hopefully closer to 1.......wow in 10 years I'd hat to see this place!
'05 Grizzly,29.5x12x12 outlaws,Gorilla axles,2in. lift,maxxis 8 spoke wheels,lift springs(highlifter),1in widetrac spacers in front,k&n,prefilter,super trapp,dynojet,Power
Now,Warn 2.5,all brushed alum. bash plates(yamaha),custom graphics,self leveling beverage holder.

2001 Road King Clas

4xPlay

QuoteAs you can tell by my screen name that I am in the mortgage industry, There was an article in the investor monthly magazine that said out of the top 25 most desirable cities to live in the U.S, Florida has 10 of them.

Glad you cleared that up(your screen name),I thought that was short for da MAYTAG man....figured you repaired appliances.....my bad!!
'05 Grizzly,29.5x12x12 outlaws,Gorilla axles,2in. lift,maxxis 8 spoke wheels,lift springs(highlifter),1in widetrac spacers in front,k&n,prefilter,super trapp,dynojet,Power
Now,Warn 2.5,all brushed alum. bash plates(yamaha),custom graphics,self leveling beverage holder.

2001 Road King Clas

Da_Mtg_Man

QuoteGlad you cleared that up(your screen name),I thought that was short for da MAYTAG man....figured you repaired appliances.....my bad!!

lol... Thats funny....
FLORIDA MUD RIDER

kawGIRL

Allright!!  DaMaytagman  why not [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif]
07 Rhino
www.floridamudriders.com

Moose

#12
On the up side, the maytag man doesn't work to hard.  ;D

We could just shorten it to maytag..  [smiley=laugh.gif]
LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

Hoosier Daddy

We have pics that my grandmother gave us that has hwy 60 (brandon blvd-adamo) as being a dirt road..
Very few TRUE Floridians left... :-[
BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"

Moose

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen

jjamesbar

we sometimes talk of selling and building a new house, but with land prices and the cost of construction so high we'll just stay put. thank the lord for homestead excemtion and the 3% ceiling per year on taxes in this state.

jeff
keep doin what your doin your gonna get what you got

jbbj220

I think that they should build a bob wire fench along the FL border with check points, the only way you can come in is if you have enough money to get out. No more building anywhere in this state. It has gotten to crowded. If nothing else the state and not the counties should have a very large impact fee say something like $10,000 per sq. ft. Bet that would keep people out for a while just so the state can catch up. [smiley=ThumbsUp.gif] [smiley=angry2.gif]
you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)

jbbj whats a bob wire fence? Is that a bunch of bobs holding hands? (haha)
East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com